Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2014, 14:37

Hi,
While recording video in The Sims 3 I had one problem. Immediately after I pressed the V key to start the recording, the sound suddenly stops working, until I pressed V again to stop the recording. But when I viewed the output, the sound works just fine.
How can I fix this problem? I remember this problem never occurred before.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Jul 2014, 21:54

supanut2000 wrote:Hi,
While recording video in The Sims 3 I had one problem. Immediately after I pressed the V key to start the recording, the sound suddenly stops working, until I pressed V again to stop the recording. But when I viewed the output, the sound works just fine.

Hello,

You could try deleting the scriptCache.package file at first, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Also, are you familiar with the tool "GameBooster" ? It might be related (a bit) to your overall system performance too.

Next, does that happen ALL the time, so every time you start the game and record stuff ? If the output is OK, I maybe would take this just as a minor glitch...

Keep me posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 video recording problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 02:00

Carlos wrote:
supanut2000 wrote:Hi,

Hello,

You could try deleting the scriptCache.package file at first, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Also, are you familiar with the tool "GameBooster" ? It might be related (a bit) to your overall system performance too.

Next, does that happen ALL the time, so every time you start the game and record stuff ? If the output is OK, I maybe would take this just as a minor glitch...

Keep me posted !
Hello,
I've tried deleting ScriptCashe.package file, and that didn't work.
And yes, this happened every time I record something in the game, and as stated the output was fine.
I remember this issue not happening the last time I played it before reformatting my PC. I don't think system performance is an issue, because I've just reformatted my PC on last Friday.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Jul 2014, 00:52

supanut2000 wrote:Hello,
And yes, this happened every time I record something in the game, and as stated the output was fine.
I remember this issue not happening the last time I played it before reformatting my PC. I don't think system performance is an issue, because I've just reformatted my PC on last Friday.

I'm actually unsure now about other reasosn...it could be related to your sound-card drivers (that were "reset" to default when you reformatted the PC). Look on Piratebay for "IOBIT Driver Booster", and install that program (I can't post direct links to Piratebay here). Using that program should be self-explanatory. make sure to update all the drivers on your computer, and then re-start the game to see if anything improved. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jul 2014, 01:55

Carlos wrote:
supanut2000 wrote:Hello,

I'm actually unsure now about other reasosn...it could be related to your sound-card drivers (that were "reset" to default when you reformatted the PC). Look on Piratebay for "IOBIT Driver Booster", and install that program (I can't post direct links to Piratebay here). Using that program should be self-explanatory. make sure to update all the drivers on your computer, and then re-start the game to see if anything improved. 
Thanks for the info.
Also...I remember the last time I recorded videos in Sims 3 was a year ago, and that's like before Movie Stuff and/or Into The Future was installed. Not sure if the problem has something to do with glitches in later versions of the game...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Jul 2014, 01:58

supanut2000 wrote:Thanks for the info.
Also...I remember the last time I recorded videos in Sims 3 was a year ago, and that's like before Movie Stuff and/or Into The Future was installed. Not sure if the problem has something to do with glitches in later versions of the game...

Sure, no problem. It might even be related to the latest 1.67 base game patch, but I can't really tell for sure. If nothing works for you, I would - for now at least - take this as a (minor) glitch. As long as the output is OK, it shouldn't be too big a deal.

I may even test that myself, next time I get to play TS3, to see if the same occurs in my game...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jul 2014, 02:10

Carlos wrote:

Sure, no problem. It might even be related to the latest 1.67 base game patch, but I can't really tell for sure. If nothing works for you, I would - for now at least - take this as a (minor) glitch. As long as the output is OK, it shouldn't be too big a deal.

I may even test that myself, next time I get to play TS3, to see if the same occurs in my game...

I found the source of the problem! Turns out that I had put the quality settings to the uncompressed mode, and thus there's no sound while recording. I found this after doing a simple Google search on the issue. I have to put the settings to high, in order to have sound. Mystery solved

Mod edit: OK, good to hear that ! Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top