Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher Empty There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 03:59

Hi, I've been trouble shooting with this problem for far too long and just cant figure it out.

There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher Untitl10

A lot of people seem to say its registry issue?
I checked out the registry and noticed the sims 3 in two locations (please note the two different locations):

There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher 22210

There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher 44410

Could this be causing the problem? 

Any suggestions how to fix. I dont want to uninstall/reinstall I have over 1k custom content and all the expansions D:'
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher Empty Re: There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 04:13

I also want to add that, the values are all missing in this key (picture 1 location above)

There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher 33310

p.s: the game still lets me play, just i cant use the launcher or install any CC Sad

Back to top Go down

There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher Empty Re: There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 04:15

Sorry for multiple posts, I cant find the edit button? Anyway, I'm not sure if I just delete these entries if it will fix the problem or bug the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 04:21

Well I deleted the extra edits and it still isnt working Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 04:24

I have followed this guide,
https://www.games4theworld.club/t6052-there-was-an-error-during-startup-please-see-the-log-for-more-details-fix#

And all is as it should be. I even removed the additional entries in the registry.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Nov 2018, 16:47

You could try re-applying the 1.67 manual patch, followed by re-applying the (1.67) Ultimate Fix as well. 
https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Then try the game again.

P.S. normal users cannot edit/delete their own messages anymore in the majority of Forum sections here; just post a follow-up message if you want to add something. The "Edit"-button was barely ever used for its intended purpose anyway, and if it was used, then in many cases abusively, so I've turned that option off.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018, 11:59

Hi,

I tried the suggestion and now its giving another error Sad

There was an error during start up. Please see the log for more details ERROR Sims 3 Launcher Rwer10

So frustrating because I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall :'( Esp with all the mods/CC I have D:

Any other suggestions on what is going wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018, 12:01

P.S. Like I said the game still fully functions and works JUST NOT the launcher which is stopping me from adding more CC.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Nov 2018, 18:47

scarletrose wrote:P.S. Like I said the game still fully functions and works JUST NOT the launcher which is stopping me from adding more CC.

I've never heard from a case like the problem you seem to be experiencing right now, but OK. You can also install .sims3pack files (except worlds) with third-party tools such as CC Magic

If for some reason you still prefer using the awful launcher (I really don't recommend using it at all), then here are maybe some things you could try:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t16882-the-sims-3-launcher-problems-notice

Not really a troubleshooting guide, but I can't think of much else to say on that end, I'm sorry. If the game really works fine otherwise, I would not recommend to uninstall/re-install. In the event you need to install .sims3pack worlds, google around for "installing worlds without launcher sims 3". Other than that, consider using CC Magic.

Edit/Update: I also noticed that your game seems to be installed on a D: drive. Was it always on the D: drive?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2018, 04:13

Thanks heaps! I got CC Magic and installed my CC that way. Thanks! P.S I also hate the sims 3 launcher D:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Nov 2018, 23:22

scarletrose wrote:Thanks heaps! I got CC Magic and installed my CC that way. Thanks! P.S I also hate the sims 3 launcher D:

And your game is really working fine, otherwise? No crashes, or missing items...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top