Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to decrapify a .sims3pack file and avoid the "please update the game launcher" error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to decrapify a .sims3pack file and avoid the "please update the game launcher" error. Empty How to decrapify a .sims3pack file and avoid the "please update the game launcher" error.

Post by Guest Sun 02 Mar 2014, 01:47

Hey Guys ,I Followed every steps ..But when it comes installing the sims3pack file ,it always says that I need to update my game in order for me to install the content ..
What Should I do then ?? Help

Moderator edit: I've split your post. Do NOT post again in the "Sims (3) tips & tricks" section; problems do NOT belong there.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

How to decrapify a .sims3pack file and avoid the "please update the game launcher" error. Empty Re: How to decrapify a .sims3pack file and avoid the "please update the game launcher" error.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Mar 2014, 18:32

jhayhan143 wrote:Hey Guys ,I Followed every steps ..But when it comes installing the sims3pack file ,it always says that I need to update my game in order for me to install the content ..
What Should I do then ?? Help

Hello,

Try the solution posted here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5933-how-to-decrapify-a-sims3pack-file-and-avoid-the-please-update-game-launcher-error

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

How to decrapify a .sims3pack file and avoid the "please update the game launcher" error. Empty Re: How to decrapify a .sims3pack file and avoid the "please update the game launcher" error.

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 11:51

Ok ..
I Cannot decrapify this file I got from the exchange ..
Even if I did all the things from the manual ..still Software error pop up.

This is the link to the file (might help ):

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/7785535.Sims3Pack

//EDIT

If you manage to decrapify that file please let me know ..
wanting that file for ages  ...

Mod edit: topics split and merged. 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 31 Mar 2014, 19:35

Well, sadly I haven't been able to get it to work at all either. So I'm sorry to say, but you might just not be able to use that lot. You could always try to recreate it though.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Apr 2014, 05:04

Adding to what invalidusername said, if an item/lot from the exchange is so "difficult" to install, you might as well just forget about it. Most likely, even if you managed to install that somehow, you will get issues with that item/lot, sooner or later.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 22:36

Hello, I downloaded sims 3 base game, ambitions and supernatural eps from torrent. And I'm playing them without any problem almost one week. However i wanted to install midnight hollow and downloaded it from this website but i received midnighthollow.sims3pack: requires a software update. then i did everything written on guides at this website including decrapifying it and the thing about creating a mod file but still im receiving the same error. Im trying to fix this for last 2 days but nothing happened. I'll be so glad if someone can help to me.

Thanks a lot:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Apr 2014, 20:01

Please open your own topic, so we can help you better.
Your problem might come from other causes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top