Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do The Sims 3 work on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do The Sims 3 work on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10? Empty Do The Sims 3 work on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Sep 2015, 17:40

I remember I tried to install The Sims 3 when I first got Win 8.1, and after installing all the expansion and stuff packs the game didn't work. I can't remember if it crashed or didn't start at all, because after that I installed The Sims 4 which worked fine, so I thought what the hell...
I like a few improvements in The Sims 4 (multitasking, no stalling when people use doors and stairs etc.), but somehow I still like TS3 better (there are a lot of little things that I miss in TS4, e.g. reading or watching TV on a bed, even cuddling or relaxing on a bed; working out using a stereo or TV, open worlds, the size of the worlds etc.).

Back to top Go down

Do The Sims 3 work on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10? Empty Re: Do The Sims 3 work on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?

Post by Guest Sat 19 Sep 2015, 17:52

Hi there, @CinnamonGirl! Very Happy

Yes, the game works in both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I have it running at the moment in Win 10, even.
If you follow this instructions here, you shouldn't have any issues:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly#

If you want to try it, you can let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Do The Sims 3 work on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10? Empty Re: Do The Sims 3 work on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct 2015, 18:42

Thanks for the information! Very Happy
I will let you know when I try next time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top