Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

See Error Log failure

View previous topic View next topic Go down

See Error Log failure Empty See Error Log failure

Post by Guest Thu 01 May 2014, 02:35

I cannot start The Sims 3 launcher at all--I continue to get a See Error Log failure even after following the instructions in the thread on the same error here. I have no expansions that are uninstalled or not installed at all. I used the Ultimate Fix and followed steps 2-4 in the installation instructions more than once, trying and trying to get the game to work. I am so confused as to where I went wrong and desperately need help for this. I'm running Windows 7, x64, 4gb RAM, tried the 4gb fix too.

Back to top Go down

See Error Log failure Empty Re: See Error Log failure

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 03 May 2014, 18:21

LordBlumiere wrote:I cannot start The Sims 3 launcher at all--I continue to get a See Error Log failure even after following the instructions in the thread on the same error here. I have no expansions that are uninstalled or not installed at all. I used the Ultimate Fix and followed steps 2-4 in the installation instructions more than once, trying and trying to get the game to work. I am so confused as to where I went wrong and desperately need help for this. I'm running Windows 7, x64, 4gb RAM, tried the 4gb fix too.

Hello,

Unfortunately, from a technical point-of-view, there aren't many other explanations left then. Experience usually tells me that in these (and similar) cases, something has been done wrong. At first, please check the video in the first post here again:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix

Make sure you actually look in the right location, so if you have a 64-bit Windows, that's HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Sims.

Next, re-do these steps from #2 to #4, exactly as described. Please make sure that you actually OVERWRITE the existing files, when you paste the two files from the #crack-folder of the Ultimate fix, to the base game location (choose "copy and replace" for all files, when prompted).

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top