Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People I met disappear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

People I met disappear Empty People I met disappear

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:11

Your Sims 4 download works great, except one thing. People in the neigbbourhood keep disappearing. If I meet someone on the street they appear on the relationship at first, but the next sim-day they are gone. It happens with both acquaintances and friends. It makes the game unplayable since you need friends for social events and progress in careers. Are more people experiencing this? Is there a solution? 

I used another Sims4 download at first and in this one it did not happen.

Back to top Go down

People I met disappear Empty Re: People I met disappear

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:38

Neexz wrote:Your Sims 4 download works great, except one thing. People in the neigbbourhood keep disappearing. If I meet someone on the street they appear on the relationship at first, but the next sim-day they are gone. It happens with both acquaintances and friends. It makes the game unplayable since you need friends for social events and progress in careers. Are more people experiencing this? Is there a solution? 

Hello Neexz and welcome,

So far, I didn't notice that, but I need to play more, of course.

Do you have any (scripting) mods installed ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:39

Thanks for your fast reply. I am not using any mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:44

Neexz wrote:Thanks for your fast reply. I am not using any mods.

OK, just to make sure. I'm sorry then, but I'm afraid I can't give a better explanation at this point, since I need to play myself more. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 26 Oct 2014, 13:05

Neexz wrote:Your Sims 4 download works great, except one thing. People in the neigbbourhood keep disappearing. If I meet someone on the street they appear on the relationship at first, but the next sim-day they are gone. It happens with both acquaintances and friends. It makes the game unplayable since you need friends for social events and progress in careers. Are more people experiencing this? Is there a solution? 

Hi Neexz,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this bug!  This is actually a fairly common bug and a lot of Simmers are experiencing this.  From what I can tell, it is not isolated to G4TW's download, as people that have actually bought the game (a huge majority) are having the same issue as you.

From what I can tell, unless these sims are part of your household (i.e., you move them in), over-night at about 2am-3am a "purge" happens and some random sims are deleted.  It's making the game virtually unplayable, as you stated, because everything about the sim/s vanishes including any built up relationship stats.  From what I can tell, it's due to the fact that if you have over 180 sims in one specific town (including the dead), the game begins to delete townies. I think this is Maxis' way of cleaning the game up to make it less laggy and buggy - but it's not working so well!

Hang tight, I'm still looking for a solution and I'll keep you up to date.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Dec 2014, 16:15

Do you know if someone came up with a solution yet? I have a legitimate game but still have this problem. I wish that EA could sort it out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top