Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

build mode not so great

View previous topic View next topic Go down

build mode not so great Empty build mode not so great

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 04:02

so after playing for a few days i've come to realize that at the moment there aren't many option as far as creating rooms or homes. you are limited on the type of flooring. like the carpet tab has 2 styles and you have maybe 5 or 6 colors to choose from. the same goes for the walls. i only hope that as this game grows and modders create new items that it will get better. from a scale of 1-10 i give it a 6. i've looked for sites on how to add textures but i can't anything yet.

Back to top Go down

build mode not so great Empty Re: build mode not so great

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 20:05

Wow...
What is EA doing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 20:53

Shamrock wrote:Wow...
What is EA doing?
going backwards! there are literally 2 carpet choices. when you click on 1 of them a color menu comes up but there are 6 basic colors to choose from. the wood flooring has about 15 styles and u can only change the color in 5 or 6 of them. i paid for a deluxe version and it seems like i paid for the most basic version. it really sucks for experienced simmers but it is an awesome starting point for someone who has never played the sims before. my 8 year old nephew could play this game without any problems. they need to add some new build mode choices or something. this is truly like simcity 5. i think EA fired all of it's sims 3 game designers and hired people straight out of college or maybe someone off the street

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 21:53

I do not agree, i think it's fine - you have to remember it's the base game. With that in mind i think it's okay. If you are unsatisfied with the floor types, why don't you download some custom content? 

In all the Sims games (and the expansions) i have been unsatisfied with the furniture, i think it's old-fashioned, but then i just download a lot of custom content :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 22:24

LSSD wrote:you have to remember it's the base game.
I disagree. Just because it's a base game doesn't mean it must suck. Let's remember how SIMS3 base game was. You still had from where to choose. And, most important, you had lots of things to choose from and the ability to color things the way you wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Sep 2014, 22:55

Yea, we all have different opinions :-) 

Maybe it's just because i use a lot of CC i don't see the problem. Even though i haven't downloaded anything yet im satisfied so far with the build mode... But again, not with the ugly furniture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top