Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED] Empty Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:17

Hello!  cheers 

I did not install the Sims 3 yet but I plan to (with Pets, Seasons and University) but does the game run well if you install .sims3pack stuff ? My sister has a cracked Sims 3 too (from another site, I don't remember which one) but when she tries to install a .sims3pack, the game doesn"t work anymore, it says she needs a CD to run the game even though she has a .exe crack and the "no cd" package from NRaas. Only thing that worked was uninstalling and re-installing the whole game again.  Wat. 
I don't know if this question has already been asked but I couldn't find it.

And does the Create a World tool work as well ? That doesn't work on my sister's game either.
Is there a special thing to do to get these 2 things possible ? Or is the normal installation (this one https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly ) enough ?  Very Happy 
And by the way, if there is an update, do I just download it as if it was a normal game, or is there something "special" to do ?

Sorry for my english if it sounds weird sometimes  silent

Back to top Go down

Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Mar 2014, 17:37

pabouguim wrote:Hello!  cheers 

I did not install the Sims 3 yet but I plan to (with Pets, Seasons and University) but does the game run well if you install .sims3pack stuff ? My sister has a cracked Sims 3 too (from another site, I don't remember which one) but when she tries to install a .sims3pack, the game doesn"t work anymore, it says she needs a CD to run the game even though she has a .exe crack and the "no cd" package from NRaas. Only thing that worked was uninstalling and re-installing the whole game again.  Wat. 
I don't know if this question has already been asked but I couldn't find it.

And does the Create a World tool work as well ? That doesn't work on my sister's game either.
Is there a special thing to do to get these 2 things possible ? Or is the normal installation (this one https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly ) enough ?  Very Happy 
And by the way, if there is an update, do I just download it as if it was a normal game, or is there something "special" to do ?

Sorry for my english if it sounds weird sometimes  silent

Hello,

First of all, I suggest you tell your sister to remove the "NRAAS NoCDmod" again. After that, follow the guide here (especially the steps from #2 to #4): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

You should follow the guide too, of course. Smile

Next, there are so-called "bad custom content" items. They are badly-made items - usually from people who don't have much experience in creating custom content - that can cause your game to crash/freeze/lag. But it doesn't matter if you have a pirated game or a bought one: if you install "bad CC", you will always get problems.

As for the "Create-a-world tool", see this topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7423-download-link-for-the-create-a-world-tool

You always have to make sure to re-download and re-install the LATEST CAW-tool. Often, after a new game update is released, the CAW-tool is updated too. So please read the Admin's opening post in that topic.

I hope this helps you - and if you have any questions feel free to ask again !

P.S. Personally, I don't recommend downloading too many .sims3pack files, which were made by "hobby simmers". Because they tend to cause problems. Instead, use the "official" store content, because they are safe to use. For example, download a few of these items from here: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

If you want to use other CC items, than the store stuff I just mentioned, I recommend you make sure they are in the .package file format. See this guide here. If a CC item in .package file format causes trouble, it can be removed very easily. But if you have a CC item in .sims3pack format that causes issues, it is difficult to remove it again.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Mar 2014, 18:52

Thank you very much! I'm going to tell her :)so CAW will work with it ? She will be so happy with it Very Happy
We found a little program by Delphy, on Mod the Sims, which converts .sims3pack in packages, very useful Smile(some sims3pack are not working though.. They're probably the ones you were talking about)

When there is an update for the game itself, how do you get it ? And does it matter in which order I install the add-ons ?

//EDIT

The download links of step 2 don't work, on the first it says it will take 5 days and then stops loading, the second (mega) : "temporary error, retrying" whether it's Chrome or Explorer. I'll retry tomorrow Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED] Icon_smile

Edit : I tried on 2 computers and none of them downloads it, both links o_o
Is it possible to do step 2 ("re-download and re-apply this manual patch") with Ultimate fix ?
Here (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch) it says "you have to use this manual patch instead of step 11 of the Ultimate Fix" so I guess it's the same thing ?
Edit 2 : It finally worked on another computer Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin (with the direct link, the mega link still says error, is it only me ?)
Edit 3 (yes, again) : My sister's game is patched and even faster than it was before ! And the CAW tool works fine Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin Thank you !!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Mar 2014, 21:42

pabouguim wrote:Thank you very much! I'm going to tell her :)so CAW will work with it ? She will be so happy with it Very Happy
We found a little program by Delphy, on Mod the Sims, which converts .sims3pack in packages, very useful Smile(some sims3pack are not working though.. They're probably the ones you were talking about)

When there is an update for the game itself, how do you get it ? And does it matter in which order I install the add-ons ?

//EDIT

The download links of step 2 don't work, on the first it says it will take 5 days and then stops loading, the second (mega) : "temporary error, retrying" whether it's Chrome or Explorer. I'll retry tomorrow Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED] Icon_smile

Edit : I tried on 2 computers and none of them downloads it, both links o_o
Is it possible to do step 2 ("re-download and re-apply this manual patch") with Ultimate fix ?
Here (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch) it says "you have to use this manual patch instead of step 11 of the Ultimate Fix" so I guess it's the same thing ?
Edit 2 : It finally worked on another computer Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin (with the direct link, the mega link still says error, is it only me ?)
Edit 3 (yes, again) : My sister's game is patched and even faster than it was before ! And the CAW tool works fine Cracked game + sims3pack. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin Thank you !!

Sorry for the delay. But it doesn't matter in which order you install the expansions. And about the patch links, sometimes, you'll have to try again later. And in some cases, you'll have to do some other "tweaking" to get it working, but I won't go into detail now, since you got it working, seemingly.

Is there anything else I can help with ?

P.S. and sometimes, you might even try a different internet browser for downloading the patches.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Mar 2014, 20:26

Thank you! Very Happy I think I have no questions anymore ^^ I will start downloading when I get home  drunken 
Hoping it won't ruin my school and social life .. joking. I will now try to be a responsible human being. Haha.

Mod edit: if you have any other question(s), feel free to open a new topic on here. This is closed now. Have fun ! Very Happy 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top