Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC Items Disappear after the new update.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CC Items Disappear after the new update. Empty CC Items Disappear after the new update.

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2020, 11:10

Hi! Ever since I updated my game I have had an issue with CC Decor (plants and decor items in general). I place the item and it disappear. However, if I go out of the lot and into it again, the item will be there. 

Any idea how to fix that? I was a bit late with applying the new update and it started after I did it. 
I have updated Sims 4 Studio and done batch fixes. 
I searched in hope of finding someone else having similar problems like mine, but I have not found one.. Otherwise there would probably have been a new batch fix for it.
Also deleted my localthumbcache.

I love building and decor is such a big part of the game play for me. I hope there is a way to solve this. Having to place one item and exit the lot each time is such a terrible way to build. 
I have only had similar issues like this before when Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island Living and University came out.. But that issue was obviously fixed with Sims 4 Studio and batch fixes.

Back to top Go down

CC Items Disappear after the new update. Empty Re: CC Items Disappear after the new update.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Apr 2020, 16:57

marimw wrote:Hi! Ever since I updated my game I have had an issue with CC Decor (plants and decor items in general). I place the item and it disappear. However, if I go out of the lot and into it again, the item will be there. 

Hello @marimw,

Isn't that a bit similar to what @grieralexander described here?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35990-lots-missing-content-specially-community-lots-bug
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

CC Items Disappear after the new update. Empty Re: CC Items Disappear after the new update.

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2020, 19:05

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
marimw wrote:Hi! Ever since I updated my game I have had an issue with CC Decor (plants and decor items in general). I place the item and it disappear. However, if I go out of the lot and into it again, the item will be there. 

Hello @marimw,

Isn't that a bit similar to what @grieralexander described here?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35990-lots-missing-content-specially-community-lots-bug
Hmm.. I have not tried out with community lots. I get this problem no matter if I move a family into the lot I am building at or if I build on the lot without any sims living in it (I am so bad at explaining, but basically I am doing this on a residential lot that nobody lives in) To me it makes no change whenever I do it from the world map or if I load into a family Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Mon 06 Apr 2020, 19:24

Hello @marimw ,
 This bug was around since University EP, Ea had said that they had fixed the bug but did not, actually it got worst after Tiny living. There a few tricks people are using as a work around. I have been testing... One of the problems is that items disappear randomely when changing wall covers or changing walls (deleting). Make sure your cheat bb.moveobjects is on, before you do walls. Before you save, make sure you deactivate bb.moveobjects cheat. I've contacted a few CC creators and a couple of modders to see if they help me find a stable workaround. However, some of these CC creators do not even play the game, so, always test your new CC. The one that I've found out so far that works best is to replace the item that disappears and save again as save as. Always use save as, since your other save will be corrupted.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2020, 19:45

grieralexander wrote:Hello @marimw ,
 This bug was around since University EP, Ea had said that they had fixed the bug but did not, actually it got worst after Tiny living. There a few tricks people are using as a work around. I have been testing... One of the problems is that items disappear randomely when changing wall covers or changing walls (deleting). Make sure your cheat bb.moveobjects is on, before you do walls. Before you save, make sure you deactivate bb.moveobjects cheat. I've contacted a few CC creators and a couple of modders to see if they help me find a stable workaround. However, some of these CC creators do not even play the game, so, always test your new CC. The one that I've found out so far that works best is to replace the item that disappears and save again as save as. Always use save as, since your other save will be corrupted.
Thank you for the answer! At least there is some kind of hope that it can be fixed then!
Moveobjects is always on for me, but I did try to turn it off etc but I still had the same issue.. 

This happen to me after the last update, before that it was working. Sad that there is not a batch fix for it on Sims 4 Studio. 

You are so right about the corrupt thing! I deleted a new save I had because I would get error codes.. Whenever I did fix the issue, it would come up with another error code. Some said that this could happen if you deleted sims (which I had done). Thank you for your advice. I have been considering picking each single item out of my game and save the files on a folder on my desktop so I maybe once can move them back. Just sucks so much that it happens to my decor which is a big part of the game for me. At first I thought it was only plants, but it seems like it is all types of decor in general. 

I am so glad I am a part of of this amazing website. Even though I get upset, I can only imagine how much it would have upset me if I actually did pay for it and this happen.

I do hope there is a batch fix from sims 4 studios or an update from EA. I hope for the first though. I often experience with each update that they fix one or two things, but the update itself gives a lot more issues. If often see the people that pay for the game complain about the same thing, so I do of course not blame the amazing games4theworld for it, but EA themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 07 Apr 2020, 21:47

marimw wrote:
grieralexander wrote:Hello @marimw ,
Thank you for the answer! At least there is some kind of hope that it can be fixed then!
Moveobjects is always on for me, but I did try to turn it off etc but I still had the same issue.. 

This happen to me after the last update, before that it was working. Sad that there is not a batch fix for it on Sims 4 Studio. 

You are so right about the corrupt thing! I deleted a new save I had because I would get error codes.. Whenever I did fix the issue, it would come up with another error code. Some said that this could happen if you deleted sims (which I had done). Thank you for your advice. I have been considering picking each single item out of my game and save the files on a folder on my desktop so I maybe once can move them back. Just sucks so much that it happens to my decor which is a big part of the game for me. At first I thought it was only plants, but it seems like it is all types of decor in general. 

I am so glad I am a part of of this amazing website. Even though I get upset, I can only imagine how much it would have upset me if I actually did pay for it and this happen.

I do hope there is a batch fix from sims 4 studios or an update from EA. I hope for the first though. I often experience with each update that they fix one or two things, but the update itself gives a lot more issues. If often see the people that pay for the game complain about the same thing, so I do of course not blame the amazing games4theworld for it, but EA themselves.
As I'm posting this, there is an update from EA that they threw out today. However, I was reading the different bug fixes and although they have addressed disappearing items, it seems it is only on specific lot, which is not your case or mine. This is random, so just build and test and save regularly and try to remain calm, I know is hard, specially after you have finished doing all the decor. Carlos is tha man
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2020, 21:09

I just wanted to post an update that my problem has been solved! 

I thought all of my decor was outdated and broken even though it was by different creators. 

I was wrong. There was one file causing all of my decor to not work. One file! And the funny thing, it was not even in my decor section!

I download a CC counter, which strangely enough affected my decor to disappear. 

After finding that little bastard, my decor works perfectly and just like before! 
It seems like the CC counter was working fine, but broke after I applied the update (which I did a few days ago because I didn't know that there was an update here).

I made a lot of new folders and put files in and tested them, that was how I was able to find the one causing an error. It took a lot of time, but I am so glad I did it. 

This might not be the case for everyone, but I hope this can be helpful for anyone who might experience the same issue. 

I was scared that I had to get rid of all my beloved decor. I thought the "bad" file had to be in my decor. I did not even place the counter for the items to disappear , the file being in my folder was enough to mess up my other files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top