Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Guest Fri 30 May 2014, 21:26

I've been slowly installing the Sims 3 and all expansion packs over the last few days, testing them as I go, and I've gotten to Town Life Stuff, and now the game won't start.
It's worked fine for all the expansion packs previous to this (I've been torrenting in order of release date), but it's only failed at this expansion pack.
At first, an error appeared on the launcher screen saying that there was no disc inserted, but I got past this by getting the Ultimate Fix and applying cracks into the base game.
So it gets just past the launcher, to the Sims logo splash screen, then crashes, with error: service initialization failed (0x024e424f)
And when I click 'ok', it then comes up with another error: unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0058dbf6.  Do you wish to debug this?
It doesn't matter if I answer that with 'yes' or 'no', the game just closes.
Please help :c

Back to top Go down

service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Re: service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Phoebe Sat 31 May 2014, 11:15

Hello,

Please update your game with manual update again and apply Ultimate Fix again and let me know the result.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Re: service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Guest Sat 31 May 2014, 11:42

I've just done what you asked, and now it works fine Very Happy Thanks for the fix ^^

Quick question, I looked through the forums, and saw that there might also be a similar problem with Pets, which is the next expansion that I need to download.  Would it be easier to install all of the expansion packs that I have left to install, and then re-apply the manual patch and Ultimate fix before playing them?  Is there a problem with applying the manual patch + fix several times or does it not matter how many times I have to use it?
This is my first time torrenting a game this big with several expansions on Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 31 May 2014, 19:57

Hello,

It's always goor patch your game right after installing the base game, install every expansion you want then patch your game again, apply Ultimate Fix. And voila!

As you said, certain expansion packs like Pets or Town Life Stuff requires the latest patch for problem free installation.

Also, you don't need to check your game apply patch and Ultimate Fix right after every expansion packs. Just install every expansion pack you want, when you are done, patch your game and apply Ultimate Fix. You don't need to check and patch/crack your game after every expansion pack.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top