Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found Empty Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jun 2014, 19:32

Hello I just made this account because up until now I've read the solved threads and they usually help me, however this time I can't find a solution anywhere.

I have just downloaded the sims 3 and a few EP's (Generations, Island Paradise and Late Night), but every time I go to launch the game I get the Island Paradise no game disc found error message, and when I click out of that it tells me that the process could not be started.
I have re-applied the ultimated fix and re-installed the manual updates about four times now but nothing seems to be working.
I also have no games in the origin games folder so I can't put the crack into that either.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found Empty Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Jun 2014, 00:45

kotryna wrote:Hello I just made this account because up until now I've read the solved threads and they usually help me, however this time I can't find a solution anywhere.

I have just downloaded the sims 3 and a few EP's (Generations, Island Paradise and Late Night), but every time I go to launch the game I get the Island Paradise no game disc found error message, and when I click out of that it tells me that the process could not be started.
I have re-applied the ultimated fix and re-installed the manual updates about four times now but nothing seems to be working.
I also have no games in the origin games folder so I can't put the crack into that either.

Hello,

Just re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Keep in mind though that in order for this to work, you'll need to have at least one of the expansions/stuffpacks mentioned in step #1, installed. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found Empty Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise no game disc found

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2014, 13:49

Carlos wrote:
kotryna wrote:Hello I just made this account because up until now I've read the solved threads and they usually help me, however this time I can't find a solution anywhere.

Hello,

Just re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Keep in mind though that in order for this to work, you'll need to have at least one of the expansions/stuffpacks mentioned in step #1, installed. Good luck !
 I've redone those steps about four times, and I have the generations expansion pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Jun 2014, 14:09

kotryna wrote: I've redone those steps about four times, and I have the generations expansion pack.

The thing is, experience usually shows that in these cases, something has been done wrong. As a last resort, you can try de-activating your anti-virus software completely, and then re-applying the Ultimate fix.

You may even add the location of your Sims 3 base game to the "exceptions" in the anti-virus software, but that's about it. There is no other solution beyond that, if you really insist you have done the steps correctly.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2014, 19:11

Carlos wrote:
kotryna wrote: I've redone those steps about four times, and I have the generations expansion pack.

The thing is, experience usually shows that in these cases, something has been done wrong. As a last resort, you can try de-activating your anti-virus software completely, and then re-applying the Ultimate fix.

You may even add the location of your Sims 3 base game to the "exceptions" in the anti-virus software, but that's about it. There is no other solution beyond that, if you really insist you have done the steps correctly.
Instead of putting the cracks into each individual expansion pack, I just re-applied the manual patch and dragged the #crack into the base game only, now the game works. Except I've encountered a new issue, my sims are walking through objects and the cars are driving through each other, my sims also stop before every action and it takes around 15 seconds or so for them to move again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jun 2014, 13:38

kotryna wrote:Instead of putting the cracks into each individual expansion pack, I just re-applied the manual patch and dragged the #crack into the base game only, now the game works. Except I've encountered a new issue, my sims are walking through objects and the cars are driving through each other, my sims also stop before every action and it takes around 15 seconds or so for them to move again.

That's what I mentioned before: the steps that I linked to don't mention anywhere that you have to use the cracks from expansions, only the #crack-one. Smile  I know that the steps included in the instructions from the Ultimate fix (the cute little .pdf file) say something different, but people tend to get confused by that too easily... and that's why always suggest to ignore the .pdf and ONLY look at these 4 steps. Smile  

About your follow-up issues...I assume your computer is strong enough to handle the game ?

Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, ignore teh other steps, the 4 GB patch and the DEP thing should be more than enough.

Then, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package

Next, check out the following topic too:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. Beyond the things I mentioned, there are other tweaks like using "GameBooster", or reducing the graphics settings and updating the graphics drivers too. But I'll get to that next time, if needed. Just see if any of the things I mentioned now improve your gameplay. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 14:15

Carlos wrote:
kotryna wrote:Instead of putting the cracks into each individual expansion pack, I just re-applied the manual patch and dragged the #crack into the base game only, now the game works. Except I've encountered a new issue, my sims are walking through objects and the cars are driving through each other, my sims also stop before every action and it takes around 15 seconds or so for them to move again.

That's what I mentioned before: the steps that I linked to don't mention anywhere that you have to use the cracks from expansions, only the #crack-one. Smile  I know that the steps included in the instructions from the Ultimate fix (the cute little .pdf file) say something different, but people tend to get confused by that too easily... and that's why always suggest to ignore the .pdf and ONLY look at these 4 steps. Smile  

About your follow-up issues...I assume your computer is strong enough to handle the game ?

Now have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, ignore teh other steps, the 4 GB patch and the DEP thing should be more than enough.

Then, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package

Next, check out the following topic too:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. Beyond the things I mentioned, there are other tweaks like using "GameBooster", or reducing the graphics settings and updating the graphics drivers too. But I'll get to that next time, if needed. Just see if any of the things I mentioned now improve your gameplay. Good luck !
Thank you so much ! Enjoying the game lag free ! Very Happy  The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Jun 2014, 23:07

kotryna wrote:Thank you so much ! Enjoying the game lag free ! Very Happy  The Sims Plumbob 1

Sounds good. Smile  Do you have any other issues or can I close the topic ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top