Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - Service Initialization Failure

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization Failure Empty Unable to start game - Service Initialization Failure

Post by Guest Fri 04 Apr 2014, 16:29

Firstly, I'm new here, so hello! I hate that this has to be the first post I make =(

However, I'll do my best to explain my problem, and hopefully I can get some help without having to completely uninstall, and re-download all the games again (I deleted them, thinking I had this install thing down pat! ouch mistake  Facepalm )

I installed Sims 3 as well as ALL expansions, and stuff packs. I've gone through the forums several times, as well to hopefully find a fix for this - but I didn't see the error numbers I've received in the couple of service failure posts that are up.

I followed the (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) post to the very specific detail.

Mind you, I've used this before, and I've had no problem before, so I think this time it definitely is my mess up. =(

Last night, I was so pumped to get all the games installed. Island Paradise was my last final install, and I accidentally did put the crack on for it. And then attempted to use the method in above link, which was a boner move on my behalf.

I should also point out that I originally had Sims 3 installed on my partitioned drive, and moved it to the main program files (yes, moved it); when I got this error the first time, I completely uninstalled (but did not clean registry or restart) the game, because I thought I had messed something up by just moving the game. And after reinstalling a fresh base game (I didn't uninstall the expansions, just the base game to try and reset what I did)

So I'm hoping I didn't make too much of a mess, I included a picture directly from the screenshot taken when I try to open the game from the TS3W file in the base game file. 

Hopefully you guys can help!

(edit: I can't post the image yet!)
The error I get reads exactly as this:

Unable to start game
Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Last edited by succexor on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 16:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the image!)

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization Failure Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service Initialization Failure

Post by invalidusername Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:34

I actually think the base of this issue is likely the fact that you moved the base game. Even with reinstalling it, the expansions and everything else are all going to be looking at the original location for finding the data needed. I'm not sure what you could do short of a full uninstall and reinstall, but somebody else may have another idea.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization Failure Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service Initialization Failure

Post by Guest Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:59

I've just decided I'll have no choice but to re-download, and install the game all over again, in the right place this time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 05 Apr 2014, 01:04

Ok. Let us know if you have any other problems or questions. We'll leave this topic open for you just in case. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top