Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS Aging even with aging turn off, after latest EA patch!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS Aging even with aging turn off, after latest EA patch! Empty SIMS Aging even with aging turn off, after latest EA patch!

Post by grieralexander Sat 17 Nov 2018, 14:18

The latest patch has brought many glitches: A new one is that Sims age, even with aging turn off. EA said they are working on a fix! However, there seems to be a workaround that is working for some people: Do not! I repeat, Do Not! take your sims into CAS without first saving your game. When you make a Sim, save it to the library individually. If the glitch appears, you may substitute with the saved Sim. The Sims are aged in CAS if the game is not saved first! Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

SIMS Aging even with aging turn off, after latest EA patch! Empty Re: SIMS Aging even with aging turn off, after latest EA patch!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Nov 2018, 16:18

grieralexander wrote:The latest patch has brought many glitches: A new one is that Sims age, even with aging turn off. EA said they are working on a fix! However, there seems to be a workaround that is working for some people: Do not! I repeat, Do Not! take your sims into CAS without first saving your game. When you make a Sim, save it to the library individually. If the glitch appears, you may substitute with the saved Sim. The Sims are aged in CAS if the game is not saved first! Good job!

Hooray, (most probably) another mini-patch from EA in about a week or two from now!  

Happy B-day!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

SIMS Aging even with aging turn off, after latest EA patch! Empty Re: SIMS Aging even with aging turn off, after latest EA patch!

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 17:33

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
grieralexander wrote:The latest patch has brought many glitches: A new one is that Sims age, even with aging turn off. EA said they are working on a fix! However, there seems to be a workaround that is working for some people: Do not! I repeat, Do Not! take your sims into CAS without first saving your game. When you make a Sim, save it to the library individually. If the glitch appears, you may substitute with the saved Sim. The Sims are aged in CAS if the game is not saved first! Good job!

Hooray, (most probably) another mini-patch from EA in about a week or two from now!  

Happy B-day!
In my experience it only happens when you are busy in CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2018, 19:57

I was going to ask if we will be getting that patch? 

Unfortunately for me it isn't just tied to going into CAS. Just opening my game up ages my sims by around 40 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 18 Nov 2018, 15:30

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Happy B-day!
I've spent most of the morning on my Tmblr reading and watching videos of additional bugs and glitches. A new one for today, and this comes from one of EA's Game Changers. The lots appear empty and when he saves a lot it does not save completely, things go missing, especially plants! Through the years playing Sims 3 and now 4, if one thing I've learned is to wait at least a week or 2 before updating my game; it has saved me from multiple headaches and at the end I know for certain what is working and what is not.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Nov 2018, 18:18

grieralexander wrote:I've spent most of the morning on my Tmblr reading and watching videos of additional bugs and glitches. A new one for today, and this comes from one of EA's Game Changers. The lots appear empty and when he saves a lot it does not save completely, things go missing, especially plants! Through the years playing Sims 3 and now 4, if one thing I've learned is to wait at least a week or 2 before updating my game; it has saved me from multiple headaches and at the end I know for certain what is working and what is not.

Or, if you have the hard-drive space, try having two installation folders of The Sims 4 in two different locations (or, one ZLOrigin installation + the other one cracked). One of the installations being the previous patch, the other one with the new patch/DLC.

Also of course back up your save files in advance. 

Warning: TEA

P.S. pretty sure there will be another "follow-up patch" from EA, soon again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 18 Nov 2018, 20:58

The_gh0stm4n Modders to the rescue again, just like the good old times. There is a Mod for those of you that have the aging problem with the sims. I have not tested, since I've decided not to update my game but there are a few on my tmblr that have and assured me that it solve their problem... 

It is also being offered by sims vip and crintic and a few other sites. If someone in the G4TW community wants to tested and let us know if it works for them, that could be a solution until next patch.

Last edited by grieralexander on Sun 18 Nov 2018, 23:32; edited 1 time in total
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 18 Nov 2018, 21:00

Boni wrote:I was going to ask if we will be getting that patch? 

Unfortunately for me it isn't just tied to going into CAS. Just opening my game up ages my sims by around 40 days.
Read my last post on this thread and see if it solves your problem. Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Nov 2018, 21:12

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2018, 23:05

grieralexander wrote:The_gh0stm4n Modders to the rescue again, just like the good old times. There is a Mod for those of you that have the aging problem with the sims. I have not tested, since I've decided not to update my game but there are a few on my tmblr that have and assured me that it solve their problem... 
https://simfileshare.net/folder/47540/ 

It is also being offered by sims vip and crintic and a few other sites. If someone in the G4TW community wants to tested and let us know if it works for them, that could be a solution until next patch.
I downloaded it, I was actually here to post the link for anyone that needs it.

Solved my problem... kinda... my sims are now only 36 days older rather than 40 lol XD

Worse part is I didn't even open CAS because I knew of the bug.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 18 Nov 2018, 23:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:MediaFire link for the mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pn16f424qh1kz4q/ScarletCASAgingFIX.package/file

Thanks for sharing @grieralexander
Since we now have our own Media Fire link for the mod I deleted mine. Thanks to @gh0stm4n Carlos is tha man!!!
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top