Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 18:31

Hello.

So I recently got an iMac and I'm still new at everything. But I want to play The Sims! So I downloaded all of the expansion packs and installed them (followed the updated guide thoroughly) BUT when I start the game it says:

Unable to start game

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Sad.. I haven't really found any help googling it, so I hope you can help me! 

Ps. I didn't install World Adventures, cause it had some problems with the regional code.

Back to top Go down

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Re: Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Dieneryn Wed 09 Oct 2013, 02:29

Hello,

Are you using the same base game as the one recommended in the Mac Guide? Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Re: Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 07:33

Dieneryn wrote:Hello,

Are you using the same base game as the one recommended in the Mac Guide? Smile
Yes I am Smile I did everything exactly as described in the guide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Wed 09 Oct 2013, 07:49

That's great to know Smile

Where did you download your Expansion Packs from?
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 08:45

Dieneryn wrote:That's great to know Smile

Where did you download your Expansion Packs from?
This website Smile 

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html - right there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Wed 09 Oct 2013, 09:09

Okay, thanks for letting me know! In that case, do you mind telling me your patch version?

Also, are you using any mods? Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 09:35

Dieneryn wrote:Okay, thanks for letting me know! In that case, do you mind telling me your patch version?

Also, are you using any mods? Smile
19.0.101.023001 is my patch version. 

And no, I haven't got the chance to download any, since I just got my mac Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Wed 09 Oct 2013, 09:46

Hello, If you did everything according to the Mac Guide you should be at Patch Version 1.57 Wink

For now, please update your game through the "Game Updates" tab in the launcher.
Make sure that you update to Version 1.57. 

After that, re-download and re-apply the LATEST Ultimate Fix. 

Your problem should be solved then Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 09:48

Dieneryn wrote:Hello, If you did everything according to the Mac Guide you should be at Patch Version 1.57 Wink

For now, please update your game through the "Game Updates" tab in the launcher.
Make sure that you update to Version 1.57. 

After that, re-download and re-apply the LATEST Ultimate Fix. 

Your problem should be solved then Smile
Sorry, I just edited my post - my patch version is indeed 1.57.62.023001 - I just thought you meant my current game versions (expansion packs included)

//EDIT

When I get the unable to start game-pop up and press ''Ok'' I get this as well:

Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0058ccb6.

Do you wish to debug it ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Wed 09 Oct 2013, 11:09

Hey there, have you try re-applying the Ultimate Fix? Which folder did you apply it to?

Unfortunately, if it still does not work after reapplying, you might have to do a clean uninstall and reinstall the game. Since you seem to have followed the steps properly, that is the only solution I have left..

Do let me know if you are intending to reinstall. I will guide you to do a clean uninstall Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Oct 2013, 11:38

Dieneryn wrote:Hey there, have you try re-applying the Ultimate Fix? Which folder did you apply it to?

Unfortunately, if it still does not work after reapplying, you might have to do a clean uninstall and reinstall the game. Since you seem to have followed the steps properly, that is the only solution I have left..

Do let me know if you are intending to reinstall. I will guide you to do a clean uninstall Smile
I have tried reapplying it, yeah. To Applications/The Sims 3/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin

I have tried reinstalling the game this morning, but I am unsure if i did a clean uninstall. I'd like a guide! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Wed 09 Oct 2013, 12:43

Hello! Please read this page to learn how to uninstall fully.

When you don't do a clean uninstall, the old files get mixed up and that causes problems. Sad

Well I am crossing my fingers and I hope this works out for you! 

Please keep us updated like you have been doing! Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 09:37

Dieneryn wrote:Hello! Please read this page to learn how to uninstall fully.

When you don't do a clean uninstall, the old files get mixed up and that causes problems. Sad

Well I am crossing my fingers and I hope this works out for you! 

Please keep us updated like you have been doing! Wink
It didn't work. 

I have tried several times, but it keeps giving me the same message.

Is it possible to get an earlier version of the Ultimate Fix? And an earlier manual patch. I think that might be the problem.

When I install this Censored  and don't update it, I can run the game perfectly (version 1.2.7).

Last edited by Dieneryn on Fri 11 Oct 2013, 15:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Censored an external link :))

Back to top Go down

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f) Empty Same Problem!

Post by Guest Thu 10 Oct 2013, 22:15

I have installed and uninstalled the game like 5-6 times. I am following the guide step by step, and it's still not working! 
I am going to keep on trying, and if I find a solution, I will def let you know!
I will be checking back to see if anyone has found what's going on as well.
So frustrating! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 11 Oct 2013, 15:43

Hello,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Unfortunately, an earlier version of the fix is not available for mac. Anyway, I can assure you that version 1.57 is okay to run.. I'm running the same things!

I have about 2 solutions left for you. Let's try them one at a time shall we? Wink

Solution 1: Try out a manual patch instead.
1) Please visit this post to identify the region code of your base game and download the corresponding manual patch.
2) Apply the manual patch.
3) Re-apply the Ultimate Fix.

Do try that out and let me know how it goes! If it still does not work, do let me know which expansion packs + stuff packs you have installed Smile

To vaesmo25:
You are free to try out the solutions here but they might not work for you since every computer is different. Please open a new topic if you need help. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013, 18:20

Dieneryn wrote:Hello,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Unfortunately, an earlier version of the fix is not available for mac. Anyway, I can assure you that version 1.57 is okay to run.. I'm running the same things!

I have about 2 solutions left for you. Let's try them one at a time shall we? Wink

Solution 1: Try out a manual patch instead.
1) Please visit this post to identify the region code of your base game and download the corresponding manual patch.
2) Apply the manual patch.
3) Re-apply the Ultimate Fix.

Do try that out and let me know how it goes! If it still does not work, do let me know which expansion packs + stuff packs you have installed Smile

To vaesmo25:
You are free to try out the solutions here but they might not work for you since every computer is different. Please open a new topic if you need help. Smile
I have tried applying a manual patch Smile
I've ended up installing Windows on my mac as well, so I hope I'll be able to play it then.

I really appreciate your support though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 12 Oct 2013, 04:48

Hey there!

Well, installing windows is definitely one of the solutions Smile In case you need help somewhere regarding the installation, here is a great topic on it:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t13348-how-to-bootcamp-for-worry-free-simming

In any case, if you still wish to play on your Mac OS, it would be great if you let me know which EPs and SPs you have installed. The error code 0x024e424f is linked to only two problems: 

- Patch level and Fix level differences
- Incompatibility with Mods

Since we are very sure that your patch is 1.57 and that you have applied the latest version of Ultimate Fix for MAC (if you are unsure do try to download again!) correctly into the right folder, I can only guess that one of the EPs or SPs might be causing the problem (incompatibility).

As a quick rule of thumb, the Ultimate Fix should always be applied and re-applied should you "re-patch" or install a new EP or SP. 

I hope that I'm of some help here Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top