Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service initialization error and disc check error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service initialization error and disc check error.  Empty Service initialization error and disc check error.

Post by Guest Wed 14 May 2014, 21:25

Hi everyone, new here. Got some problems when trying to play my legit copy of TS3 with these expansions obtained from games4theworld:

University Life
Ambitions 
Fast Lane
Generations
High-End
Late Night
Master Suite
Outdoor Living
Pets
Seasons
Showtime
Supernatural 
Town Life 
and World Adventures.

Anyhow, I'll explain the problems I'm having with my game in these steps.

1. I decide to play the game after I stopped playing it in July of last year. This was a month ago I played the game. Everything was fine.

2. I decide to play the game again. Game loads up fine, I get to the main menu and I get a notice saying my version of awesomemod has expired and that I need to download the newest version. Okay. I don't know why I you expire every damn month, but I've done this before and I'll do it again.

3. I correctly installed awesomemod again, including the updated framework. I go to boot up the game, and before it started it recommended I update the game to 1.67 as awesomemod was on that version. I ignored it, and was promptly greeted with a CTD when it loaded. Fine, I'll update you. I use the EA game starter and download the update. 

4. Trouble begins. The update finishes, and when I try to launch it through the EA starter, it says "No disc inserted. Please insert University Life disc and try again". Alright, off to the forums I go. I did some research and all the advice I found pointed to the correct installation thread for TS3. I do the steps like it said to, and I mean said to, as I watched the ultimate fix video and the problem still remains. Still asks for a disc. Attempting to start the game through TS3W in my Game/Bin folder leads to this error. "Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)"

5. So that's where I'm at now. I've tried doing those same 4 steps over several times to no avail. If anyone game help my jumbled mess of a game I'd be grateful.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top