Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help updating games. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help updating games. [SOLVED] Empty Help updating games. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 00:30

Help This has never happened before, every time I try to install anything, I keep getting this error

Before trying to update
Help updating games. [SOLVED] Captur12

After Trying to update
Help updating games. [SOLVED] 210

Now before I tried to even install anything, I installed my physical copies of The Sims 3/Ambitions/World Adventures/Pets/Showtime and Diesel Stuff first

Everything is going good, I then torrented the expansions and stuff packs I wanted and once they were done, I opened one of them to start the installation process and got that error.

Am I doing something wrong? This now happens with every expansion and Stuff pack that I got off G4TW Sever, which it never did, since I’ve used it in the past and installing was never a problem.

Help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Help updating games. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help updating games. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Jul 2014, 00:40

Hello,

Have you tried updating the game with the "manual superpatch" ? Look here, under step #2:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Keep in mind the other steps too, though. Good luck, and keep us posted ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 02:14

Carlos wrote:Hello,

Have you tried updating the game with the "manual superpatch" ? Look here, under step #2:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Keep in mind the other steps too, though. Good luck, and keep us posted ! Smile

I went and downloaded the super patch and as soon as I did Help updating games. [SOLVED] 410 this showed up

I updated the launcher via the base game and that helped a little with the installation, but now that error is worrying me as I never had that problem either, so far, generations and Seasons is giving that problem error. The patch also can't identify either Help updating games. [SOLVED] 510

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Jul 2014, 20:04

Michelle801 wrote:
I went and downloaded the super patch and as soon as I did Help updating games. [SOLVED] 410 this showed up

I updated the launcher via the base game and that helped a little with the installation, but now that error is worrying me as I never had that problem either, so far, generations and Seasons is giving that problem error. The patch also can't identify either Help updating games. [SOLVED] 510

Can you right-click on the patch and choose "Run as Administrator" ? Also, did you get "Seasons" from a physical disc or did you pirate it ? Have you tried un-installing Seasons and then re-booting the computer ? After that, try re-running the patch.

Something probably went wrong during the installation of your games...did you extract the contents of the (pirated) game downloads with
WinRAR, and into an extra folder ? Because that's the way it should be done, to avoid any possible issues.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 22:47

Carlos wrote:
Michelle801 wrote:

Can you right-click on the patch and choose "Run as Administrator" ? Also, did you get "Seasons" from a physical disc or did you pirate it ? Have you tried un-installing Seasons and then re-booting the computer ? After that, try re-running the patch.

Something probably went wrong during the installation of your games...did you extract the contents of the (pirated) game downloads with
WinRAR, and into an extra folder ? Because that's the way it should be done, to avoid any possible issues.

I tried that just now (running as administrator) and so far, it’s worked flawlessly, no errors yet. I’ll let you know when I finish installing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Jul 2014, 20:42

Take your time... Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 03:28

I finished everything and it runs fine so far, thanks for your help Smile

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top