Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 won't load any text in start menu. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 won't load any text in start menu. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 won't load any text in start menu. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 18:48

I'm having the same problem as https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17821-no-text-in-start-menu-solved but I tried The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix and it doesn't work, the ep that did this was Island Paradise, I got it from here and I also have Pets and Supernatural from extremezone (both have been reinstalled now) and Generations from here, as well as Night Life and High-End Loft stuff from Origin that came with my paid base game.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't load any text in start menu. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 won't load any text in start menu. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Oct 2014, 19:03

Mikki0818 wrote:I'm having the same problem as https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17821-no-text-in-start-menu-solved but I tried The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix and it doesn't work, the ep that did this was Island Paradise, I got it from here and I also have Pets and Supernatural from extremezone (both have been reinstalled now) and Generations from here, as well as Night Life and High-End Loft stuff from Origin that came with my paid base game.

//MOVED

Hello Mikki0818 and welcome to the forum,

Please make sure to repeat the steps from #2 to #4, here, and do it exactly as described:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If your base game was bought from Origin, apply step #4 to: C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Good luck and keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 won't load any text in start menu. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 won't load any text in start menu. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 19:09

Carlos wrote:
Mikki0818 wrote:I'm having the same problem as https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17821-no-text-in-start-menu-solved but I tried The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix and it doesn't work, the ep that did this was Island Paradise, I got it from here and I also have Pets and Supernatural from extremezone (both have been reinstalled now) and Generations from here, as well as Night Life and High-End Loft stuff from Origin that came with my paid base game.

//MOVED

Hello Mikki0818 and welcome to the forum,

Please make sure to repeat the steps from #2 to #4, here, and do it exactly as described:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If your base game was bought from Origin, apply step #4 to: C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Good luck and keep us posted !
As I stated, I DID use the Ultimate Fix, but my version  already is 1.67 WhatDidUJustCallMe? I really don't want to have to reinstall this, it takes overnight where I'm at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 19:10

Mikki0818 wrote:As I stated, I DID use the Ultimate Fix, but my version  already is 1.67 WhatDidUJustCallMe? I really don't want to have to reinstall this, it takes overnight where I'm at.

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Another possible fix for that issue can be found in this topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix

Please, try that and let us know if it works. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Oct 2014, 19:11

Mikki0818 wrote:As I stated, I DID use the Ultimate Fix, but my version  already is 1.67 WhatDidUJustCallMe? I really don't want to have to reinstall this, it takes overnight where I'm at.

I know you said it. Wink  But the thing is this: experience shows that in 99.9 % of these cases, something was done wrong. Please double-check those steps from #2 to #4 I mentioned. There really is no other explanation for this.

Do NOT do anything else; only do these steps from #2 to #4. You ONLY need the #crack folder from the Ultimate fix, and none of the other folders.

//EDIT

What SeoY posted happens EXTREMELY rare, but yes, it's a possible alternative solution.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 19:21

Carlos wrote:

I know you said it. Wink  But the thing is this: experience shows that in 99.9 % of these cases, something was done wrong. Please double-check those steps from #2 to #4 I mentioned. There really is no other explanation for this.

Do NOT do anything else; only do these steps from #2 to #4. You ONLY need the #crack folder from the Ultimate fix, and none of the other folders.

//EDIT

What SeoY posted happens EXTREMELY rare, but yes, it's a possible alternative solution.
I double checked my fix, it just doesn't work, I'm about to lauch with SeoY's solution, I'll edit if it worked

//EDIT
It didn't work, problem still persists, it won't let me screenshot the game like it used too.

//EDIT

I consulted my dad about this, (He's worked on my sims once) he doesn't know of any other solutions, I'm going to apply the crack for the 3rd time and if it doesn't work, reinstall it.

//EDIT

Found that my iso file for Island Paradise was still mounted after unmounting that before applying the crack I'm crossing my fingers

//EDIT2

No luck, I'm applying the crack, I'm near in tears about losing my Ackerman family, based off an anime that I like

//EDIT

Solved!!! Unmounted the iso and reapplied the crack again and they're all back! Sims 3 won't load any text in start menu. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 19:48

Mikki0818 wrote:I double checked my fix, it just doesn't work, I'm about to lauch with SeoY's solution, I'll edit if it worked

//EDIT
It didn't work, problem still persists, it won't let me screenshot the game like it used too.

//EDIT

I consulted my dad about this, (He's worked on my sims once) he doesn't know of any other solutions, I'm going to apply the crack for the 3rd time and if it doesn't work, reinstall it.

//EDIT

Found that my iso file for Island Paradise was still mounted after unmounting that before applying the crack I'm crossing my fingers

//EDIT2

No luck, I'm applying the crack, I'm near in tears about losing my Ackerman family, based off an anime that I like

//EDIT

Solved!!! Unmounted the iso and reapplied the crack again and they're all back! Sims 3 won't load any text in start menu. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

Please, remember that posting multiple times in a row is considered spamming, and it's against the Forum rules. Instead, edit a single post to add more information by clicking "Edit" at the top of it. Wink

It's good that you were able to solve the issue! Is there anything else we can help you with at the moment or can we close the topic? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 19:50

No, and I forgot about that, I didn't know if I should just add it or add the //EDIT tag again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Oct 2014, 19:52

Mikki0818 wrote:No, and I forgot about that, I didn't know if I should just add it or add the //EDIT tag again.

Well, you can do it however you want. Smile
Generally just writing Edit: or Update: should make clear that you added more information.

I'll go ahead and close the topic then. If you ever encounter any other issues, don't doubt to come back! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top