Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My sims can't go to work and always crashed. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sims can't go to work and always crashed. [SOLVED] Empty My sims can't go to work and always crashed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 08:54

i have a problem just now that my sim can't go to work. the carpool came, and she has to-do list image shows the carpool and says 'go to work' like usual. but seconds later, it auto-dismissed the list. i clicked on the carpool several times, but still, my sim auto-dismissed it. i went to the building where she works too but the same thing happens.

she has missed the work twice and it's going to be bad since she has reached level 4 in film career (late night expansion) and i don't want her to lose job. is there any solution?

plus, yesterday and today, my game will crash after like 5-7 hours of playing. it will hang or stop working by itself and it's a bit frustrating since it's tiring to play without getting to save. 

hope you guys can help me with this. thank you.  Help

Back to top Go down

My sims can't go to work and always crashed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: My sims can't go to work and always crashed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 09:56

Hi,

I think you have corrupted work outfit. You must change your outfit on your work. Just go to the dresser and change your work outfit.

And for crashes, try these steps: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014 
(Try it all specially the DEP thing)
You can try also save your game periodically. Like every 30 mins or so. Or use this Mod: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Saver to remind you periodically. So you will not lose things if it crashed.

Good Luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

My sims can't go to work and always crashed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: My sims can't go to work and always crashed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 16:04

i had done the work outfit but the same thing happens. i will try again later.

//EDIT

i opened my game. and my sims was wearing her outerwear outfit so i made her change into her career outfit, the one i had planned before when i realized the first time she can't/won't go to work.

then i tried other players' tip which is to bulldoze the building where my sim goes to work and replace a new one. too bad, my sim lost her job. it's a waste of time and effort because she had reached level 4 in film career. so i ended up quitting the game without saving to prevent from her losing her job.

then i opened back my game. i made her go to the dresser to plan other work outfit. unfortunately, during the loading to enter the part, it stuck for a long time until i decided to force close the game via task manager.

is it because my sim just had her birthday one day before? she grew up from young adult to adult. and the game said that my sim was having midlife crisis i dunno what that means. is it possible that is the reason?

i haven't tried the link u gave me to solve the crash thing because i wanna solve the work problem first. hope u guys can help. can't play yet. huhu.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 04 Sep 2014, 18:29

First of all, let's talk about crashing. Do you happen to have a 32-bit PC? If so, I have some bad news for you.

Playing The Sims 3 on a 32-bit PC is not preferable because The Sims 3 is a 32-bit application, which only uses up to 2-3 GB RAM. So even though you have applied 4GB patch mentioned in the post cezra31 linked, it will not work 32-bit PCs. If your save game is getting too large, it may crash as well because The Sims 3 cannot handle a particularly huge save folder.

For now, I would suggest you download and install Overwatch and Errortrap here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap and http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch.

Errortrap helps you ease the crashes you are having and Overwatch does the same but may also help with the glitch you are having with the sim's career. You may also check out this post for additional information: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14129-tips-for-saving-your-corrupted-saves-including-error-12 .

They are merely workarounds but they may be helpful for your crash, to be very least.

As for your career glitch, do you have any mods/Custom Content? If so, delete them and leave Errortrap and Overwatch only. Some of the Custom Content/CC interfere with career and can create this glitch.

If cezra's method doesn't work out for you, can you try the alternative? Go into your save game, hold Ctrl + Shift + C and type "testingcheatsenabled true" (without quotes). After that shift-click your sim and choose "Edit Sim in CAS".

If that doesn't resolve your problem, download and install Master Controller and Master Controller Cheats here: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController. You can force your sims to go to work when they should have done so by clicking on your sim, then choose Nraas > Master Controller > Sim > Intermediate > Go to work. That way your sims will be forced to work even though they "don't want to". I know this is just a workaround to circumvent the problem, but it is still a good method, if any of the "major solutions" are not working.

Good luck and let us know if you need any help.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Sep 2014, 22:13

aimonaz wrote:i had done the work outfit but the same thing happens. i will try again later.

//EDIT

i opened my game. and my sims was wearing her outerwear outfit so i made her change into her career outfit, the one i had planned before when i realized the first time she can't/won't go to work.

then i tried other players' tip which is to bulldoze the building where my sim goes to work and replace a new one. too bad, my sim lost her job. it's a waste of time and effort because she had reached level 4 in film career. so i ended up quitting the game without saving to prevent from her losing her job.

then i opened back my game. i made her go to the dresser to plan other work outfit. unfortunately, during the loading to enter the part, it stuck for a long time until i decided to force close the game via task manager.

is it because my sim just had her birthday one day before? she grew up from young adult to adult. and the game said that my sim was having midlife crisis i dunno what that means. is it possible that is the reason?

i haven't tried the link u gave me to solve the crash thing because i wanna solve the work problem first. hope u guys can help. can't play yet. huhu.

Hello aimonaz,

Have you actually tried quitting the job (with the computer), and then re-aplying for it ? I remember, I did that once, and I was able to continue on the same job level as when I left. If not, there are mods that can help you get back to the job level you originally had (NRAAS_DebugEnabler, maybe NRAAS_MastrController too ?).

And yes, please see if you downloaded any third-party custom content items; they may influence your sim's job too. Good luck !

P.S. please do not double-post; instead use the "edit"-button (top-right corner when your post shows up) if you want to add stuff to your original mesage.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 05:02

hello guys. i'm so sorry for not replying to any of your replies because last 5 months i was on new semester so couldn't handle to play any pc games to concentrate.

and now i'm on my semester break. and had just read these replies. i'm afraid to try J.T's methods because i think my laptop is weak since it's not a gaming laptop.

yes, my laptop is 32-bit and has 4gb RAM. well, i think maybe because i played the game for too long and saved too many levels, the sims could not save more and maybe that's why my sims won't go to work. perhaps.

so if that's the problem, can the methods you guys recommend can solve it even if the game cannot save more?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Feb 2015, 17:17

aimonaz wrote:hello guys. i'm so sorry for not replying to any of your replies because last 5 months i was on new semester so couldn't handle to play any pc games to concentrate.

and now i'm on my semester break. and had just read these replies. i'm afraid to try J.T's methods because i think my laptop is weak since it's not a gaming laptop.

yes, my laptop is 32-bit and has 4gb RAM. well, i think maybe because i played the game for too long and saved too many levels, the sims could not save more and maybe that's why my sims won't go to work. perhaps.

so if that's the problem, can the methods you guys recommend can solve it even if the game cannot save more?

Sorry, I don't really get that: why do you think you need a gaming computer to do J.T.'s suggestions ? You don't need a strong computer for that. You could indeed try saving your sims into the "Bin" (in edit town-mode) and then just make a new savefile (maybe even in a new town). There, you put the family from the "Bin" into it. I think it was also mentioned in J.T.'s guide.

And then you just play on in that new savegame.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 06:24

oh. sorry. hehe. i will try your method.

for now, i stopped playing that sim and make a new game. and the new game works perfectly when the sims went to work.

thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:57

aimonaz wrote:oh. sorry. hehe. i will try your method.

for now, i stopped playing that sim and make a new game. and the new game works perfectly when the sims went to work.

thank you. Smile

Sorry for the late reply, but do you still need help with the issue ? Or is everything OK now ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 14:47

Carlos wrote:
aimonaz wrote:oh. sorry. hehe. i will try your method.

thank you. Smile

Sorry for the late reply, but do you still need help with the issue ? Or is everything OK now ? Smile 

oh yes. it's fine now. i'm enjoying my game. thank you so much  Smile I tip my fedora.

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top