Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed all expansion to get a blank main menu.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed all expansion to get a blank main menu. Empty Installed all expansion to get a blank main menu.

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 01:31

HI. I am still confused on where to post in here. I installed the base game and most all the expansions. I used the ultimate fix and the update. I followed all the directions in the ultimate fix. The launcher starts just fine and the game goes through all the titles until it gets to that main menu where you pick a town. The towns are empty and the main menu shows up empty. I have to use the computer ctrl delete to shut the game down. I have gone over and over all the rules and the instructions I have no idea where I am messing up at. Please help me and please tell me where to place my questions in the appropriate forum. Thank you so much.

Back to top Go down

Installed all expansion to get a blank main menu. Empty Re: Installed all expansion to get a blank main menu.

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 02:58

Hello and welcome! Very Happy
So all you need to do is get the latest manual patch here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v166-fix-manual-patch
and get the ultimate fix here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
1) double click on manual patch and just let it update to latest version (1.67).
2) after update is over open ultimate fix folder then open #Crack folder and copy the content of that folder and paste it in here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
3) open your game and see if it works! Smile

Back to top Go down

Installed all expansion to get a blank main menu. Empty already did the update

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 03:39

Hi, I already did the update like you said even before I posted it changed nothing. Now when used the ultimate fix I went through all the older expansions including the base game and used the copy and paste. I used this in expansions like the following World Adventures through Outdoor living stuff and I put those in the expansion directories but the newer expansions I put it in the base game directory. I did start out with origins games but the expansions from here were not working with them so I decided to just use from Games4theworld base game. I deleted the origins game directory. Hope this helps in some way. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Installed all expansion to get a blank main menu. Empty Re: Installed all expansion to get a blank main menu.

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 03:45

Hello again,
I just wanted to mention that origin games work ABSOLUTELY fine with the games here... Smile
But if you wanna try downloading it from here too then go ahead and let us know the results...
thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 04 Feb 2014, 03:47

Hello there,

Can I ask you a few questions?

(1) Do you have any mods/Custom Content installed?
(2) Did you install the base game via Origin?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Installed all expansion to get a blank main menu. Empty No mods

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 03:52

No I don't have any mods I did originally start with origin but it wasn't working out so I went with the base game and the expansions from here. I deleted the origins directory.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 04 Feb 2014, 04:35

Problem being taken care via the chatbox.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top