Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown Error Occurred. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unknown Error Occurred. [SOLVED] Empty Unknown Error Occurred. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 17:27

Hello,

I followed the sims 3 mac installation guide, but after installing the supernatural EP I could not access to the game.
After fist installing the pre-crack version for mac I had no trouble, I could perfectly play the sims 3 base game; but without updating it. After the torrent for supernatural finished downloading I manually patch the sims 3 to the last version (1.55) and followed steps 2,3 & 4 of the mac installation guide; after doing so I tried to open the launcher but it says "Unknown Error Occurred "

note: I have just installed the pre-crack sims 3 for mac and the supernatural Ep; also I have the ultimate fix, and the manual patch (1.55)

Back to top Go down

Unknown Error Occurred. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unknown Error Occurred. [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:06

Hello,

Can you tell me which files you used to crack your game from the Ultimate Fix?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:07

the ones that says on the installation guide that are on the folder #crack

by the way I just got university life

Last edited by frankmolcas92 on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:36

Hello,
As the guide in Ultimate Fix says, after updating your game to latest patch (1.55) you need to:

Open the folder named "All the games after Generations" and copy all the files in it and go to: Applications\The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and go to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

After that Open the “# Crack” folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:41

I have done that and nothing, beside on my sims 3 icon does not say "SHOW ORIGINAL" just say show package.

This is what I just did:
1 Install pre-crack mac version sims 3 base game
2 update last version (1.55) via manual patch
3 Install University life and supernatural (used stuff expander to unzip and then created the .dmg files following the intrucction on the guide)
4.next i went to the ultimate fix followed step 3 (For The Sims 3 - base game: open the "Base Game" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\ The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.)
5 next step 10 (10. For The Sims 3 Island Paradise University Life & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural &Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations: open the “All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3 folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original".
Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist. (SO NOT TO THE EXPANSIONS GAME DIRECTORY!) )
6 I am now suposed to search for and updated but I cannot open the launcher
this is the moment in were the unknown error occurs

I am just following the different guide that you guys have made

Last edited by frankmolcas92 on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 20:40; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:01

Hello,
As you already updated game to 1.55 you don't need to update it again. All you need to do is this last step:

Open the “# Crack” folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to:Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

I know it seems like you're doing same thing twice with both crackes but it's how it works.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 22:57

This is what I just did:
3 Install University life and supernatural (used stuff expander to unzip and then created the .dmg files following the intrucction on the guide)
4.next i went to the ultimate fix followed step 3 (For The Sims 3 - base game: open the "Base Game" folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\ The Sims 3\ folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.)
5  I Opened the “# Crack” folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to:Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

But now i am getting thsi erros
Exception Raised
Unhandled page faukt on read Access to 0x00000000 at address 0x00000000
Do you wish to debug it?
The options are yes or no none of them Works

I have done the hold process plenty of times and I keep getting the Unknown error I follow the guide step by step and nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Oct 2013, 22:47

I have had the exact same problem. I followed all the instructions on the guides for installing and updating Sims 3 (to 1.57). The expansion packs I installed were Generations, University Life, Supernatural, and Island Paradise. 

In the Ultimate Fix guide and video tutorial, it says to apply the Base Game and Generations files and such. After that it says to launch the Sims 3 and update.

Here is where the problem is. Right when I launch Sims 3, I get the "Unknown Error Occurred". And so I am unable to update the Sims 3 via the launcher, and continue the rest of the steps.

I went ahead and applied the crack to my Sims 3 to see if it would work, and it did not I got the same error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 06 Oct 2013, 09:53

frankmolcas92 wrote:This is what I just did:
5  I Opened the “# Crack” folder in this .rar file and apply both files in there by navigating to: Applications\The Sims 3folder and then right-click the The Sims 3 icon. Click "Show original". Now, click "Show package contents" and navigate to:Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

But now i am getting thsi erros
Exception Raised
Unhandled page faukt on read Access to 0x00000000 at address 0x00000000
Do you wish to debug it?
The options are yes or no none of them Works

I have done the hold process plenty of times and I keep getting the Unknown error I follow the guide step by step and nothing
Hello,
I haven't heard you from a while and I thought you were able to solve the problem. But let's focus on it:

You only need to use two crack files in the Ultimate Fix for Mac rar. One of them is says "All new expansion packs, like Island Paradise, University, Seasons etc". First you need to apply it; copy the two files in it, go to Applications/Sims 3 icon. Right click on it and choose show package content, then navigate to: Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

Then come to .rar file again, choose the file named “# Crack” and apply the same process. The thing you do wrong is not using the essential crack on your game. 

Please apply the cracks like I said and let me know the result.

//EDIT

Creei wrote:I have had the exact same problem. I followed all the instructions on the guides for installing and updating Sims 3 (to 1.57). The expansion packs I installed were Generations, University Life, Supernatural, and Island Paradise.

In the Ultimate Fix guide and video tutorial, it says to apply the Base Game and Generations files and such. After that it says to launch the Sims 3 and update.

Here is where the problem is. Right when I launch Sims 3, I get the "Unknown Error Occurred". And so I am unable to update the Sims 3 via the launcher, and continue the rest of the steps.

I went ahead and applied the crack to my Sims 3 to see if it would work, and it did not I got the same error.
Please open a new topic for us to help you.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Unknown Error Occurred. [SOLVED] Empty unknown error occurs stills happens

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 17:20

hey there I am still getting the unknown error seriously I have follow every guide you guys have in your website, so please I need and step by step guide of how to do it
I have all the expansion pack
both version of the base game the pre crack one and the normal one
the last ultimate fix
and the last manual patch
I will appreciate if you just take the time to do the step by step guide and it will also be helpful for other people and a definitely one since each download you guys have and on the forum there are different version of how to install the sims 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 07 Oct 2013, 17:24

Hello,

Did you see this guide? :
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new

I'm afraid this is as "step - by - step" as I can get. If you have not tried reading it, please do so and follow it exactly.

Do update us on your progress. Smile

Moderator edit: Topics merged. To the topic creator (frankmolcas92): please do NOT open extra topics on the same problem; stick to your original topic. This "bumping" is not welcome here and considered like spamming. Thank you.

- Carlos

// EDIT

Thanks Carlos. I did not realise that it was an extra topic. That being said, to frankmolcas92, since you have already read the guide, can you make sure the following is right?

- The game is now currently at V.1.57. Have you updated to this latest version?
- The Ultimate Fix is also updated. Have you re-downloaded it yet?

If all else still fails, please do a CLEAN and FULL uninstall of your game, then re-install it according to the guide with the latest patches and fixes.

Let us know how you are doing Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 04:02

I had to open a new topic since this one was close I was unable to write on it
I used the guide and nothing it still give the unknown error 
and every time I reinstall the game I uninstall everything first
do i have to install every expansion and stuff pack for it to work?

Moderator edit: Hm, no ? The original topic was never closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Wed 16 Oct 2013, 04:51

Hello,

When you uninstalled did you remove the library preferences?
Read here:
http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

If you did not remove these files and install again, it will give you the "Unknown Error Occurred" message.
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Oct 2013, 22:43

On that guide says that I have to let it patch and I cant because it always give the invalid error because of my internet, I use the manual patch would that be the reason I cant play?

after installing everything the unknown error didn't appear I got one that says"
"The Sims 3

Unable to start game

Service Initialization failed (0x024e424f)" the only option i get is OK

after pressing ok I get an exception raised and it goes like this:
"Exception raised

Unhandled exception )x80000003 at address
0x0058ccb6
Do you wish to debug it?"

I have to option yes and no none of them do anything

Last edited by frankmolcas92 on Sun 20 Oct 2013, 23:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new error appears)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 21 Oct 2013, 03:36

Hello,

Please upload a screenshot of your launcher.
Thanks!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 14:43

how do I do that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 21 Oct 2013, 19:15

Hello,

Just push command+shift and number 4 and select the launcher area. The system will take a screen capture and will save it on the desktop.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 23:03

How do I upload the picture?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Tue 22 Oct 2013, 02:58

Unknown Error Occurred. [SOLVED] Upload11

1) Host your image with the "Host an Image" button.
2) Copy the URL.
3) Insert your URL under the "Insert Image" button. (Just on the right of "Host an Image Button")
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 03:15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Tue 22 Oct 2013, 03:28

Hello,

Take a look at your game version at the bottom left. Version: 20.0.53
You need to update to 1.63

Unknown Error Occurred. [SOLVED] Launch10

1) Click on "Game Updates" tab.
2) Click "Refresh" button till you see the message "Game Update for 1.63".
3) Click on "Update Now"

Please follow my instructions EXACTLY and show me a screenshot again.
I will then guide you on the next step.

Thank you!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 13:03

I can't do that I don't have internet were I live I downloaded everything before I move I have the manual patch for version 1.57

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 25 Oct 2013, 01:41

Hello,

Since you mentioned that you do not have internet access, I only have three solutions left for you.

Solution #1:
- Play the base game without any expansion packs.

Solution #2 (If you have downloaded Ultimate Fix for 1.57):
- Run your manual patch so that your game shows Version 1.57 from the launcher.
- Apply the Ultimate Fix for 1.57

Solution #3:
- Wait till you have internet connection.
- Download the latest patch here (1.63): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch-updated
- Download the latest Ultimate Fix (1.63) here:https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
- Run the patch.
- Apply the fix.

I'm sorry if I can't help you any further. I hope one of these works for you. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 02:03

nah is ok I not you fault I tried yo apply the manual patch it didnt allow me to do it I was updating with laucher but I had to leave before it was complete Ill let you know as soon as I do something

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 25 Oct 2013, 02:06

Great. Do update us Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top