Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0 - Page 2 Empty The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:40

First topic message reminder :

I recently installed the newest patch for the Sims Medieval and I already had the Ultimate Fix in it so I downloaded the patch and it crashes. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, I didnt use the fix the second time, and it still crashed. Im guessing there will have to be a new update for 2.0? I was just wondering if I was being stupid, or this is something already being fixed..

Admin edit: Ah, let's make this a sticky to keep it easy to find. Smile

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 21:52

IrateImmitation wrote:Thank you Admin, really. For not giving up. Brings sweet tears of joy to my eyes. :"D

I agree! Thank you!

I love you

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 22:27

Yea really be patient guys. Its a lot of work to do this kind of stuff and were lucky to have someone that will! Thank you Admin. I tried the latest too and nothings changed yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 22:33

Lol we are being patient, no one's complained yet, right? Wink

Not to mention all the other problems other users are having with different things that the Admin also has to get to. So much work, so little Admin. ;_;

The good thing is I at least have my Sims 3 ready to be dusted off, and that should keep me occupied until someone dies.

...In my Sims game, anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 22:44

Haha yes. Thats what Ive been doing. Sims 3 fun Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 06 Aug 2011, 23:26

Hi there all,

I've added a temporary Fix. Please let me know the result: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Aug 2011, 23:57

I'm a wee bit confused.
I've dragged the mdx file to my Desktop, and have chosen to mount it to my virtual drive with Daemon tools light.
It then takes me to a Sims Medieval bin foldter, and I have no clue what to do from there.
If I click anything, a message appears telling me quote "This file directory is corrupted or unavailable."
Was I supposed to uninstall and reinstall my Medieval game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 06 Aug 2011, 23:58

IrateImmitation wrote:I'm a wee bit confused.
I've dragged the mdx file to my Desktop, and have chosen to mount it to my virtual drive with Daemon tools light.
It then takes me to a Sims Medieval bin foldter, and I have no clue what to do from there.
If I click anything, a message appears telling me quote "This file directory is corrupted or unavailable."
Was I supposed to uninstall and reinstall my Medieval game?
Hello,

No, you can close the window that automatically shows up. Then, start the game and see if it works.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 00:03

My game still killed itself at the loading screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 07 Aug 2011, 00:05

IrateImmitation wrote:My game still killed itself at the loading screen.
Facepalm

//EDIT

Please try to run in Windowed Mode, because I ran it in Windowed Mode too and it worked fine for me.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 00:23

Mad Mad Mad Mad
What is life?

It killed itself again. I'm starting to think I'm failing at mounting.
I mounted the file to the drives DT - 0, DT - 1, and SCSI - 0 (Letters I, J, and K respectively) They're the only drivers available to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 07 Aug 2011, 00:32

IrateImmitation wrote: Mad Mad Mad Mad
What is life?

It killed itself again. I'm starting to think I'm failing at mounting.
I mounted the file to the drives DT - 0, DT - 1, and SCSI - 0 (Letters I, J, and K respectively) They're the only drivers available to me.
Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox. I'll try to solve the problem for you via TeamViewer, if you don't mind.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 02:53

LEVEL UUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for assisting me over Team Viewer!! It works perfectly now.
Suuuuuuch happiness!!!!
MARRY ME NOW. 8D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 04:28

Im not sure if Im doing that right either.. :/ I read the mount thing and all that, and Ive done it before with other games..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 08:07

I don't think there are any special instructions or steps is there? just mount it and go right?

The instructions don't speak of anything special and I am getting the crash after load issue as well...
tinkering with it to see if I can get anywhere.

Alright based on what I did with tinkering around it seems that old saves are the culprit. I couldn't get it to work at all...I uninstalled the game + game stuff under my documents + all registry entries

Reinstalled and updated to 2.0.133, it worked

replaced my save game and it didn't work.

Removed the saves and it worked again.

Anyone having issues may wish to try removing there saves from the C:\Users"Username"\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves folder

Keep in mind that when you uninstall the game the saves and everything in the my documents folder is NOT removed so you have to do this manually
Now my issue is that it gets stuck on the CAS loading screen....so its not really a fix...just gets it past the initial load screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 09:33

Same as Duddy, the mounting process didn't seem to complicated but I'm not sure how to run it in windowed mode without being able to get into the options. (silly me) In full screen, it crashes after the loading screen still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:24

Windowed and Full Screen seem to make no difference to me...but if you want to adjust settings without going in game you can go to your My Documents folder and open the Options.ini file in notepad

it will say "Fullscreen = 1"
change it to 0

you can also delete this file and when the Sims Medieval starts back up it will recreate it with default settings

For some reason it seems to be the Sims themselves that are causing issue not just the CAS because it doesn't even show the pre made Sims faced by there names in initial selection screen

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 07 Aug 2011, 13:23

IrateImmitation wrote:LEVEL UUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for assisting me over Team Viewer!! It works perfectly now.
Suuuuuuch happiness!!!!
MARRY ME NOW. 8D
Hi there,

Haha, I'm glad it works now. Now let's marr...- *Looks at age* - Ah, nevermind. Facepalm

xODuddyOx wrote:Im not sure if Im doing that right either.. WhatDidUJustCallMe? I read the mount thing and all that, and Ive done it before with other games..

Masochist wrote:Windowed and Full Screen seem to make no difference to me...but if you want to adjust settings without going in game you can go to your My Documents folder and open the Options.ini file in notepad

it will say "Fullscreen = 1"
change it to 0

you can also delete this file and when the Sims Medieval starts back up it will recreate it with default settings

For some reason it seems to be the Sims themselves that are causing issue not just the CAS because it doesn't even show the pre made Sims faced by there names in initial selection screen
Hello,

Please try to backup/remove your savegames and then run the game, while the image is mounted. Besides, DON'T FORGET to do the Fix again from step 1! (So putting back the original files!)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 16:59

my game is crashing after start up too.It started doing this after i updated it. it says it is crashing cause of dep, so when i went to turn it off it says it cant be turned off for this game. so is this the reason it is crashing. If so or not can you help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 07 Aug 2011, 17:12

Osirisboi wrote:my game is crashing after start up too.It started doing this after i updated it. it says it is crashing cause of dep, so when i went to turn it off it says it cant be turned off for this game. so is this the reason it is crashing. If so or not can you help?
Hello,

Please try turning off your DEP completely. (So not adding anything to the exception list, just turn it off completely)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 18:13

D8 darn my age!!
FOREVER ALOOOOONE.

oh and guys, if it continues to crash you should reinstall and re-update your game. That's what Admin had to do to get mine to work. Razz

Admin edit: Foreveralone

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 21:49

Alright well I got it working on mine now...I think I was accidentally moving to many files around and subsequently adding the crack after the patch...prolly should avoid doing all that when I am so tired >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 07 Aug 2011, 21:53

Masochist wrote:Alright well I got it working on mine now...I think I was accidentally moving to many files around and subsequently adding the crack after the patch...prolly should avoid doing all that when I am so tired >.>
Hi there,

Haha, I guess you had a FUU! -moment when you finally found out that you were doing it all wrong.
Anyhow, I'm glad it works for you now. Please let us know if you have any more problems in the future and be sure to join THIS group, if you want to stay up-to-date about new versions of the Fixes being released!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 23:15

Ok, how do i turn it off then? There is no option to turn it off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 07 Aug 2011, 23:23

Osirisboi wrote:Ok, how do i turn it off then? There is no option to turn it off.
Hello,

Here you go: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+turn+off+DEP
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 00:03

lol yes it was very much so one of those moments. Thanks for the welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 01:55

Got the mount to work. All is well. Thank you. Very Happy

//EDIT

And I sincerely mean THANK YOU! ♥️

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 08 Aug 2011, 02:29

xODuddyOx wrote:Got the mount to work. All is well. Thank you. Very Happy

//EDIT

And I sincerely mean THANK YOU! ♥️
Hi there,

I'm glad it works now! Please let me know if you have any more problems and keep an eye on the Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top