Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Unknown Error Occurred' when trying to install sim packs [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Unknown Error Occurred' when trying to install sim packs [SOLVED]  Empty 'Unknown Error Occurred' when trying to install sim packs [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 06:42

I had to repurchase all new sims games after my game kept crashing (i no longer had the discs, that why i had to repurchase them). before i uninstalled the old discs, i took all my packages, mods, saved sims, and Sim Packages and saved them on folders on my desktop. I've installed all the discs and now want to put the custom content back into my game. whenever i click on a sims pack it say 'unknown error occurred' (I'm only clicking on one at a time & havent put any custom content back in my game). The launcher works perfectly fine though. 
I read online and it told me click on 'macintosh hd' and find the 'library' folder. i have no library folder. i'm really at a lost on what to do. theres a lot of custom content that i have collected over the years and have no idea on where to find again. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Back to top Go down

'Unknown Error Occurred' when trying to install sim packs [SOLVED]  Empty Re: 'Unknown Error Occurred' when trying to install sim packs [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 11:17

Hi, I'm not sure if my suggestion work, but hopefully it will.

Try putting your sims3pack onto your downloads folder; located :" documents/electronic arts folder/the sims 3/downloads"
Once you placed the sims3pack, open launcher and try to installing it from the downloads tab. Also, maybe some of the sim3pack are outdated, and they can be buggy with the current patch.

Also, I suggest you copy they whole Sims 3 folder next time (as a backup). Most importantly you may want to save "DCBackup"  and "DCCache" folder. That's where all your installed sims3pack file are converted into (Mainly the DCCache, the DCBackup is the backup for the DCCache...).

Back to top Go down

'Unknown Error Occurred' when trying to install sim packs [SOLVED]  Empty Re: 'Unknown Error Occurred' when trying to install sim packs [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Sep 2014, 15:03

omg it worked! thank you zoo much! and i will definitely do that for next time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 12 Sep 2014, 17:33

Hello,

Good to hear my fellow helper friend's suggestion worked for you! Please let us know if you have any question.

Topic is closed.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top