Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game craches while installing custom content! HELP?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game craches while installing custom content! HELP?! Empty Game craches while installing custom content! HELP?!

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 15:48

Okey so my game crashes every time i want to install some custom content. But that started to happen couple days ago, before that i could install it without problems.  

Thanks in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

Game craches while installing custom content! HELP?! Empty Re: Game craches while installing custom content! HELP?!

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 16:18

Okey i figured out how to install content, now i have another problem my game wont start, it crashes xd

Back to top Go down

Game craches while installing custom content! HELP?! Empty Re: Game craches while installing custom content! HELP?!

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 28 Aug 2014, 07:01

Hi,

Are you by chance downloading mods?  Also, when you say, "install CC", do you mean install them through the launcher (sims3package files)?  

Please make sure you are not running any conflicting mods or conflicting custom content.  Smile

The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:32

i dont think so cuz all the stuff i download is from the sims 3 resource and i never had any problems with installing content. im not downloading mods just clothes and that stuff (idk maybe those r mods too xd). when i go launch the game a black screen appears and i tried waiting for couple minutes and nothing happens, then i go into windows task manager and there i see that the game isnt responding, and then i just simply close it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 28 Aug 2014, 16:32

Hi,

Not a problem.  Mods are essentially files that you cannot install through the Launcher. If you are downloading from TSR, you aren't downloading mods, so no worries.  TSR only has clothing, furniture, hair styles, stuff like that.

Could you please do me one quick favor and re-do the steps here:  [Click!]

Please follow steps #2, #3, and #4 for me.  Your black screen is more than likely due to a crack error by either not applying the manual patch and ultimate fix correctly, or from not doing it at all.  Smile

The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 19:53

This happened to me when i installed things that gave me in-game glitches. I know you may not want to get rid of all your custom content, but the only thing in the end that worked for me was to delete it all and be very careful installing more the next time.

Have you tried going into OS -> Program Files (x86) -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 -> Game -> Bin -> opening TS3.exe or S3Launcher.exe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 28 Aug 2014, 21:33

katarinaS98 wrote:Okey i figured out how to install content, now i have another problem my game wont start, it crashes xd
This CC Magic will do wonders to your game! It helped me many time in the past and now I just don't play without it (and I don't even use much CC, just store content). It also makes your game running way smoother and I would advise this tool to everybody here that like to have tons of Store and CC content...

It looks for conflicts and, at same time, it puts lots of content together into a few large package files, so everything runs faster and smoother. I hope you like it! The link is below:

CC Magic

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 22:29

I'll second CC Magic, it really streamlines the troubleshooting process.  TSR may not offer mods themselves but they are also somewhat notorious for files on their site being improperly cleaned and that tends to lead to files that would otherwise not cause any issues giving you surprising new bugs.  This is usually a problem with houses downloaded from TSR but it would not surprise me if this applied to other content as well.  TSR has some wonderful content but it is a site that should be used with caution.  I'm not aware if anything like Clean Installer from TS2 exists for TS3 but if there is anything similar that would notify you as to everything included in a package hopefully someone here knows about it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top