Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Empty The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 15:35

I know this was free a little while ago and I was able to get it for my account, however my sister who at the time didn't have an account wasn't able to get it. I was just wondering if this collection will ever be uploaded for the people who missed out on the opportunity to redeem it.
Also I am able to install Sims 2 on her windows 8 machine even though I have to do quite a bit of tampering and I heard that this version (ultimate collection threw origin) works better with windows 8 and you can even install the updates (which I previously couldn't do even though I could install the games)
If you wont be adding this collection that is fine I was just curious and thought I'd ask. I don't mind using the disks and tweaking to get it installed on her computer again just thought this would make things simpler.
I would just login to my origin and install it from my account but then I think she will always have to have my username and pass to login before the game will launch. If you will not be adding this collection is there a way to possibly play without logging into origin all the time?

//EDIT

Is the Sims 2 Complete Collection the same thing? Because I was confused if it was or wasn't.

EDIT: Because my main concern was people were saying the Ultimate collection worked on windows 8, but if the complete collection is something different along the lines of it goes threw and installs each game like the ultimate collection but it wasn't the same format. Therefore you'd have to do some tweaking to install it like I had to do with the discs. (I'm confused, and I know it)

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Empty Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Aug 2014, 19:13

Summerbear5 wrote:I know this was free a little while ago and I was able to get it for my account, however my sister who at the time didn't have an account wasn't able to get it. I was just wondering if this collection will ever be uploaded for the people who missed out on the opportunity to redeem it.
Also I am able to install Sims 2 on her windows 8 machine even though I have to do quite a bit of tampering and I heard that this version (ultimate collection threw origin) works better with windows 8 and you can even install the updates (which I previously couldn't do even though I could install the games)
If you wont be adding this collection that is fine I was just curious and thought I'd ask. I don't mind using the disks and tweaking to get it installed on her computer again just thought this would make things simpler.
I would just login to my origin and install it from my account but then I think she will always have to have my username and pass to login before the game will launch. If you will not be adding this collection is there a way to possibly play without logging into origin all the time?

//EDIT

Is the Sims 2 Complete Collection the same thing? Because I was confused if it was or wasn't.

EDIT: Because my main concern was people were saying the Ultimate collection worked on windows 8, but if the complete collection is something different along the lines of it goes threw and installs each game like the ultimate collection but it wasn't the same format. Therefore you'd have to do some tweaking to install it like I had to do with the discs. (I'm confused, and I know it)

Hello, 

As for your question, the Sims 2 and all expansions/stuffpacks are already on the "request list", here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1-all-current-requests-read-this-first-please

Whether this is called "Complete Collection", "Ultimate Collection", or whatever, doesn't matter. As far as I know, some people with Windows 8 have trouble with all Sims 2 titles. G4TW is actually planning to (re-)release The Sims 2, and all expansions, at some point, but I can't tell when exactly. Smile  

P.S. please do not double-post; instead use the "edit"-button to add things to your original message. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 19:32

Ok, Sorry. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Aug 2014, 19:43

Summerbear5 wrote:Ok, Sorry. Thank you!

No problem; the original release was taken down because of exactly these (installation) problems on later Windows operating systems (Windows Vista, 7, 8,..). It would indeed be very nice if The Sims 2 and all expansions would be re-released. Smile

In any case, we will have to do quite a lot of pre-testing of that game. If you ever tried installing TS2 and the expansions on Windows 7 or 8, you will have noticed that it's a lot of "fun". So these things should be clarified and properly playtested in advance.

//EDIT

Yes, it IS possible to get The Sims 2 working on these later Windows systems, but you need to know how exactly. I manged to do so myself, but before you ask here: no, this is not the right forum for this kind of stuff; and the explanations would be very elaborate...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 16:16

I seen this was removed due to issues, will this be coming back or is it going to be removed completely?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Sep 2014, 18:14

Summerbear5 wrote:I seen this was removed due to issues, will this be coming back or is it going to be removed completely?

The Admin was planning to re-release it, at some point in the future. But prior to that, lots of pre-release testing will be necessary. Only time can tell...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top