Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0 - Page 3 Empty The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 12:40

First topic message reminder :

I recently installed the newest patch for the Sims Medieval and I already had the Ultimate Fix in it so I downloaded the patch and it crashes. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, I didnt use the fix the second time, and it still crashed. Im guessing there will have to be a new update for 2.0? I was just wondering if I was being stupid, or this is something already being fixed..

Admin edit: Ah, let's make this a sticky to keep it easy to find. Smile

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 01:55

Got the mount to work. All is well. Thank you. Very Happy

//EDIT

And I sincerely mean THANK YOU! ♥️

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0

Post by Admin Mon 08 Aug 2011, 02:29

xODuddyOx wrote:Got the mount to work. All is well. Thank you. Very Happy

//EDIT

And I sincerely mean THANK YOU! ♥️
Hi there,

I'm glad it works now! Please let me know if you have any more problems and keep an eye on the Fix.

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 09:26

MINE WORKS TOO <3
thank you so much, I had to reinstall the game and ended up just starting over for ease, but it was worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:17

I guess I'll wait with updating till the fix is all it needs Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 04:02

Hello all. Here are my experiences.
I updated to the newest version (V2) and used the newest crack.
Game loads and then crashes after the load bar to the desktop.
When I delete the save game files and all associated previous game files in the documents folder, the game will then load and works perfectly.
I am VERY hesitant to start over again, as I have invested so much time.
Is there a fix to continue using our old save files in the "Documents" folder in the newest version?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 10 Aug 2011, 18:48

Bliss1991 wrote:I guess I'll wait with updating till the fix is all it needs Razz
Hello,

It works fine now. You just have to mount an image every time you want to play. (Or just keep it mounted)

spoiler16 wrote:Hello all. Here are my experiences.
I updated to the newest version (V2) and used the newest crack.
Game loads and then crashes after the load bar to the desktop.
When I delete the save game files and all associated previous game files in the documents folder, the game will then load and works perfectly.
I am VERY hesitant to start over again, as I have invested so much time.
Is there a fix to continue using our old save files in the "Documents" folder in the newest version?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!
Hmmm... what if you put them back now? Also, do you have any Mods?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:43

Thanks for the reply,

No Mods.

When I put back the saved games the game loads the entire load screen bar, then crashes to the desktop. If they are removed the game works fine.

Can anyone confirm they can update to 2.0 and use their previous progress in the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 10 Aug 2011, 19:55

Hi there all,

I'm now testing a new crack for v2.0.113 . If you're in this group: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/g8-the-sims-3-fans , you'll automatically receive and e-mail when the new version of the Fix is tested and ready for download!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2011, 21:33

spoiler16 wrote:Thanks for the reply,

No Mods.

When I put back the saved games the game loads the entire load screen bar, then crashes to the desktop. If they are removed the game works fine.

Can anyone confirm they can update to 2.0 and use their previous progress in the game?

I can confirm it. I had taken the saves out and all that Jazz THEN reinstalled it (and actually did the install properly lol)

what I did to make it work was simply take out the saves ==> install and update ==> tested the game by starting it all the way up to the CAS screen (IE start a new game and go all the way up to creating a Sim) ==> put the saves and associated files (4 in all) back into the saves folder.

Perhaps try the underlined step...sometimes with games they don't fully register and work proper until they have been run at least one time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 10 Aug 2011, 22:10

Hi everyone,

The Ultimate Fix has been updated. Check it out here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t916-the-sims-medieval-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Please let me know the results here or open a new topic for it. Good luck and have fun!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 01:08

I did a brand new download of the game today (about 30 mins ago) and applied the new V2.0.113 of the ultimate fix, but it hangs at the create a sim screen, its still there as I type this, I can hear the music!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 02:38

Followed all instructions. Clean install and update. Hangs at Create a Sims loading screen as stated above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Aug 2011, 13:29

Hi there,

Don't you guys have previous savegames you could use?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 15:23

Once the game is updated to V2 the previous games are converted to V2 format. They will not work with a previous version. If they were backed up prior to upgrading then they would work in V1 (which I didn't do).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 17:01

mmm... my game isn't working too. it stops into an apparent infinite loading every time I try to create a new sim. I hate the music of create a sim, now. ahahah. as other users I tried to uninstall and reinstall, following the instructions step by step, except for the first step ('cause I cant load the website and make a download your release. I've tried to open with firefox and explorer, but I don't know why I can't do it. argh!!!) Is it a basic step? how can I get your release if I can't open the site?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 18:08

used the newest fix - still doesn't work after the create a sim page

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 18:45

So the new updated fix still doesnt work?

Ill just stick with the temporary fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Aug 2011, 22:37

GeeSim wrote:mmm... my game isn't working too. it stops into an apparent infinite loading every time I try to create a new sim. I hate the music of create a sim, now. ahahah. as other users I tried to uninstall and reinstall, following the instructions step by step, except for the first step ('cause I cant load the website and make a download your release. I've tried to open with firefox and explorer, but I don't know why I can't do it. argh!!!) Is it a basic step? how can I get your release if I can't open the site?
Hello,

It sometimes is unreachable due to overload of the server.
You can also download from www.thepiratebay.org/user/games4theworld
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2011, 22:54

thank you! I'd read about the server problem but... I didn't fully understand. The Sims Medieval Crashes after Update 2.0 - Page 3 2279017149 ahahah! I REALLY need more english practice! Embarassed
But then I tried several times to load the site, until I've made it!! now it'only a problem of time (due to my internet speed...)
meanwhile I'll wander around on the forum Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 00:17

I've been scratching my head all day trying to make this work. My problem is that when I decide to do something, I don't stop until it works, which can be very detrimental to my mental health. Very Happy This thing has been driving me crazy!

First of all, thank you for even offering us the downloads and fixes and what not. I guess I should be angry at EA for coming out with such a buggy game. Ridiculous.

After applying the ultimate fix, my game still doesn't work.

The original game works fine, but obviously I want the patch, as it is awesome.
After initially patching the game, I did not realize there would be anything wrong.
Once attempting to play the patched game, I had the following issues:

-"Options" screen flicked on for a millisecond, then disappeared.
-My castle is invisible.
-Can not choose monarch. Choosing a pre-made monarch sends the game into some kind of loading loop. Some message seems to flicker on for a millisecond (I guess it's supposed to say "Loading") but nothing happens.
-Can not enter Create-a-Sim, results in infinite loop.
-Can not exit (nothing happens), have to turn off process manually.

These are the problems that are caused by the actual patch itself.
I applied the ultimate fix, and here's what happens:

-I can open the "Options" screen. However, the options are all at "0" it seems. Sound is all off (not muted, just all the way to the left), but I can hear sound. Free will is "off". I can change the settings, but they revert back after I click ok.
-Every other thing that didn't work before the fix, doesn't work now either. So basically the Options menu works now, but the settings can't be changed, and nothing else works. Very odd.

I also had the hardware warning happen to me once, when I initially started the game (after applying the ultimate fix).
I have re-installed about... five times now? I have played around with "compatibility" (I have Windows 7), I have deleted the cache, I have copied and pasted and restarted and googled and done everything I can. It seems like it will not work for me. What a shame, as this game is really good.

I am very disappoint Sad (Borat reference... this one's for you, Admin Very Happy)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 12 Aug 2011, 00:36

Svoboda wrote:I've been scratching my head all day trying to make this work. My problem is that when I decide to do something, I don't stop until it works, which can be very detrimental to my mental health. Very Happy This thing has been driving me crazy!

First of all, thank you for even offering us the downloads and fixes and what not. I guess I should be angry at EA for coming out with such a buggy game. Ridiculous.

After applying the ultimate fix, my game still doesn't work.

The original game works fine, but obviously I want the patch, as it is awesome.
After initially patching the game, I did not realize there would be anything wrong.
Once attempting to play the patched game, I had the following issues:

-"Options" screen flicked on for a millisecond, then disappeared.
-My castle is invisible.
-Can not choose monarch. Choosing a pre-made monarch sends the game into some kind of loading loop. Some message seems to flicker on for a millisecond (I guess it's supposed to say "Loading") but nothing happens.
-Can not enter Create-a-Sim, results in infinite loop.
-Can not exit (nothing happens), have to turn off process manually.

These are the problems that are caused by the actual patch itself.
I applied the ultimate fix, and here's what happens:

-I can open the "Options" screen. However, the options are all at "0" it seems. Sound is all off (not muted, just all the way to the left), but I can hear sound. Free will is "off". I can change the settings, but they revert back after I click ok.
-Every other thing that didn't work before the fix, doesn't work now either. So basically the Options menu works now, but the settings can't be changed, and nothing else works. Very odd.

I also had the hardware warning happen to me once, when I initially started the game (after applying the ultimate fix).
I have re-installed about... five times now? I have played around with "compatibility" (I have Windows 7), I have deleted the cache, I have copied and pasted and restarted and googled and done everything I can. It seems like it will not work for me. What a shame, as this game is really good.

I am very disappoint Sad (Borat reference... this one's for you, Admin Very Happy)
Hello,

Ah, sounds pretty messed up. What is your game version at the moment?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 00:41

Admin wrote:Ah, sounds pretty messed up. What is your game version at the moment?
It was the latest one, 2.0.113. I think (I uninstalled it just a minute ago). Sorry, is that what you meant? *confused*

By the way, my post wasn't so much to complain, just to let others know that I am having the same problems as they are, and explain a little bit more in-depth, in case you guys would find any of that info valuable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 00:49

A lot of hard work is going into getting this to work. Clearly there are still serious issues with the most recent fix. I don't mind at all using V1, however I'm stuck with saves from V2 and can't revert them back : ( . Weeks of work went into them. Keep up the hard fight....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 02:39

Well, I just wanted to inform everyone that I am incredibly dumb.
When I saw this:

10-08-2011: Fix is now working with The Sims: Medieval version 2.0.113 (Fixed version)
6-08-2011: Temporary Fix added. (For any version)

I assumed the temporary fix did not work with the newest patch, since it was posted before the newest fixed version. I tried to use the temporary fix, after the ultimate fix did not work - however, I did not re-install the game and try from scratch.

Well, I just uninstalled and re-installed, updated to the newest patch, using the temporary fix as a last resort... and it works! Well, it's working well so far. I have none of the problems I previously mentioned. I can't believe I was so stupid.

I don't really understand what is so temporary about this though, as I have no problems mounting before playing a game, and do not mind having to do so every time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 03:18

Ok so I finally get my saved games to work.
I backed up my Documents Sims Medieval folder.
Uninstalled everything.
Followed the instructions from the Temporary Fix word for word.
Mounted and started the game.
Played through Create a Sim. It loaded right away successfully.
Pasted my previous saved game backup folder in.
Everything works great.
So use the temporary fix...it works for version 2.
Thanks!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 16:59

thanks admin for making temp fix and thanks everyone else for pointing it out again. i uninstalled and reinstalled using only temp fix and it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 12 Aug 2011, 20:52

Hello everyone,

I just added the "Temporary" Fix for permanent use. It works with all versions anyway.
I'll look into fixing the original Fix. If you're in this group: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/g8-the-sims-3-fans , you'll automatically receive an e-mail when a new version of the Fix is available.

For now, have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top