Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods not appearing in the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods not appearing in the game Empty Mods not appearing in the game

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 15:06

Hi, I've downloaded the latest version of Sims 4. At the beginning of the game, it does pop out that the mod I added is available. But when I started to build or create a new sim, the clothing or object I just added by mod does not appear. Hope that I explained well, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Mods not appearing in the game Empty Re: Mods not appearing in the game

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 15:22

Hello there,maybe the mod is newer or older than your game version so even if its there the game cant recognize it and you cant use it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 15:32

Hi, I've tried to download 2015's mod, it does not work too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 16:36

You got only the base game or you got also the other packs till the City living?We are talking about the pirated game or the original?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 16:54

Lets check some things,go to Game options,Other,Enable custom content and Mods (this must be green).
Check if your mods are on (my) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods.You also need to check if there is a file named Recource.cfg inside the Mods folder.If you open this file you must see inside this

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Now if everything is ok,and you have the latest version of the pirated game (City Living) your mods must be there.The only reason to not be there is the date of the mods.Try mods created on 2016,till the January 2017.
If you have only the base game you need much older mods to make them work cus the pirated base game have not got the latest updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 23:59

I've checked my Resource.cfg file, I just have
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package
I think this is because I just have the base game and not the City Living. So, I should download older mods. Thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Mar 2017, 02:06

Yeah,you need older mods, Tea 5 you can edit the Resource.cfg if you want.Those */*/* are the subfolders inside the mods folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Mar 2017, 03:18

I tried edit the Resource.cfg, it didn't work. Btw, I tried downloaded the 2014 mod, it does work. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Mar 2017, 06:35

Liv_88 wrote:I tried edit the Resource.cfg, it didn't work. Btw, I tried downloaded the 2014 mod, it does work. Thanks

Editing the resource.cfg as the previpus poster mentioned is only necessary if you have a super-fancy way of organizing your Mods-folder, so a folder layout like...

Mods
-
Old Mods --- New Mods
              -
              -
                                                                                          Clothing-------Script Mods
                                                                                              -             -
                                                                                              -             -
                                                                   Male------------Female         (etc.)

You get the idea. For mods, you mostly have to check for comaptibility with the latest game version. Which for the cracked games is 1.25.136.1020. If you just download things like clothing, hairstyles, makeup, etc., the version compatibility may be less important, but still. You may need to get in touch with the creator of your mods for that information. Extra tip: if you have to do that, don't mention your game is cracked, even when asked about it. If you say the game is cracked, they (the mod creators) may not take kindly to this.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Mar 2017, 10:04

Hmm... I think I need to spend more time to find the mods that suitable. Thanks for helping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top