Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Has Stopped Working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Empty Sims 3 Has Stopped Working

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 02:41

Hi, sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong place, I pretty much purely joined hoping someone would be able to help me with this.

I installed the Ultimate Fix on this website to solve a problem with my whole town just randomly stopping aging, and it worked, but now I have the game open for 10 minutes MAX and it crashes and comes up with the "the sims 3 has stopped working" bubble. I haven't downloaded anything since the ultimate fix and it has never done this before that. I've got a brand new laptop and it only really has sims 3 (+ expansions) so i don't think it would be a memory issue. I have Windows 8 (unfortunately -_-) if that means anything?

Thank you so much.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Empty Re: Sims 3 Has Stopped Working

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 03:23

Hello rebekah-a and welcome! Very Happy
I suggest you check this topic out to see if it's any help at all:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014
If there's any improvements to your game AT ALL just let us know please! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 03:36

I haven't tried that yet (I will if this happens again), but I reopened sims for the 4th time about 10 minutes after I posted this topic and it hasn't crashed (of course) but the initial problem of sims not aging has started again!

I don't know what's happening! I didn't mess around with anything, I just figured I'd try and open it again and see how long I can play it for and just gahhh. Sad

EDIT: And then as soon as I posted this and went back into the game, it crashed. Hahah.

Last edited by rebekah-a on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 03:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 03:41

Hello again Smile,
I'm glad it's working now, if it happens AGAIN just let us know we'll help if we can (I'm most definitely NOT the expert here! Facepalm )
I would suggest you to save your game every few minutes so IF by any chance it crashes again you won't lose much! Wink 
Any other questions? rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Feb 2014, 05:01

Is there any reason why my Ultimate Fix would have stopped working? My sims still don't age, and when I try to "testingcheatsenabled" force them to age up, their assigned actions get cancelled, eg. they are in the red needing to sleep, so I send them to bed and it cancels itself, and when it automatically sends them to bed, it does it same.

It crashed after I minimized it to check on this topic Sad

I'm probably just best off uninstalling everything and reinstalling it, hey?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Feb 2014, 07:28

rebekah-a wrote:Is there any reason why my Ultimate Fix would have stopped working? My sims still don't age, and when I try to "testingcheatsenabled" force them to age up, their assigned actions get cancelled, eg. they are in the red needing to sleep, so I send them to bed and it cancels itself, and when it automatically sends them to bed, it does it same.

It crashed after I minimized it to check on this topic Sad

I'm probably just best off uninstalling everything and reinstalling it, hey?

Hello,

No, you shouldn't un-install yet.

Please, if you haven't done so, do all the steps in the guide that Ella linked to above.

If your Windows 8 is 64-bit AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows 8 is 32-bit and/or if you have less than 4 GB of RAM on your computer.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Mar 2014, 00:26

Hi, sorry to boost such an old thread but I finally got around to doing the steps in that link I was given to try and fix this. 

So far, I've installed the 4GB patch, removed CC (I wasn't sure if this meant I'm not able to actually use CC at all? I took it off and the only difference to the game was that it loaded faster. I didn't play it long enough to see if it crashed or not but either way, I don't really want to play Sims without CC because it's just so ugly and boring haha), and now I'm doing the DEP step. 

As I said before, I'm using a Windows 8 system and I haven't been able to find any .exe files in the /game/bin or any of the folders inside it (they're all "application" file types and I'm terrible with this stuff and have no idea what it means) and copying and pasting the location like it says to just gets me a little pop up saying it's invalid. 

Sorry to be such a pain, I'm just not ready to give up on this game I've spent so much money on over the years, especially when I ONLY use the new computer I've got for it. It's just such a shame and it's so frustrating. 

Can anyone help me out with it? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Mar 2014, 19:08

rebekah-a wrote:Hi, sorry to boost such an old thread but I finally got around to doing the steps in that link I was given to try and fix this. 

So far, I've installed the 4GB patch, removed CC (I wasn't sure if this meant I'm not able to actually use CC at all? I took it off and the only difference to the game was that it loaded faster. I didn't play it long enough to see if it crashed or not but either way, I don't really want to play Sims without CC because it's just so ugly and boring haha), and now I'm doing the DEP step. 

As I said before, I'm using a Windows 8 system and I haven't been able to find any .exe files in the /game/bin or any of the folders inside it (they're all "application" file types and I'm terrible with this stuff and have no idea what it means) and copying and pasting the location like it says to just gets me a little pop up saying it's invalid. 

Sorry to be such a pain, I'm just not ready to give up on this game I've spent so much money on over the years, especially when I ONLY use the new computer I've got for it. It's just such a shame and it's so frustrating. 

Can anyone help me out with it? Sad

No, you're not a "pain", but next time, if you can, try updating us earlier on your progress. Smile

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Can you completely de-activate your anti-virus program completely. Next, re-do the steps from #2 to #4, even if you are "sure" you have done that correctly, before: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Press the Windows key + E; and then go on to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, where you should paste the two files from the #crack-folder of the "Ultimate fix".

Next, what exactly does your error message say, when you try pasting the files to the base game location ? Can you even post a screenshot of that error maybe ?

OK, if you really manage to apply the latest manual patch and Ultimate fix correctly, then re-start the game again, and see if anything improved.

If you can't seem to do that; then download and install a program called "TeamViewer", from here (if you still don't have that): http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Contact me via PM, if you want, so that I can temporarily take contol of your computer, and try fixing this. Again, PM me for specifics.

Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top