Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble with Sims 4 files.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble with Sims 4 files. Empty Trouble with Sims 4 files.

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 23:22

So I downloaded the sims 3 correctly, its just that I had trouble with installing it. I tried using the ultimate fix to replace the exe file that deleted itself when I put it on the exceptions list but it said that I needed permission o=to copy and paste the file even though I am the administrator.  Then I tried uninstalling sims 4 and starting over, but it said an ini file wouldn't let me follow through with it. When you said to add the folders to the exceptions list did you mean the .dll files from the game bin as well as every single thing? Because if so, it wasn't very clear to me. I've tried the ultimate fix more than three times by now, and every time I copy and paste the installer and the other three files, when it gets to the bin it says I need permission. What do I do?

Back to top Go down

Trouble with Sims 4 files. Empty Re: Trouble with Sims 4 files.

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 23:33

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

You mean The Sims 4, right? Wink
Sorry, and what Windows do you have?

If you get a prompt asking for permission, you should be able to just click on "Yes" or "Continue" and it will continue to copy the files. Keep in mind that this button will only appear if you are in an Administrator account. Are you sure the account you are using has administrative rights?

How exactly did you attempt to uninstall The Sims 4? And what .ini file got the error?

Generally, you need to add the folders to the exceptions list, not the individual files. Most of the time just adding the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder to the list will suffice, but if you are having problems you can also add each separate folder (_Installer, Data, Game and Support).
No, there's no need to add the .dll files as those are not folders, and if you add the general folder the antivirus should already ignore anything inside of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Oct 2014, 00:14

whisperlude wrote:So I downloaded the sims 3 correctly, its just that I had trouble with installing it. I tried using the ultimate fix to replace the exe file that deleted itself when I put it on the exceptions list but it said that I needed permission o=to copy and paste the file even though I am the administrator.  Then I tried uninstalling sims 4 and starting over, but it said an ini file wouldn't let me follow through with it. When you said to add the folders to the exceptions list did you mean the .dll files from the game bin as well as every single thing? Because if so, it wasn't very clear to me. I've tried the ultimate fix more than three times by now, and every time I copy and paste the installer and the other three files, when it gets to the bin it says I need permission. What do I do?

Hello whisperlude,

Check this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17678-permissions-error-when-copying-cracked-files-fix

This is written for The Sims 3, but you should be able to apply this procedure to the folders of TS4 too. Take your time for doing the steps carefully, and good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 02:34

Ahh! I meant sims 4 but I got it to work now although I'm having a bit of an issue with working the cursor which I will post on another thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 02:37

whisperlude wrote:Ahh! I meant sims 4 but I got it to work now although I'm having a bit of an issue with working the cursor which I will post on another thread.

There's no need to open a new topic for your problem, as this one is already yours. In your topic you can ask about any issues you have. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top