Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 n windows 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 n windows 8 Empty The sims 3 n windows 8

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2014, 04:06

so i have windows 8. downloaded d base it worked downloaded n now trying install world adventures sims3ep01setup.exe it says >SetupNew\setup.cpp (140) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID: $15.0.0.498 @Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (9200) IE Version: 9.11.9600.17126

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 n windows 8 Empty Re: The sims 3 n windows 8

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:11

DLou wrote:so i have windows 8. downloaded d base it worked downloaded n now trying install world adventures sims3ep01setup.exe it says >SetupNew\setup.cpp (140) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID: $15.0.0.498 @Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (9200) IE Version: 9.11.9600.17126

Hello,

Try re-downloading the patch and don't pause or interrupt the download ! Also, if your internet connection is "unstable", you might get problems too...

Another possibility is to re-download the patch with a different internet browser. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 n windows 8 Empty Annoying Error encountered when using The Sims Ultimate Simple Installer with Windows 8.1

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jul 2014, 11:45

Help
I just tried using The Sims Ultimate Simple Installer to install my Sims 3 and all EP/SP. All my files are from G4TW, but for some reason I encountered the following error: >SetupNew\setup.cpp (140) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID: $15.0.0.498 @Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (9200) I.E. Version 9.11.9600.17126 which was annoying to say the least. I am currently re-downloading World Adventures, and I am going to see if that helps. I am running Windows 8.1, 64 bit version. It is important to note that previous manual installs had worked, following the Ultimate Fix guide. I will edit this post if I can solve the problem on my own or if new problems arise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Different game (Medieval with Pirates & Nobles EP) and the exact same error. All patches are downloaded using the SUSI. Finished re-obtaining WA, going to see if it still errors.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Decided to try reinstalling my Sims 3 game the "old-fashioned" way. You know: PDF file open, mounting base game discs, using manual patch when installing WA, et cetera? So far, so good. It appears the issue is not with Windows 8.1, but with the SUSI. I have not tried it yet, but I am betting that the same can be said for any issues with installing Medieval including Pirates & Nobles.

Last edited by CandyHarlequin on Thu 03 Jul 2014, 13:53; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more information)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 03 Jul 2014, 21:31

CandyHarlequin wrote:Help
I just tried using The Sims Ultimate Simple Installer to install my Sims 3 and all EP/SP. All my files are from G4TW, but for some reason I encountered the following error: >SetupNew\setup.cpp (140) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID: $15.0.0.498 @Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (9200) I.E. Version 9.11.9600.17126 which was annoying to say the least. I am currently re-downloading World Adventures, and I am going to see if that helps. I am running Windows 8.1, 64 bit version. It is important to note that previous manual installs had worked, following the Ultimate Fix guide. I will edit this post if I can solve the problem on my own or if new problems arise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Different game (Medieval with Pirates & Nobles EP) and the exact same error. All patches are downloaded using the SUSI. Finished re-obtaining WA, going to see if it still errors.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Decided to try reinstalling my Sims 3 game the "old-fashioned" way. You know: PDF file open, mounting base game discs, using manual patch when installing WA, et cetera? So far, so good. It appears the issue is not with Windows 8.1, but with the SUSI. I have not tried it yet, but I am betting that the same can be said for any issues with installing Medieval including Pirates & Nobles.

Please open a NEW thread for your issue(s), instead of posting under someone else's topic. Wink  It just makes topics difficult to follow, when many different people post their issues in one and the same thread (if you ever tried reading and actually following the threads in the forum over at "sims3.com", you will know that this "system" over there looks extremely messy). 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jul 2014, 21:42

Carlos wrote:Please open a NEW thread for your issue(s), instead of posting under someone else's topic. The sims 3 n windows 8 Icon_wink  It just makes topics difficult to follow, when many different people post their issues in one and the same thread (if you ever tried reading and actually following the threads in the forum over at "sims3.com", you will know that this "system" over there looks extremely messy).
Sorry about that. I had figured since it was the same error and operating system posting here would be acceptable. I can create a new thread if you would prefer, although it seems a moot point since I can manually install the game, I just can't install the games using the SUSI.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 05 Jul 2014, 08:20

CandyHarlequin wrote:Sorry about that. I had figured since it was the same error and operating system posting here would be acceptable. I can create a new thread if you would prefer, although it seems a moot point since I can manually install the game, I just can't install the games using the SUSI.

It's OK, but generally, you should always open a new thread for your issues here, unless it's some sort of "special announcement topic" (usually opened by a Helper/Mod/Admin), or unless you are told to stay in someone else's topic. Wink

So for now, indeed, please open a new thread.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top