Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam bought base game not working with expansions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steam bought base game not working with expansions? Empty Steam bought base game not working with expansions?

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 02:05

Hi, I'm very sorry, I am more than sure this has been posted before and I've seen similar topics but I still can't seem to understand.  Why.

I've purchased the base game from Steam and I've got a couple expansions I've torrented and kind of at a loss!  I've tried following the instructions in the "Installation Guide" but can't get further than the "Sims3EP07Setup" bit because I get a window saying I need to install the base game?

Once again, I am sorry, very new at this.
But thank you in advance, would love to be a bit more enlightened on this!

Back to top Go down

Steam bought base game not working with expansions? Empty Re: Steam bought base game not working with expansions?

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 02:18

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

I'm sorry to tell you that because of how the Steam version of the game works, the computer won't detect it when trying to install EPs. Due to this, you can't use pirated expansion packs with a base game from Steam.

One solution is that you uninstall the Steam version of the base game, and you download The Sims 3 from our downloads server here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

There won't be any difference between your bought version and this one, trust me.

If you do decide to do this, and you need any help during the process, keep in mind that we are here to help you. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Steam bought base game not working with expansions? Empty Re: Steam bought base game not working with expansions?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Oct 2014, 20:22

mother.ghoul wrote:Hi, I'm very sorry, I am more than sure this has been posted before and I've seen similar topics but I still can't seem to understand.  Why.

I've purchased the base game from Steam and I've got a couple expansions I've torrented and kind of at a loss!  I've tried following the instructions in the "Installation Guide" but can't get further than the "Sims3EP07Setup" bit because I get a window saying I need to install the base game?

Once again, I am sorry, very new at this.
But thank you in advance, would love to be a bit more enlightened on this!

Hello mother.ghould and welcome,

I'd just like to add (and as sacastic as it sounds) that you basically threw money out of the window, by buying the game via Steam (it would have been better to buy that via Origin, since then you could use pirated games alongside the Origin version).

And as far as I know, you cannot send games you already own via Steam, to other Steam accounts, too... ? So you cannot make it a gift to someone else either.  No

For the future, there really is no (pragmatic) point - in my opinion - to buy a game and pirate the rest, without having tested everything, prior to the purchase. Because things like that happen very often. 

Generally, as a rule of thumb, pirate first to see if you like the game(s). And if after that you REALLY want to support the developers, buy the game then (possibly for someone else; you can either buy a retail disc version or send a product code as a gift to a friend, via Steam or Origin). 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 21:15

Thank you so much! 
Although I am rather bummed I spent money on the Steam version, I now have the torrent downloaded.
I followed the instructions but now when I try to copy/paste the TS3.exe into the Bin it says I do not have enough room?
I know you're supposed to replace it but I can not even delete or move the TS3.ex_ let alone replace it?
Please and thanks! ^^;

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Oct 2014, 21:21

mother.ghoul wrote:Thank you so much! 
Although I am rather bummed I spent money on the Steam version, I now have the torrent downloaded.
I followed the instructions but now when I try to copy/paste the TS3.exe into the Bin it says I do not have enough room?
I know you're supposed to replace it but I can not even delete or move the TS3.ex_ let alone replace it?
Please and thanks! ^^;

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please read steps #2 to #4 very carefully. You most likely did not paste the file (step #4) into the right section. The correct place is C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

You most likely tried copying the files onto the .ISO discs, which is not going to work...good luck again ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top