Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with in-game town loading screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with in-game town loading screen Empty Problem with in-game town loading screen

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 06:52

Hello!

I was hoping I could be guided in the right direction regarding an issue that has plagued me for the past two months, not allowing me to play the Sims at all.

I have all of the expansions and stuff packs installed, plus all of the towns, and the latest store fix installed, including the latest version of the Ultimate Fix all from G4TW. No other "custom content" is installed (boardwalk from Roaring Heights is, however). The game launcher opens normally, the game loads fine, and the menu appears perfectly fine. However, whenever I pick any town to load (new game or saved game), the loading screen (I have tried with both the lifetime points interaction on and off) loads all the way until just a tiny bit before the bar is fully loaded. It stays this way forever and I am forced to close the game through windows task manager. It's not that the game freezes - music still plays normally, tip screens still change - it just stays with a tiny bit left to load forever. The town never loads and thus the actual game does not load.

What could possibly be wrong? I've already uninstalled and re-installed all of the games 3 times with no luck. Any help would be awesome - I really miss playing the Sims! Thanks a million! Smile

Back to top Go down

Problem with in-game town loading screen Empty Re: Problem with in-game town loading screen

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Feb 2014, 10:23

bryanr0213 wrote:Hello!

I was hoping I could be guided in the right direction regarding an issue that has plagued me for the past two months, not allowing me to play the Sims at all.

I have all of the expansions and stuff packs installed, plus all of the towns, and the latest store fix installed, including the latest version of the Ultimate Fix all from G4TW. No other "custom content" is installed (boardwalk from Roaring Heights is, however). The game launcher opens normally, the game loads fine, and the menu appears perfectly fine. However, whenever I pick any town to load (new game or saved game), the loading screen (I have tried with both the lifetime points interaction on and off) loads all the way until just a tiny bit before the bar is fully loaded. It stays this way forever and I am forced to close the game through windows task manager. It's not that the game freezes - music still plays normally, tip screens still change - it just stays with a tiny bit left to load forever. The town never loads and thus the actual game does not load.

What could possibly be wrong? I've already uninstalled and re-installed all of the games 3 times with no luck. Any help would be awesome - I really miss playing the Sims! Thanks a million! Smile

Hello,

Do you have any mods ? If so, remove ALL of them for now. Afterwards, go to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Now, delete the file scriptCache.package.

And then re-start the gasme - and your town should load. Smile  Keep us posted !

P.S. you should also be patient, since it can take a while until the loading bar gets "past" that last bit of the bar.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem with in-game town loading screen Empty Re: Problem with in-game town loading screen

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 18:38

Thanks so much for the reply! I don't have any mods installed, but I found that if I play in windowed mode, it loads!! Why do you believe this can be? Is there anything I could possibly do to not have to play in windowed mode? I use Razer Game Booster - but it doesn't do anything in that aspect.

Thanks! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Feb 2014, 19:04

bryanr0213 wrote:Thanks so much for the reply! I don't have any mods installed, but I found that if I play in windowed mode, it loads!! Why do you believe this can be? Is there anything I could possibly do to not have to play in windowed mode? I use Razer Game Booster - but it doesn't do anything in that aspect.

Thanks! Smile

What are your computer specs - and especially the specs of your graphics card(s) ? I've heard from similar "problems", with graphics cards that don't support (!) the fullscreen mode.

But I'm not sure in your case; can you lower the in-game graphics settings, and then try again the fullscreen mode ?

Other than that I'm unsure - sorry for that. Wat.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top