Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims are aging......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims are aging...... Empty Sims are aging......

Post by Guest Thu 18 Sep 2014, 01:28

So... I started playing the sims 4. I really like it, BUT I have just ONE problem.

They're all aging except my sim!!! I'm level 7 of the computer/technology career and I'm like..struggling to make money. SO, I thought, "Ali, it's time to get married." I go out to the park and lounges and low and behold....every sim is hunched over with gray hair!! I moved to another world, but at the moment the only sims at this park are women with their children....it's weird.

Edit: I did turn off aging when I first started playing.

//MOVED

Back to top Go down

Sims are aging...... Empty Re: Sims are aging......

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 18 Sep 2014, 02:13

alibeasley wrote:So... I started playing the sims 4. I really like it, BUT I have just ONE problem.

They're all aging except my sim!!! I'm level 7 of the computer/technology career and I'm like..struggling to make money. SO, I thought, "Ali, it's time to get married." I go out to the park and lounges and low and behold....every sim is hunched over with gray hair!! I moved to another world, but at the moment the only sims at this park are women with their children....it's weird.

Hi alibeasley,

So I'm assuming your question has to do with why your Sim, this one Sim in particular, is not aging, correct?

If your Sim is not aging, are you sure you did not re-enable aging for your Sims?  Because you can disable both aging for your sims, and also disable aging for the entire Sims 4 world/neighborhoods!  It sounds to me like the neighborhood aging was still intact, however your Sim aging was disabled.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 02:10

Sephymuffins wrote:
alibeasley wrote:So... I started playing the sims 4. I really like it, BUT I have just ONE problem.

Hi alibeasley,

So I'm assuming your question has to do with why your Sim, this one Sim in particular, is not aging, correct?

If your Sim is not aging, are you sure you did not re-enable aging for your Sims?  Because you can disable both aging for your sims, and also disable aging for the entire Sims 4 world/neighborhoods!  It sounds to me like the neighborhood aging was still intact, however your Sim aging was disabled.
Well I guess I didn't really put my question up here right. Really, I just want to know why they were all aging after I disabled it when I first made my sim and house. 

Also, say I do have the aging enabled on sims that aren't in my household. What happens when they die? Do new sims come in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:54

If you have "Fill empty houses" (I think that's how it is called) enabled, yes, the game will move in new sims. 

However, unlike in Sims 3, in Sims 4, there is no Story Progression -- meaning sims in the neighborhood will not find jobs, get married and have children of their own, they just age and eventually die. The game then generates new sims to replace them. Basically these are townies like in Sims 2 Sad
I find this to be one of the bigger disappointments of Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 15:54

Water Nixi wrote:If you have "Fill empty houses" (I think that's how it is called) enabled, yes, the game will move in new sims. 

However, unlike in Sims 3, in Sims 4, there is no Story Progression -- meaning sims in the neighborhood will not find jobs, get married and have children of their own, they just age and eventually die. The game then generates new sims to replace them. Basically these are townies like in Sims 2 Sad
I find this to be one of the bigger disappointments of Sims 4.
Thank you for the info! Yes, it is sad that they don't have the story progression. But at least they will bring in new sims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:52

//MOVED
Not sure if you still need help but you can see how long till your sims age up in simology or something that you hit Y for and mostly old people hangout at the lounge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top