Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to register participant online ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to register participant online ? Empty How to register participant online ?

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jul 2014, 14:59

Hi,sorry for strange title. Im out of idea what should be the title

so, I have some event at my school. the event need participant, and I get participant, would from online.from facebook. I post the event at my school fb group then people regster there

then, my problem is, I wanna know if there any way to made them register them self to file. lets say like excel file or word file, so they would type their name by theirself, in online document, and save them, then other who want to register could edit it (add his/her name there)

I never do this before. what should I used ? I hear about google docs, how its work?

I see people, using online, they gave us form, for submit our exam question. there are several coloumn ,first coloumn is the question,second coloumn is the answer (multiple choices) and third coloumn is additional information. just like kind of survey, but after few days, it could automatically become word document ,just usual word document that all response are there..

how did people do that? I have no idea. I need to know how that work.I want to try myself on google doc,but Im affraid,if something wrong so people register ,but didnt appear there

thanks

Back to top Go down

How to register participant online ? Empty Re: How to register participant online ?

Post by Admin Thu 10 Jul 2014, 15:08

Hi there,

I just found this about Google Docs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wsvhIQj-3E

That should help, I think?

(Note that I've never used Google Docs before, so I can't really help you with in-depth problems)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

How to register participant online ? Empty Re: How to register participant online ?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Jul 2014, 23:52

adsuperjenius wrote:Hi,sorry for strange title. Im out of idea what should be the title

so, I have some event at my school. the event need participant, and I get participant, would from online.from facebook. I post the event at my school fb group then people regster there

then, my problem is, I wanna know if there any way to made them register them self to file. lets say like excel file or word file, so they would type their name by theirself, in online document, and save them, then other who want to register could edit it (add his/her name there)

I never do this before. what should I used ? I hear about google docs, how its work?

I see people, using online, they gave us form, for submit our exam question. there are several coloumn ,first coloumn is the question,second coloumn is the answer (multiple choices) and third coloumn is additional information. just like kind of survey, but after few days, it could automatically become word document ,just usual word document that all response are there..

how did people do that? I have no idea. I need to know how that work.I want to try myself on google doc,but Im affraid,if something wrong so people register ,but didnt appear there

thanks

I'm afraid I can't contribute too much to this topic, but we had "e-learning" platforms for this kind of stuff, like "Moodle":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moodle

People could do almost all kinds of stuff on platforms like these, but I'm not sure how widespread systems like this are in your area. 

But do you really need to have a LIST in a document for that (simple) task ? Why not make an announcement on Facebook with a deadline, and then the people who want to volunteer can, for example, send you a private message on Facebook. Or they can e-mail you.

Or you can print out a list yourself and pin it to your notice board at school - tell the people then (via facebook) that they should sign up at that list.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jul 2014, 08:13

I could do that.but it result me ,I should copy paste their name manually to excel doc. I done this before. some of their name is lost. then i receive complain about that

things worse when some cancel the registration. i should manually delete their name,and bring all name below to above. this also risk human erro

thats why I need online way, so they could register their name ,and automatically added to doc. when they wanna cancel, its automatically delete their name..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 11 Jul 2014, 11:44

adsuperjenius wrote:I could do that.but it result me ,I should copy paste their name manually to excel doc. I done this before. some of their name is lost. then i receive complain about that

things worse when some cancel the registration. i should manually delete their name,and bring all name below to above. this also risk human erro

thats why I need online way, so they could register their name ,and automatically added to doc. when they wanna cancel, its automatically delete their name..

I'm not sure if it can help, but there is this here too:

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul 2014, 13:51

thanks for your link. but so sad, I receive message adobe flash crashed Sad

when I try using internet explorer,it just show small box, but no video files

using chrome,also adobe flash crashed Sad

is that a video or gif move files?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Jul 2014, 14:01

adsuperjenius wrote:thanks for your link. but so sad, I receive message adobe flash crashed Sad

when I try using internet explorer,it just show small box, but no video files

using chrome,also adobe flash crashed Sad

is that a video or gif move files?

How did you watch the video the Admin linked to then ? That's also a link to YouTube, like my video.

This is the link to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtpXFU2C8og
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jul 2014, 14:05

I dont know why. if I open the video that posted , I receive that error message, and the video didnt appear. but I have no problem open the youtube

//EDIT

anyway,that video is reallly helpfull thanks !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top