Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Origin Games Folder? [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Origin Games Folder? [SOLVED] Empty No Origin Games Folder? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 07:39

I need help, I don't have game\bin folders, OR origin games folder, though I have origin.

//EDIT

NEVERMIND. 'FACEPALM'

//EDIT

It's making me redownload sims 3 OHGODWHY

//EDIT

Is it SUPPOSED to make you reinstall the game?

//EDIT

I am about to cry ohmygod FML all my games have to reinstall No Origin Games Folder? [SOLVED] Icon_sad HELP

Back to top Go down

No Origin Games Folder? [SOLVED] Empty Re: No Origin Games Folder? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 13:00

Hello,

First of all don't double post, it's against our rules. Click "Edit" instead.

Anyways, Do you have a game came from Origin? Or do you do typical installation when you installed your game? 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 13:10

arsweetie1234 wrote:I need help, I don't have game\bin folders, OR origin games folder, though I have origin.

//EDIT

NEVERMIND. 'FACEPALM'

//EDIT

It's making me redownload sims 3 OHGODWHY

//EDIT

Is it SUPPOSED to make you reinstall the game?

//EDIT

I am about to cry ohmygod FML all my games have to reinstall No Origin Games Folder? [SOLVED] Icon_sad HELP

Hi there and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Yes, as cezra already said, please don't post multiple times in a row, as it could be tagged as spam. We merged all of your posts into a single one. 

And could you please be more specific about what you are trying to do? What exactly is making you re-install the games?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 22:57

I just went to origin to open the launcher (after trying to install the ultimate fix) and it said download.It said the same thing on all of my other games as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 30 Sep 2014, 23:24

arsweetie1234 wrote:I just went to origin to open the launcher (after trying to install the ultimate fix) and it said download.It said the same thing on all of my other games as well.
Origin will do that once you install it, but it should not download much stuff, unless if you login and order it to download a game you don't have installed on your machine yet.

I have original Sims and Seasons, but even if I click their icons, but had installed the ones from ISO images, it works seamlessly (and I am using the crack from here, but the result is the same without it)...

Origin usually shows the games I already have installed as downloaded, but it did't download anything just because of it.

Can you check the size of the whole folder and which subfolders (and their sizes) to the origin you are referring to?

Thanks!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 23:56

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. I'm a bit of a computer noob.  Noob So, a bit more explanation? Thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:06

arsweetie1234 wrote:I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. I'm a bit of a computer noob.  Noob So, a bit more explanation? Thank you. Smile

Hi again Smile

Ok, let's start from the beginning. What expansion packs did you download from here? And is your base game from here too, or is it bought from Origin?

Last edited by SeoY on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:20; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:19

I bought the base game and pets on origin. I downloaded generations, it worked fine, showtime, didn't. "Showtime Disc needed" it said. I looked up how to fix it. Manual Patch/Ultimate Fix.  Apparently manual fix is optional, so I did ultimate fix, deleted all my saves because I have too many. Opened Origin, download. I pressed download and it started downloading. Paused it, came here, started the thread. The end. Smile
EDIT: Sims 3 and pets are both still there, so IDK what the problem is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:22

arsweetie1234 wrote:I bought the base game and pets on origin. I downloaded generations, it worked fine, showtime, didn't. "Showtime Disc needed" it said. I looked up how to fix it. Manual Patch/Ultimate Fix.  Apparently manual fix is optional, so I did ultimate fix, deleted all my saves because I have too many. Opened Origin, download. I pressed download and it started downloading. Paused it, came here, started the thread. The end. Smile

You mean the base game shows a button to 'Download', now? If so, could you please check in Origin Games if The Sims 3 folder is actually there already?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:30

I did check in Origin games, that's what the edit is about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:37

arsweetie1234 wrote:I did check in Origin games, that's what the edit is about.

Sorry, when I replied I hadn't read the edit. Smile

The Manual Patch could be called 'optional', but it's actually recommended. Could you try to apply the Manual Patch, then re-apply the Ultimate Fix (remember that you only need to use the #Crack folder inside of it), and check again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:39

Okay, but I gotta do homework. How DO you apply the patch though? Maybe I should read the installation guide.
EDIT: Maybe not, I can't find the installation guide. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:43

arsweetie1234 wrote:Okay, but I gotta do homework. How DO you apply the patch though? Maybe I should read the installation guide.
EDIT: Maybe not, I can't find the installation guide. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

You mean the The Sims 3 installation guide, or the Manual Patch installation guide? Wink
If it's the first one, here it is:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If you are talking about the Manual Patch, you should get an .exe after the download. After that the only thing you need to do is double click it, and it will update the game automatically. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:44

arsweetie1234 wrote:Okay, but I gotta do homework. How DO you apply the patch though? Maybe I should read the installation guide.

In the Origin client, if you right-click on the Sims 3 base game (and Pets too), do you get an option that looks like "repair download" ? You may want to try that, otherwise, did you actually try re-"downloading" those games ?

Have you completed those downloads ? Or aren't they completed ? Please, always be precise about what is happening on your side, because even I can't quite imagine/understand what could be wrong on your end. Razz

Also, yes, when you finish "downloading" those games again, please repeat the steps from #2 to #4 here, closely:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Note that you need to apply step #4 to the location C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Good luck.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:49

I didn't get a .exe, and there is no repair download option. So I didn't try redownloading either, because I'm teed off at the fact that they took soooo long and I have to retry them.

//EDIT

I downloaded it off mega before and now I'm redownloading it, not highspeed, and it is a .exe, so see ya soon, about 1 and a half or 2 hours maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:56

arsweetie1234 wrote:I didn't get a .exe, and there is no repair download option. So I didn't try redownloading either, because I'm teed off at the fact that they took soooo long and I have to retry them.

OK, I see. This is weird, because once you finished downloading and installing games in the Origin client, they shouldn't "disappear" so easily, unless you deliberately remove them. Is it possible that you (or someone else with access to your computer ?) maybe accidentally deleted something ?

The fact that you're not getting a "repair download" option isn't that good either. I'm afraid you will have to either re-download the base game (+ Pets) from Origin, or get our torrented games from the following site:

http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Keep us posted, and take your time for the install. It's better doing this when you are feeling OK. There's no use in trying to install anything, if you're too tired. Take it slow, and post back whenever you have more time. Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 02:36

Now I've installed the fix, but get an error at startup popup. Question: Will I ever be able to play sims 3 again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 02:37

arsweetie1234 wrote:Now I've installed the fix, but get an error at startup popup. Question: Will I ever be able to play sims 3 again?

Hi again! Smile

Is the error at the start of the game, or Origin? And what exactly does the error say?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 02:50

SeoY wrote:
arsweetie1234 wrote:Now I've installed the fix, but get an error at startup popup. Question: Will I ever be able to play sims 3 again?

Hi again! Smile

Is the error at the start of the game, or Origin? And what exactly does the error say?
It's the launcher, the same error at startup popup that alot of people seem to get here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 02:52

arsweetie1234 wrote:It's the launcher, the same error at startup popup that alot of people seem to get here.

Could you please be more specific? Is it the Unofficial Game Modification one, or the Script Error one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 02:54

Probably script error, but I don't know. It says, error at startup, please check log for more details.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Oct 2014, 02:57

arsweetie1234 wrote:Probably script error, but I don't know. It says, error at startup, please check log for more details.

Can you please log into the Chatbox, at the Forum's main page? I will try to help you in there. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Oct 2014, 20:09

So is this problem resolved, now, SeoY ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 20:24

Carlos wrote:So is this problem resolved, now, SeoY ? Smile 

Well, I was able to get the "Repair game" button to appear on Origin, and (s)he said (s)he would come back as soon as the game was repaired, but I haven't seen the user since... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Oct 2014, 07:30

I'm back, it's repaired, but the error is still there. BTW, i'm a  girl, so the word IS she. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top