Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service Initialization Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service Initialization Error Empty Service Initialization Error

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 02:06

I have quite frankly hit the limit with this. I am unable to get my laptop to run any of the Sims 3 games, even the base game. This is what happened:

I went and got an arred copy of Sims 3 Supernatural. Prior to that, my games were working just fine. I tried to install it, but it kept complaining that I had to update first. When I did a manual patch, it still wouldn't work. I got very frustrated and never did find a fix for that.

However, when I was visiting a friend, they revealed they had an arred copy of Sims 3 Blackbox. It had stuff packs and other expansions I didn't have, so I (foolishly) switched out the whole thing, not realizing that it wasn't done properly. Meaning I couldn't update nor add in Sims 3 Supernatural.

Frustrated, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it, using Games4theworld's version of Sims 3 Supernatural. Still wasn't working, receiving the same error.

I googled up a few solutions, tried to clean out the registry, even went as far as to use CCleaner and reinstalled. Still same error.

I uninstalled and did everything again, finding the fix that Games4theworld had. Still had the exact same error.

I've tried all the various fixes I could find. I followed those steps precisely... and still isn't work. The vast majority of my games are legitimate copies, with perhaps only three (well, four now with Supernatural) being arred copies. I never, ever had this problem until now.

Help?

Oh, the error: Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Back to top Go down

Service Initialization Error Empty Re: Service Initialization Error

Post by Admin Mon 10 Sep 2012, 18:30

Hello,

Don't worry, we'll fix this issue for you.
Do you get an (different) error when you try to launch via the game's launcher?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 03:07

No. It's the same one. :/ Just keeps throwing that error at me every time I try game launcher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 04:17

I am having this exact problem. I had a copy of Sims 3 Blackbox, which I couldn't update to get Supernatural. I uninstalled and deleted everything Blackbox, then started over with your files.
Installation on everything went perfect, including the patch and Supernatural.
Now, everytime I load the launcher it opens and says "There was an error during startup, please see the log." Then closes. Or, if I try to open it without the launcher I get the "Service initialization failed". I did notice when the launcher opens, the version says "0.0.0.0".

Edited to add: Its happening with the update. I reinstalled everything except Supernatural and it was working fine until the update. Im not sure what Im doing wrong. I followed all the directions with the fix perfectly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 10:10

HAD THE SAME ISSUE!!!

Just uninstall all of your Sims 3 stuff and install the original Sims 3 disc from the Games4TheWorld Piratebay page. You will find a 1.38 updater in the supernatural download you mentioned earlier, located under /support/updates. Run it. When it is done, try opening the launcher and running the game to let it generate some options files and stuff. Then, install your EPs and then your SPs.

When they are done, as long as you have the Supernatural disc, you're good to go! Hope this helps!

If you wanna crack your game, just download the ultimate fix, back up your ts3w.exe and tslhost.dll files from /game/bin, and put the ones from #crack/ in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 13 Sep 2012, 18:43

Kythsharra wrote:No. It's the same one. :/ Just keeps throwing that error at me every time I try game launcher.
Hello,

Did you actually use a BlackBox edition or any other kind of modified installer?

xokasie. wrote:I am having this exact problem. I had a copy of Sims 3 Blackbox, which I couldn't update to get Supernatural. I uninstalled and deleted everything Blackbox, then started over with your files.
Installation on everything went perfect, including the patch and Supernatural.
Now, everytime I load the launcher it opens and says "There was an error during startup, please see the log." Then closes. Or, if I try to open it without the launcher I get the "Service initialization failed". I did notice when the launcher opens, the version says "0.0.0.0".

Edited to add: Its happening with the update. I reinstalled everything except Supernatural and it was working fine until the update. Im not sure what Im doing wrong. I followed all the directions with the fix perfectly.
Please open your own topic. That makes it easier for us to provide help and to track progress.

leviathan1993 wrote:HAD THE SAME ISSUE!!!

Just uninstall all of your Sims 3 stuff and install the original Sims 3 disc from the Games4TheWorld Piratebay page. You will find a 1.38 updater in the supernatural download you mentioned earlier, located under /support/updates. Run it. When it is done, try opening the launcher and running the game to let it generate some options files and stuff. Then, install your EPs and then your SPs.

When they are done, as long as you have the Supernatural disc, you're good to go! Hope this helps!

If you wanna crack your game, just download the ultimate fix, back up your ts3w.exe and tslhost.dll files from /game/bin, and put the ones from #crack/ in!
Service Initialization Error 1558443509
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2012, 23:25

Hi. Sorry for the lateness. I had originally my own games, plus a couple of arred copies. Base game is owned and purchased, plus a goodly number. The only ones that are arred are: Pets, Town Life Stuff, and Supernatural.

However, I want to say I did manage to fix the issues.

This is what I've figured out. I (stupidly) uninstalled my copies and used a blackbox copy. Big, big mistake for me.

When I realized the blackbox was causing the issues, I uninstalled it. I actually had to go into the registry three times and delete all the stuff blackbox put in. This is what I did to fix it:

I first made a back-up of the registry, then went in and used the 'find' feature to look for Sims 3. Each and every one I found, I deleted (this is after I uninstalled blackbox edition of Sims 3). Then I ran CCleaner.

Then I restarted the computer. Went BACK to registry and searched it again. Lo and behold, blackbox was sneaky and somehow put it all back in there. So I deleted it... again. Ran CCleaner just to play it safe.

I had to restart it twice before it stopped putting the blackbox registry in there.

Then I installed everything, my copies of the games, everything in order, and used Games4theworld's copy of Supernatural.

Everything ran fine.

The game launches, no service error.... but now mods don't work. Help? What did I miss?

(Prior to messing up my games, stupidly, mods worked. So I know how/where to install them... just don't know why it's not working now.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep 2012, 13:46

Did you remember to put in the Mods Folders with Framework?
You can find it in modthesims.info/wiki.php?
under title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Just copy the red linies and paste and you'll get there.
I can't link to other pages yet.

The Mods could be outdated, so you need to check the modders page for an update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep 2012, 23:20

Yes. I've already done that. All mods are up-to-date and the Framework is in place. I honestly don't know why it isn't working, but it's clear they're not. Or rather, the game just isn't recognizing them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2012, 02:11

But where did you get the Framework from?
'cause I had a problem like that and found out that the Framework from MATY didn't do for me or my MODs and the only work working for me, was the one from ModTheSims and I removed the Nosparkling thingy and the other one, that came along with their Framework.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2012, 05:19

I always get it from Mod the Sims. I rarely ever bother with any other mod website.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 27 Sep 2012, 22:07

Hello,

For future reference, you can find the Games4theworld version here: http://goo.gl/4wOL6

And where did you put your Mods exactly?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2012, 22:45

Exactly where your instructions say. But I don't get that pop up anymore that the game notifies you that you have mods. It's been like this ever since I reinstalled the game.

So I'm not sure what happened. Or what I did to wreck it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 29 Sep 2012, 18:54

Hello,

It doesn't modify you of Mods, only CC, if I'm not mistaken.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 23:25

Okay. But my mods and CCs are not working, despite Framework. Any ideas what I should do?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 30 Sep 2012, 10:13

Hello,

Where did you put the framework? Can you show a screenshot of the folder's path?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)