Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interaction Menu Lag?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interaction Menu Lag? Empty Interaction Menu Lag?

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 07:41

Hi! So, my game runs fine, all of my mods are up-to-date, I've merged all my package files in categories like hair, clothes, makeup, and whatnot. I keep my mods separated and my skins and sliders separated just for safety and to keep more organized if I need to delete some. Anyways, I've always had a slight lag when it came to clicking on my sim or another sim whether they be in my family or not, and I thought it was because nraas had to load in the menu, but just recently, it's been a lot longer, like ten seconds to load the interactions. Clicking on objects is fine, and the game isn't lagging at all, it's just the interactions. I thought nraas was the root of my issues, so I took out all nraas mods and tried playing the game, and the lag is still there. Also, I go through every time before I play the game and clear out the cache and the featured items and things like that, so I'm at a loss. Help?

Back to top Go down

Interaction Menu Lag? Empty Re: Interaction Menu Lag?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Feb 2014, 06:06

littlelionman18 wrote:Hi! So, my game runs fine, all of my mods are up-to-date, I've merged all my package files in categories like hair, clothes, makeup, and whatnot. I keep my mods separated and my skins and sliders separated just for safety and to keep more organized if I need to delete some. Anyways, I've always had a slight lag when it came to clicking on my sim or another sim whether they be in my family or not, and I thought it was because nraas had to load in the menu, but just recently, it's been a lot longer, like ten seconds to load the interactions. Clicking on objects is fine, and the game isn't lagging at all, it's just the interactions. I thought nraas was the root of my issues, so I took out all nraas mods and tried playing the game, and the lag is still there. Also, I go through every time before I play the game and clear out the cache and the featured items and things like that, so I'm at a loss. Help?

Hello,

Try removing any mods which you don't really need or want - that's the first thing. Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game and see if anything improved. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 23:06

Carlos wrote:
littlelionman18 wrote:Hi! So, my game runs fine, all of my mods are up-to-date, I've merged all my package files in categories like hair, clothes, makeup, and whatnot. I keep my mods separated and my skins and sliders separated just for safety and to keep more organized if I need to delete some. Anyways, I've always had a slight lag when it came to clicking on my sim or another sim whether they be in my family or not, and I thought it was because nraas had to load in the menu, but just recently, it's been a lot longer, like ten seconds to load the interactions. Clicking on objects is fine, and the game isn't lagging at all, it's just the interactions. I thought nraas was the root of my issues, so I took out all nraas mods and tried playing the game, and the lag is still there. Also, I go through every time before I play the game and clear out the cache and the featured items and things like that, so I'm at a loss. Help?

Hello,

Try removing any mods which you don't really need or want - that's the first thing. Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game and see if anything improved. Good luck !
I've already done all this, nothing improves. I noticed the lag time wasn't as long as it was before, but it's still five seconds to load the interactions, which makes gameplay difficult when trying to make friends, etc..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Feb 2014, 00:21

littlelionman18 wrote:I've already done all this, nothing improves. I noticed the lag time wasn't as long as it was before, but it's still five seconds to load the interactions, which makes gameplay difficult when trying to make friends, etc..

I'm sorry but there's not much else to suggest. Have a look at this topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

And try all suggestions.

In general, try defragmenting your hard-drive and making space on it. Also, disable your anti-virus software completely before playing The Sims 3.

Also, do you have any other custom content installed ? if so, try removing a few items (or all ?). Maybe your lag is caused by CC too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top