Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS NOT AGING! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS NOT AGING! [SOLVED] Empty SIMS NOT AGING! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Sep 2012, 23:20

I
installed the master controller and - under "Advanced" (i don't really
understand what I'm doing but I'm good at following directions,
generally) I hit "Reset Sim" on each of my family. But there's still no aging...does
"hard reset" mean something else entirely (there are a lot of options,
I'm kinda afraid what they might all do...) I never use mods or cheats
cuz whenever I read about them they seem to cause issues...

Back to top Go down

SIMS NOT AGING! [SOLVED] Empty Re: SIMS NOT AGING! [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Mon 17 Sep 2012, 01:44

Did you make sure aging was enabled in the game options?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 02:46

Did you make sure aging was enabled in the game options?

Yeap - I've had this problem for a while...it usually doesn't start until I've logged quite a few hours - at least a next generation - and I can age a couple people, usually, with a birthday cake but it seems like everyone only gets one turn like that. This time it started right away.

Sometimes one Sim will age a day and then stop again. I just noticed they've all aged a day now - but have stopped since.

I had a custom aging in there and I went back to defaults (all before I tried Mastercontroller) and then back again to custom settings, I've tried moving them out and back but I've never tried to manually "resetsim" cuz I'm really not understanding where or how to do that....

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 17 Sep 2012, 03:04

I would say move your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder to your desktop, to check if something is interfering with the aging.

t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 03:05

Sounds like a mod problem - are you sure everything is up to date with 1.38?

And you can always age them manually, by testingcheatsenabled true, and shift-clicking, trigger age transition

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 04:48

Sounds like a mod problem - are you sure everything is up to date with 1.38?

And you can always age them manually, by testingcheatsenabled true, and shift-clicking, trigger age transition

As I said - I don't use mods...everything I have is from here and the mastercontroller is the first I've ever created a mod folder or anything - just yesterday. Just before that I updated from 1.34 (i was a little behind) but again, I've had this problem a long time now...long before this update (I've started a LOT of games - i don't mind much really but I long for the generations I used to be able to create)

I don't understand this "testingcheatsenabled true"...is that a mastercontroller command somewhere...or is there another way to do that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 04:49

t2sink wrote:I would say move your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder to your desktop, to check if something is interfering with the aging.

I can do that - but I wouldn't know what to look for...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 05:00

Moving your Sims 3 folder makes the game create a fresh copy - this would check if something in your original folder was interfering.

The testingcheats command can be entered by pressing Ctrl+shift+C in game, and typing TestingCheatsEnabled True into the bar that pops up. Then, shift+click your sim in live mode, and there will be a option called 'trigger aging transition' that will age them up automatically.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 05:02

DeeDee47 wrote:Moving your Sims 3 folder makes the game create a fresh copy - this would check if something in your original folder was interfering.

The testingcheats command can be entered by pressing Ctrl+shift+C in game, and typing TestingCheatsEnabled True into the bar that pops up. Then, shift+click your sim in live mode, and there will be a option called 'trigger aging transition' that will age them up automatically.

Cool - thanks! Ummm...once I move the Sims 3 folder to the desktop...do I delete it after? Leave it there? Put it back?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 05:03

Keep it as a back up - that folder has your mods and saved games in it. If the fresh copy doesn't stop the problem, you know its not your sims 3 folder, and can put that back to restore everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 05:06

DeeDee47 wrote:Keep it as a back up - that folder has your mods and saved games in it. If the fresh copy doesn't stop the problem, you know its not your sims 3 folder, and can put that back to restore everything.

Thanks again and I'm sorry to have one more question...if I take it out, do all my games just go out with it?....So, if I want my games back....I should put my Saves folder back...? (sorry:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 05:12

No worries, ask as many questions as you need to Smile

Yes, your games' saves are stored in your documents/electronic arts/sims 3 folder, in a Saves folder. You can easily copy that folder back into your Sims 3 folder to restore them though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 05:23

Perfect! Thanks for all your help:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 17 Sep 2012, 17:50

Hello,

Glad to hear you found a fix for all your problems.
Anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 19:13

Hello Admin!

My problems are not fixed! Ack! Honestly - I think there's a possibility my computer's too weak or something because it just seems to happen when my game gets too big (like I said, lots of hours).

They came back aged a day and then but then no more....but I think...you know this started way back with Late Night....

If I change the LifeSpan (i prefer it longer...tho not as long as "Long"...lol pickypicky!) - THAT's the modification that messes it up. It's the Life Span, somehow ... and it sometimes kicks in with Plastic Surgery or Vampires or Potions ...anytime I mess with a Life Span in anyway.

And I CAN manually age people but no one else is aging...so if I have a kid in school, all his friends stay kids forever....

I'm going to see (actually pay attention) how long I can go in a new game with the options already set - (you can only change the Life Span in game as far as I can see, even tho it sets for all games - I tried from the main menu BEFORE I opened the game but I was blocked from doing that)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 20:39

You can change the lifespan in options.ini in your Sims 3 folder. Maybe changing it that way won't cause the aging problem, since it's being changed out of game, and not with a particular family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 23:19

Thanks, DeeDee = I'll try that and let you know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 18 Sep 2012, 17:09

Hello,

Please do so, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2012, 18:41

Ok - so changing the Lifespan through the .ini file seems to be a good way to do it - thanks again, Dee Dee BUT it happened again.....so many variables, I can't figure it out. I've tried a few things with a few games, trying to isolate it. Seriously tho - no one else has this problem? That would help. This time it was moving. And that second generation....somehow....

It SEEMS to happen (no potions, no vampires this time) when the kids move out. I had many kids (TOO MANY! lol) 3 grew up and moved out. Everything was fine until I moved the kids out. I did it ingame - there were two toddlers and a child left with the parents at home and the three older ones got an apartment. One was a teen - and his birthday came and he aged up,....and then the aging stopped again. This time I have no mods on the game at all...and, like I said, no potions, no vampires (altho there seems to be a HUGE vampire epidemic in the city this time), no plastic surgery (all the things that seemed to cause the issue before)

(NOTE: I noticed I get all kinds of weird glitches (Sims disappear, get stuck, etc) if I forget to give the new home a new name - that's old news for me but it might be new for someone else)

And also that weird thing where the one person I want to age up with a cake doesn't show up in the list. Cheatsenabled aging works tho every time....but I'd have to do the whole city manually.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 21 Sep 2012, 19:03

Could be a expansion conflict or something on that line, so would say try a re-install, uninstall all, reboot, re-install, and reboot again to be on safe measures, make sure your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 is at least copied to your desktop before you start uninstalling, so when you try and play The Sims 3 afterwards you won't have any existing families.

But can wait to see if anyone else has another thing to try before doing that.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2012, 19:17

Yes...I'll wait a minute to do all that but I'm thinking you may be right, t2sink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2012, 19:21

And I want to mention that spa!....and other long-term rabbit holes that are specifically for modification of some sort (even the packages like "Great Escape"

I saw this in another thread where she was saying that it happened both times she went for tattoos....

The big kids moved out - the teen aged, the toddlers aged, the kid aged (and the toddlers and the kid were not in my active household at the time) and then I sent one to the spa...and really THAT is the day it started - or stopped, rather.

These are just ideas I'm hoping someone may have managed at some time...

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 21 Sep 2012, 19:28

Hmm, you have the latest Store Fixes? Or well does it do anything for the spa.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 20:37

Just an update...I didn't re-install...I think that removing the Sims 3 file from my Documents actually did do the trick - I just couldn't save the game that was already jacked. I have a new game and I've done it all, pretty much and everyone ages normally (who's supposed to) and progression is good. Thanks, everyone, for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:30

Hello,

I remember a fix for this problem, yes. I think it was sacrificing your savegames indeed.
At least it's working now!

I hope you enjoy your game and do not hesitate to let us know if you need any more assistance! SIMS NOT AGING! [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male