Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - service initialization failure

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - service initialization failure Empty Unable to start game - service initialization failure

Post by Guest Fri 09 Mar 2012, 07:07

0x024e424f

I got the base game to work. Then went on to Generation. First I updated the base with the manual patch 1.31 which I found on this site (because Generation needed a more updated game to work...). Then after installing Generation and replacing the application and the TSLhost.ddl from the Generation crack folder, did I get this error. And now the base game no longer starts.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - service initialization failure Empty Re: Unable to start game - service initialization failure

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 09 Mar 2012, 16:20

Hello,
You need the fix, the Generations crack is incompatible with your current game version.
However, when you apply it, only apply step 13 since your game is already at version 1.31 and applying the entire fix is unneeded.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - service initialization failure Empty Re: Unable to start game - service initialization failure

Post by Guest Fri 09 Mar 2012, 22:08

Hi Lady ElDi, I tried doing what you suggested (#13), and it did not work. However, I then replaced the crack from #13 with the crack from #10. And lo and behold, it worked. Lol.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'll be trying to install other expansions (i.e. Late Night) tonight on top of my generation and will see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Edit: Oh spoke too soon. As soon as it finished loading, it said No Disk found. What should I do now?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 09 Mar 2012, 22:13

Hello,
The no disc error came up because the file at #10 isn't a crack, only the one at #13 is.
Are you sure your base is not 1.32? That particular Service initialization failure code is caused by an incompatible crack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Mar 2012, 22:16

Wow very fast response. Haha, spoke too soon again. I just replaced the crack from #10 with the crack from #13. And lo and behold, this time it worked! No more 'no disc' error. I guess you have to do it chronologically or it'll mess up. Well, hurrah.

Thanks.

Edit: Oh quick (dumb) question, can we make user accounts on the sims game with the 'generated' cd keys? I want to download some houses that people created online.

And just to verify, for Late Night, I don't need to do any replacing with the crack right? So the crack from #13 is good, yeah?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 09 Mar 2012, 23:10

Hello,

No, the generated codes are only there to bypass the launcher and therefore are NOT original codes. You can not use them to register your game, unfortunately. But, there are ways to bypass the Exchange: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2014-how-to-download-things-from-sims-3-the-exchange-no-registration-needed
And all (monthly updated) Store Updates and other cool stuff can be found on our MediaFire account here: http://goo.gl/g9dhH

Yes, you need the most recent crack from the Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 08:40

Do I need to install World Adventures, Ambition, etc., for Night Life? Because in the instructions it says I need them.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 10 Mar 2012, 13:00

Hello,
No you can start installing Late Night without the need to do anything out of the ordinary at this point. But don't apply any of the cracks that come with your expansions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top