Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the best "must have" mods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are the best "must have" mods? Empty What are the best "must have" mods?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Aug 2014, 21:19

I have never really used mods. I have a few little things, and I have used the traveler mod a few times. I don't know a lot about mods but now that it seems like there will be no more updates to worry about I was thinking about giving them a try.

I was looking through nraas earlier, but I was curious what you would suggest?

Back to top Go down

What are the best "must have" mods? Empty Re: What are the best "must have" mods?

Post by Guest Sun 24 Aug 2014, 01:11

It mostly depends on what you are looking for.
But top of my head, I'd say Story Progression and Master Controller.

Back to top Go down

What are the best "must have" mods? Empty Re: What are the best "must have" mods?

Post by Guest Sun 24 Aug 2014, 15:07

I like to change up the way I play. I do everything from legacies to changeing the race/color of the town through whoo hooing.

Really anything I get bored easy so I am always looking for some thing new.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Aug 2014, 15:39

AmandaMae wrote:I like to change up the way I play. I do everything from legacies to changeing the race/color of the town through whoo hooing.

Really anything I get bored easy so I am always looking for some thing new.

One of my personal favorites is this mod here:

https://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler

It offers a variety of different options, about e.g. corrections of simple glitches or more "cheaty" in-game interactions. I use mostly this mod, along with the NRAAS_Master Controller modules. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 22:23

Honestly it depends on the status of your computer and game.
But if you want to be SUPER cautious and have a good amount of control over your game, I would suggest:
Master Controller
Story Progression
Overwatch- helps keep track and fix of in game issues
Saver- Helps remind you to save often to prevent game corruption
Traveler- helps with the bugs related to World Adventure and adds flexibility with those worlds as well

These and many more are all provided by Nrass...he be awesome =^^=

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Aug 2014, 22:37

I agree both with Carlos and Stabitha666 , also an other good mod is Register which is to purview  the manipulation of the service and role sims in your town. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Register .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 12:59

NRass mods are great. I have been using them all for years. Though Twallen retired. His work is being carried on, and yes, they are still tweaking things, even though game has reached its "end of life" in retail. Wink Also for UBER AWESOME vehicles? Nobody can touch freshprince he has a lot on MTS, but here is pretty much every car he ever made. Many in mod, and package form. Use S3PE to make his car mods into 1 large mod. (tell how to use s3pe one MTS, and the S3PE website. You can have them all, without added load time pretty much. Very Happy http://www.freshprincecreations.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Sep 2014, 14:59

Wow very Nice Confucious I never thought about doing this but I am now excited for having you bring such a great addon to the game. I myself use http://www.thesimsresource.com/ and I have added very much of the downloads they have and they themselves make sure it works with the latest and final download of the Sims 3 which of course is 1.67. You may want to check it out for anything that you might or may be missing. You may also want to use Ad-block for your browser so you do not have to sit through the ads.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:04

Not going to lie, I've been modding my games since The Sims 1.  Mods are essentially a way of life for me, and it's the first thing I'm looking for when we release The Sims 4.

It depends on what type of mods you are asking about.  Are you looking for mods that improve the gameplay (essentially fix it), or that actually alter the game to fit your play-style a bit more?  Nrass mods, in my opinion, are more necessary than "fun".

I usually have at least 10+ mods running on my game all at the same time, however, that includes slider mods due to the fact that I hate how they made TS3 sims' faces appear.  Pudding faces!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 16:30

I'd say the essentail The Sims 3 mods are Twallan's NRaas mods; Overwatch, Story Progression, Woohooer, Relativity, Careers and Master Controller to name a few. Awesomemod, teen pregnancy, retextures and remodels are also a must-have in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Sep 2014, 21:12

Qriztina wrote:I'd say the essentail The Sims 3 mods are Twallan's NRaas mods; Overwatch, Story Progression, Woohooer, Relativity, Careers and Master Controller to name a few. Awesomemod, teen pregnancy, retextures and remodels are also a must-have in my book.

Hello Qriztina and welcome to the forum,

Needless to say (of course) is that Awesome mod will conflict with (some of) the core mods of NRAAS, like ErrorTrap, Overwatch, etc. It's not a good idea, to have all of them, at the same time. Wink  

I never used Awesome mod, though it appears to be good. I personally always preferred the NRAAS suite mods.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Sep 2014, 09:01

I am using the whole Nraas collection of mods.

I love them all.

Very useful anyway,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top