Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buy/build greyed out. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buy/build greyed out. [SOLVED] Empty Buy/build greyed out. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 18:06

Hello, I've done everything by the book, 3 times at least, the pets game loads fine and everything looks fine, except the buy/build buttons are greyed out, can't even click on them, i downloaded the patched and fix, followed instructions, still this problem remains. What can I do to fix this? I looked through the forums and did not see any other topics like this, the game doesn't crash or anything, just those buttons are greyed out. upon further investigating, none of the other expansions will launch, no matter what one i click on pets will load. I uninstalled pets and now the other games will launch.

Back to top Go down

Buy/build greyed out. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Buy/build greyed out. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 20:47

Hello,
The expansion that appears on the loading screen is always the last one installed.
Have you try with all the lots?

Can you build/buy in Edit Town mode?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 00:19

yes, in town mode i can

//EDIT

carlos suggested in the chatbox I open mydocs, EA and rename the sims folder and make a new save, it worked, everything now seems to be working

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Feb 2014, 01:55

JohnStone1963 wrote:yes, in town mode i can

//EDIT

carlos suggested i open mydocs, EA and rename the sims folder and make a new save, it worked, everything now seems to be working

Well, it's good to hear that - for now. Smile 

Most likely the problem was that one of your savefiles was corrupt, or you had incompatible mods/CC or corrupted cache files. Do you want to get back your old saves - or will you "start over" again ?

If so, is there anything else we can assist you with ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 04:13

wouldn't mind getting the old saves back, but if it's not possible then it's all good

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Feb 2014, 07:31

JohnStone1963 wrote:wouldn't mind getting the old saves back, but if it's not possible then it's all good

Go back to your folder that you renamed, and copy the folders Saves, DCCache and Installed Worlds.

Paste these folders into your NEW "The Sims 3" folder, that was created when you started the game (overwrite all existing files/folder, when prompted).

After that, re-start the game and see if you have any problems; if you do, then we might have to do some additional "tweaking" (i.e. narrowing down the possible causes by removing the stuff again one by one).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 12:00

yup, the problem came back, so i am renaming those folders one by one to see which one is the problem

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Feb 2014, 12:13

JohnStone1963 wrote:yup, the problem came back, so i am renaming those folders one by one to see which one is the problem

Yes, start removing those folders you just pasted in, one by one. So Saves, then DCCache and then Installed Worlds.

Keep us posted !

P.S. you want to keep the original "The Sims 3" folder which you renamed at first, for now. So go to your NEW "The Sims 3" folder and delete those 3 sub-folders I mentioned one by one.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 12:40

ok, I've narrowed it down to one saved game, there are two saves, one works fine, the other has the issue, there are 6 files in that folder, as follows:

1a5tf1l3.dat
China_0x0859db4c.nhd
Meta.data
Sunset Valley_0x0859db3c.nhd
Sunset Valley_0x0859db3cExportDB.package
TravelDB.package

//EDIT

I am now copying and replace these files one at a time to see if can narrow it down to the specific file causing the problem.

//EDIT

I believe I have it narrowed down to the 1a5tf1l3.dat file, lost from this point

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Feb 2014, 20:54

JohnStone1963 wrote:ok, I've narrowed it down to one saved game, there are two saves, one works fine, the other has the issue, there are 6 files in that folder, as follows:

1a5tf1l3.dat
China_0x0859db4c.nhd
Meta.data
Sunset Valley_0x0859db3c.nhd
Sunset Valley_0x0859db3cExportDB.package
TravelDB.package

//EDIT

I am now copying and replace these files one at a time to see if can narrow it down to the specific file causing the problem.

//EDIT

I believe I have it narrowed down to the 1a5tf1l3.dat file, lost from this point

There is no way of "repairing" savefiles, if you mean to ask that. So I suggest you give up that corrupt savefile, and start over.

And please, next time, can you use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add anything to your original message ? Instead of posting multiple times in a row ? This only means more work for me because I have to merge the posts into one. Thanks. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:56

oh sorry about that, new here, but you been a great help, i did wind up deleting that one file, now everything is working as it should, thanks bunches.

Moderator edit: I'm closing the topic now. If you have any other questions, feel free to open a new topic here. Have fun !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top