Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Packs Not Appearing In Game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Packs Not Appearing In Game? Empty Packs Not Appearing In Game?

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 05:58

A was recently given Nantucket Pack and 5th Ave Fashions Pack which I decrapified and then installed. The launcher says it's not installed, but it's in the downloads folder and I have it in my packages folder. I went through my thumbnails and all the content from those 2 packs show up there. However, when I go into my game to create a new family, the clothing, hair, etc. from MadCASS (5th Ave Fashions) is NOT there. I'm going crazy trying to fix it or figure out why, as I needed those clothes for a series of Sims I'm creating. Please help! Again, the launcher shows it as not installed, if I click them and "install" them, it say installed, if I close out and open it back up, not installed. In both download and package folders. Also content is in the thumbnails. Now what? How do I get them to show up in the game?! Help

Back to top Go down

Packs Not Appearing In Game? Empty Re: Packs Not Appearing In Game?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Jun 2013, 07:33

Cr8zyC8tL8dy wrote:A was recently given Nantucket Pack and 5th Ave Fashions Pack which I decrapified and then installed. The launcher says it's not installed, but it's in the downloads folder and I have it in my packages folder. I went through my thumbnails and all the content from those 2 packs show up there. However, when I go into my game to create a new family, the clothing, hair, etc. from MadCASS (5th Ave Fashions) is NOT there. I'm going crazy trying to fix it or figure out why, as I needed those clothes for a series of Sims I'm creating. Please help! Again, the launcher shows it as not installed, if I click them and "install" them, it say installed, if I close out and open it back up, not installed. In both download and package folders. Also content is in the thumbnails. Now what? How do I get them to show up in the game?! Packs Not Appearing In Game? 2830496658

Hello,

Have you already checked out this here ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 07:40

Hi, I'm reading that link, no I had not seen it, and I'm confused by step #2

2. Open your launcher and uninstall all sims3packs, and close when finished.

How do I know what is what? I have all the expansions, stuffs, worlds, and store content through June installed... how do I know what to uninstall and what not to. I also have some custom houses installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Jun 2013, 07:50

Cr8zyC8tL8dy wrote:Hi, I'm reading that link, no I had not seen it, and I'm confused by step #2

2. Open your launcher and uninstall all sims3packs, and close when finished.

How do I know what is what? I have all the expansions, stuffs, worlds, and store content through June installed... how do I know what to uninstall and what not to. I also have some custom houses installed.

What that article is trying to say, is that if you experience problems with (un-)installing ".sims3pack" files, then you have to delete the caches and ALL the sims3packs themselves: that is basically done by deleting the contents of DCBackup, DCCache, Installed Worlds, and maybe the folder "Library" too (for the custom houses).

HOWEVER, if you don't have your ".sims3packs" somewhere as a backup, you (of course) can't re-install them afterwards.

So what you could try is this here: if you still have that downloaded "fashion" .sims3pack somewhere, copy it again into the "Downloads" folder. Now open the launcher, and look for that item. Mark it, then click "install". Now don't close the launcher - instead mark it and click "uninstall".

Now that fashion set should be gone, so re-install again.

//EDIT

If you do have your .sims3packs as a backup, then just open the launcher, go to the "installed items" tab and select "mark all". Then at the bottom, click on "un-install". Now proceed with step #3 of the guide in the link.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 08:14

Okay, since it was 2 different packs, I did have those, I re-installed both, it said successful, so I clicked on both again and my options were install/delete/show folder. I clicked install again, since it was there to see what happened and it said: success! So then I tried deleting them, and re-installing again, now just for giggles... and again it said: success! Closed the launcher, opened it, they are uninstalled. So... I installed yet again, shows installed, click on them and still says "install" below, install again... another success, close launcher, open up, un-installed! (bangs head on desk) Shocked

I installed other decrapified content w/o any problems! I checked with a friend and she is having the same exact problem, can install other items, but not these two. It's frustrating! Sad

//EDIT

Sorry, it's late, um early, in-stalled, went to installed content, found
the un-install button, clicked uninstall and it says: content cannot be
found. Say what?!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Jun 2013, 08:21

Cr8zyC8tL8dy wrote:Okay, since it was 2 different packs, I did have those, I re-installed both, it said successful, so I clicked on both again and my options were install/delete/show folder. I clicked install again, since it was there to see what happened and it said: success! So then I tried deleting them, and re-installing again, now just for giggles... and again it said: success! Closed the launcher, opened it, they are uninstalled. So... I installed yet again, shows installed, click on them and still says "install" below, install again... another success, close launcher, open up, un-installed! (bangs head on desk) Shocked

I installed other decrapified content w/o any problems! I checked with a friend and she is having the same exact problem, can install other items, but not these two. It's frustrating! Sad

Besides Lady ElDi's article about un-installing all the ".sims3packs", another (theoretical) possibility could be that your (and your friend's) downloads are corrupted - in which case I suggest you wait for the Games4theWorld download account to be re-opened; I'm sure these items will become available too after a while.

//EDIT

Cr8zyC8tL8dy wrote:Sorry, it's late, um early, in-stalled, went to
installed content, found the un-install button, clicked uninstall and it
says: content cannot be found. Say what?!

OK, then go on with deleting DCBackup, DCCache, and so on.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Tue 11 Jun 2013, 08:25; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 08:24

It may be my only choice... sigh... I got them off a reputable site, but like you said, they could be corrupted. They were uploaded by members, untouched, I decrapified them according to this site, but alas, it is not to be!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Jun 2013, 09:33

Hello,

Sometimes it can help to use a different method for unwilling sims3packs. In this case, I'd try extracting the sims3packs with this tool and place them in the Mods\Packages folder. If you don't know how to use such a folder, go here to get the framework.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 22:32

OK, then go on with deleting DCBackup, DCCache, and so on.[/quote]

I tried that, didn't help.

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Sometimes it can help to use a different method for unwilling sims3packs. In this case, I'd try extracting the sims3packs with this tool and place them in the Mods\Packages folder. If you don't know how to use such a folder, go here to get the framework.

I will try this now and see if it works. I'll get back to you and let you know.

Thanks to everyone here trying to help me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 01:47

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Well, I tried this on both packs. Then went into launcher, installed them, closed out, went back and they are uninstalled... again. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 12:05

Cr8zyC8tL8dy wrote:Well, I tried this on both packs. Then went into launcher, installed them, closed out, went back and they are uninstalled... again.  Sad

Well, I'm having the same issue and I'm trying so solve this for two freaking weeks!
Now I may have the solution.
After using all sorts of softwares to install my Sims3Pack I found one that show me the way but he's not helping me a lot.
I'm using CC Magic to instal my Sims3Pack to the game and it works well... The problem is... My game speed drop like a hell, it took me something between 15~20 minuts to load the second screen, and when I go create a sim.. Jesus! It lags my hole game, my frame rate drop to something like 2~5 FPS [and my PC is not that bad]. So... Yeah... CC Magic solve my problem but he add me another one, so it doesn't help too much...
If someone has the answer please help.
If I can't solve this problem in 5 days I'll format my PC as my last weapon to solve this problem. Anyway, I'll keep you guys informed of this situation even if it doesn't solve anything. ヘ(゚∀゚*)ノ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 14:36

It seems my files must have been corrupt, as I obtained the packs from another site and they installed perfectly. I won't use that site again, as I posted a comment on the forums, and was publicly flogged for not posting in the correct area. Plus, their stuff doesn't seem to work.

Back to top Go down

Packs Not Appearing In Game? Empty Finaly!

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 10:35

Ok, I solve my problem!
In case that someone else having the same problem [launcher seems to install sim3pack but hen you start the game/close the launcher and re-open none (or almost none) of your sim3pack aren't installed], I found a solution.
You just need to install all Custom Content (sim3pack and/or packages) with CC Magic. [dashboard tool help me on game lag, it seems that I have some sim2package, corrupt and conflicted files on my package folder]
It took me some time to find some tutorial that is really easy for me to understand [as you can see my English is not that good]. So... That's it! Problem solved! At least for me. (@Д@;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 20:55

ukitaka wrote:Ok, I solve my problem!
In case that someone else having the same problem [launcher seems to install sim3pack but hen you start the game/close the launcher and re-open none (or almost none) of your sim3pack aren't installed], I found a solution.
You just need to install all Custom Content (sim3pack and/or packages) with CC Magic. [dashboard tool help me on game lag, it seems that I have some sim2package, corrupt and conflicted files on my package folder]
It took me some time to find some tutorial that is really easy for me to understand [as you can see my English is not that good]. So... That's it! Problem solved! At least for me. (@Д@;

Thank you! Where can I find this CC Magic? I'm having problems again! :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 21:02

Download it from Mod the Sims (google it, we cannot post too many links here...)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jun 2013, 22:06

Cr8zyC8tL8dy wrote:
Thank you! Where can I find this CC Magic? I'm having problems again! WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello,

To make things a bit easier: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888

Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top