Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed". [SOLVED] Empty "The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:19

I give up figuring this out on my own and I couldn't quite find any topic or thread that handled the same issue as mine. =/

As a huge fan of The Sims and of free downloading I've heard and read so much good about games4theworld, the downloads and the support, so I got on the wave and downloaded ALL The Sims 3 games (the games4theworld-version. Duh!). After countless tries before, I've learned to keep Daemon-tools, CCleaner and WinRAR close at hand during these tries and I've even managed to find my way in to regedit a few times and have cleaned out the keys from former installations. The computer is as clean as it gets!
As a good little noob I found my way to the "MUST READ!" and started at the top.

I installed the base game. All was well! Then I tried to install World Adventures, but the setup wanted to update and patch, wich wouldn't work, so I took the "MUST READ!"'s advice and downloaded the manual patch and after that it all worked fine! For a while.

I installed World Adventures. Hight End Loft Stuff. Ambitions. Fast Lane Stuff. Late Night. (All in order of when they came out).
But when I come down to Outdoor Living Stuff I get this:

"Setup has detected that The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. Setup is unable to continue."

I might add that I also took the "MUST READ!"'s advice and have done nothing with any [#Crack]-folders. Niether have I tried to play the game in between the installations. Maybe I should have, just to see if it worked? But according to the "MUST READ!" I'm supposed to install all I want before replacing the crack of the basegame, so I figured it wouldn't work until then...

Anyways. What the frakk am I supposed to do now?! O_o
I wanna play Supernatural so baaaad..!

Thank you in advance! Thank you so much for all of your devoted support to all of us! I, for one, have had tons of help just reading the forum threads. =)

Last edited by Cellitha on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:55; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:23

Try updating Origin - just on a hunch.

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:32

hexorcist wrote:Try updating Origin - just on a hunch.

Huh? Origin? Why?
Hm. Now when you mention it, I do have Origin installed, but I think it came with an other game of mine, because I've had nothing to do with it when it comes to The Sims 3. Or does it? O_o

:newfag:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:35

It does, unless you're using the digital copy which is Steam powered .. but since you told us you're using the G4TW copies, it's Origin Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:38

hexorcist wrote:It does, unless you're using the digital copy which is Steam powered .. but since you told us you're using the G4TW copies, it's Origin Smile

Ahaaa.....! That explains it. =)
So. How do I do that? =D I haven't even registered there. Hmmm.... *tries*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:51

Okey, so now I'm registered... Guess that's an updated version?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:54

Didn't have to register - just needed to try updating Origin Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:57

hexorcist wrote:Didn't have to register - just needed to try updating Origin Wink

....I don't get it. How do I update? The link you sent me (thank you!) only allowed me to download it, but I allready have it. Where/how do I update...? *searching!*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 21:57

That download will install any updates that there are to Origin - it's the latest version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 22:02

hexorcist wrote:That download will install any updates that there are to Origin - it's the latest version.

But it says I've allready got "this version of Origin on this computer". Should I download it anyway...? (Sorry for all the questions! I'm actually a brunette! XD )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 22:06

Alright, my hunch was wrong. Try this: install Seasons. The order you install doesn't actually matter, but Seasons will get you through all of the other expansion installs without having to update with each expansion.

If Seasons fails, I need you to run one of the commands below. It will put a file on your desktop called "Sims3.reg" - right click on it, click on "Edit" then copy and paste all of the information in that file as a reply here.

- 32bit: regedit /E "%userprofile%\Desktop\Sims3.reg" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims
- 64bit: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit /E "%userprofile%\Desktop\Sims3.reg" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 22:11

hexorcist wrote:Alright, my hunch was wrong. Try this: install Seasons. The order you install doesn't actually matter, but Seasons will get you through all of the other expansion installs without having to update with each expansion.

Nope. Doesn't work. -__-
But it's really not the update-problem I'm experiencing now; this time around it's the setup Wizard (that's the name, right?) that refuse to handle the installation because it says "The Sims 3" is corrupt or damaged or something.

=(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 22:20

Cellitha wrote:
hexorcist wrote:Alright, my hunch was wrong. Try this: install Seasons. The order you install doesn't actually matter, but Seasons will get you through all of the other expansion installs without having to update with each expansion.

Nope. Doesn't work. -__-
But it's really not the update-problem I'm experiencing now; this time around it's the setup Wizard (that's the name, right?) that refuse to handle the installation because it says "The Sims 3" is corrupt or damaged or something.

=(

I understand this. I'm not a beginner Smile

Read my last post, I left some furher instructions for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 22:25

If Seasons fails, I need you to run one of the commands below. It will put a file on your desktop called "Sims3.reg" - right click on it, click on "Edit" then copy and paste all of the information in that file as a reply here.

- 32bit: regedit /E "%userprofile%\Desktop\Sims3.reg" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims
- 64bit: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit /E "%userprofile%\Desktop\Sims3.reg" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims

Oooooh my! That's a lot of weirdness!
From the top, maestro; I can get to regedit and the sims...thingy. That's about the only thing I understand of your code there. *s* Where to? What how? =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 22:27

Do you have teamviewer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 22:31

hexorcist wrote:Do you have teamviewer?

I sure do! PM:ed you about it! ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 22:33

*hopes everything is in English*

I haven't used my limited knowledge of svensk in years.

Edit: Fixed. Issues were registry related. Now if I could just click the
button with the letters "OK" on it I'd be doing alright.

Sim on, simmer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 00:05

Thank you very very much! The game works PERFECT now - all of them! ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 Jan 2013, 19:59

Hi there,

Thank you, Hexorcist.
Glad to hear it's all working fine now.
Enjoy the game and let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with! "The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed". [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top