Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Guest Thu 11 Sep 2014, 17:22

Hello,

So yeah, I downloaded and installed sims 3 and all of its expansion packs and followed the instructions exactly(applied the ultimate fix, patched, etc....)
However, I have a same problem with this dude right here. So now I uninstalled my sims 3.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16497-unable-to-start-game-service-initialization-failed-0x024e424f-solved#115274

That thread is already solved and I think the dude's sims 3 is working fine now. But i didn't understand what he did for his sims 3 to work.

"ok so i uninstalled sims 3 and all the expansions then reinstalled the base game and followed all the instructions. After that I installed only 2 expansions onto the new game: Ambitions and Generations and applied necessary cracks..."

What does he mean be "necessary cracks..." for Ambitions and Generations? Because I really want to follow what he did.

Aside on what he did, is there other solutions for a problem like that?

Thank you so much.

Back to top Go down

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Re: Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Phoebe Thu 11 Sep 2014, 19:06

Hello,

You don't have to crack if you crack your latest game twice with necessary cracks (in Ultimate Fix folder, it's all explained in a file.)

I'd like to tell you the order of the installation an crack process to clear something and understand which part isn't right.

1. You should use cracked version of the base game, from Pirate Bay. You don't need to install it, just only drag the app to your applications.
2. After downloading and creating .dmg files of the expansion packs you want to install, start to install in order

[list="padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 25px;"]
[*]The Sims 3: World Adventures
[*]The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
[*]The Sims 3: Ambitions
[*]The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
[*]The Sims 3: Late Night
[*]The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff
[*]The Sims 3: Generations (May 31, 2011)
[*]The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
[*]The Sims 3: Pets
[*]The Sims 3: Master Suite
[*]The Sims 3: Showtime
[*]The Sims 3: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats Stuff
[*]The Sims 3: Diesel Stuff
[*]The Sims 3: Supernatural
[*]The Sims 3: Seasons
[*]The Sims 3: 70's, 80's & 90's Stuff
[*]The Sims 3: University Life
[*]The Sims 3: Island Paradise
[*]The Sims 3: Movie Stuff
[*]The Sims 3: Into the Future     
[/list]

World Adventures is always problematic, so I prefer patching my game with the latest patch right after I drag the base game. With this way, I don't have to deal with "unupdatable" problem. 

2. After being done with installing, it's wise to patch your game again.
3. And now, you need to crack your game with Ultimate Fix. Only thing you need to do open the it and find the file named "Into The Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise.." and copy the files in it, then go to; Applications and folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. (SO NOT TO THE EXPANSION’S GAME DIRECTORY!) 

Then open the "Crack" folder and apply the same move, copy the files to the same directory and you are done!

Please apply this way and let me know the result! Good luck!  The Sims Plumbob 1

Last edited by Phoebe on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 17:42; edited 1 time in total
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Re: Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 08:09

Omg thank you so much! Its working noww!!

and anddd, is it safe if I patch it through the launcher? Like the newest update?

again thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 11:22

delusionalsunset wrote:Omg thank you so much! Its working noww!!

and anddd, is it safe if I patch it through the launcher? Like the newest update?

again thank you so much!

Yes. As stated in the installation guide.pdf from the ultimate fix.
"
Open the The Sims 3 Launcher and navigate to the "Update" tab. Choose "Refresh". If a new update shows, install it. (RECOMMENDED) If you get an “Invalid File” error during the update process or if you have ANY other problems during the update process, use THIS manual patch instead!)
"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top