Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 doesn't start up (ERROR)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 doesn't start up (ERROR) Empty Sims 3 doesn't start up (ERROR)

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 13:53

Hi.
My game used to work fine before I installed into the future. When I installed into the future, however, the game stopped starting up. I tried using the TSW.exe file directly and it would not start up. The mouse pointer just changes to the blue circle that indicates loading but changes back and nothing happens. SOMETIMES the following error pops up.
Sims 3 doesn't start up (ERROR) Capture

I uninstalled EVERYTHING. (I had all EPs and SPs)
Installed all again. Used the "how to install the sims 3 correctly" guide.
Updated to 1.67 and used the ultimate fix. 
The game started up.
But when I wanted to start up the game the next day, same error. I did a factory reset and the game worked fine.
But from that day onwards, even the factory reset wouldn't help. I've added DEP. Removed all my mods/CC. 

I don't know what to do anymore.
Any form of help would be much appreciated Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 doesn't start up (ERROR) Empty Re: Sims 3 doesn't start up (ERROR)

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 15:23

i have the same problem! i've the sims 3, university, late night as original games, yesterday i've installed the sims 3 seasons from your download, but it's not working! at first it starts as usual with a black screen shot but then it turns it off and appears this error but the code is different, mine says "0x004dd536" and the memory is "0x07653db9".
i've also updated the game at version 1.67 but instead of Soroosharthilo i haven't done the ultimate fix ('cause i dont know what it is) please help me!  Help

(sorry about my english, i'm italian, if you dont understand something i'll try to explain my self better)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 15:40

19cloe wrote:i have the same problem! i've the sims 3, university, late night as original games, yesterday i've installed the sims 3 seasons from your download, but it's not working! at first it starts as usual with a black screen shot but then it turns it off and appears this error but the code is different, mine says "0x004dd536" and the memory is "0x07653db9".
i've also updated the game at version 1.67 but instead of Soroosharthilo i haven't done the ultimate fix ('cause i dont know what it is) please help me!  Help

(sorry about my english, i'm italian, if you dont understand something i'll try to explain my self better)
Hi there,19cloe please open your own topic so that we can assest you better.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 02 Feb 2014, 15:52

Sorooshartilo wrote:Hi.
My game used to work fine before I installed into the future. When I installed into the future, however, the game stopped starting up. I tried using the TSW.exe file directly and it would not start up. The mouse pointer just changes to the blue circle that indicates loading but changes back and nothing happens. SOMETIMES the following error pops up.
Sims 3 doesn't start up (ERROR) Capture

I uninstalled EVERYTHING. (I had all EPs and SPs)
Installed all again. Used the "how to install the sims 3 correctly" guide.
Updated to 1.67 and used the ultimate fix. 
The game started up.
But when I wanted to start up the game the next day, same error. I did a factory reset and the game worked fine.
But from that day onwards, even the factory reset wouldn't help. I've added DEP. Removed all my mods/CC. 

I don't know what to do anymore.
Any form of help would be much appreciated Sims 3 doesn't start up (ERROR) Icon_smile

Hello,

First of all, it's not very clever to un-install The Sims 3 with barely the un-install wizard. This might cause a lot of problems (such as corrupted registry), and might even cause various errors. To perform a clean re-installation, have a look at this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

I strongly recommend you to perform a registry check and restart your pc after un-installing the games (according to the above guide).

Your error can be caused by a lot of different factors. One is insufficient virtual memory. To set your virtual memory correctly, go to Control Panel >> System and Security >> System >> Advanced System Settings. There, you will find a lot of tabs. Click "Advanced". Inside the "Performance" box, click on the button "Settings".

This time go to "Advanced" tab again, and click "Change". Un-check the box "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives". This time, allocate less memory on paging file on your boot partition (where the operating system is in, usually C: Drive), and allocate more memory on other partitions.

Data Execution Prevention can also be a problem. Have a look at this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014. This guide shows you how to disable DEP on your games.

19cloe wrote:i have the same problem! i've the sims 3, university, late night as original games, yesterday i've installed the sims 3 seasons from your download, but it's not working! at first it starts as usual with a black screen shot but then it turns it off and appears this error but the code is different, mine says "0x004dd536" and the memory is "0x07653db9".
i've also updated the game at version 1.67 but instead of Soroosharthilo i haven't done the ultimate fix ('cause i dont know what it is) please help me!  Sims 3 doesn't start up (ERROR) 2830496658

We prefer users to open their new topics for their own questions. Even though the problems tend to be similar, it doesn't mean same solution applies to all. Your question here will not be answered.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 15:59

sorry Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Feb 2014, 16:46

Thank you, J.T.
Can you please tell me how much I should allocate to each drive ?
I have 4 gb of RAM and have to drives. C (the boot partition) and D (backup drive)
 Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 05 Feb 2014, 15:03

Sorooshartilo wrote:Thank you, J.T.
Can you please tell me how much I should allocate to each drive ?
I have 4 gb of RAM and have to drives. C (the boot partition) and D (backup drive)
 Thanks.

Hello,

Sorry for late reply. Can you have a look at this: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/simple-ways-to-increase-your-computers-performace-configuring-the-paging-file/.

Do ask if you don't understand any of the article.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top