Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] Empty Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2019, 15:07

Hey so not completely sure as to why my mods aren't appearing in the game to use (but are appearing in Mods folder when I start up the game). I've enabled custom content & mods and I've also allowed script mods in the in game options. The mods are also being placed in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Scripting Mods. I've researched loads in results of people with a similar problems, I did whatever they did but nothing seems to be working. I downloaded various mods just to make sure it wasn't just one that was the issue. 

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2019, 15:14

Forgot to add but I also tried adding the files to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Scripting Mods zipped and unziped in the file, doesn't seem to work either way. Files at the moment in there are unziped.

Back to top Go down

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2019, 15:33

.ts4script files can't be in too many subfolders.

For example if you download MCCC, put .ts4script files in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MCCC". Mod won't work if you put it to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Scripting Mods\MCCC".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2019, 15:41

anadius wrote:.ts4script files can't be in too many subfolders.

For example if you download MCCC, put .ts4script files in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MCCC". Mod won't work if you put it to "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Scripting Mods\MCCC".

Okay I fixed that and restarted the game and still not working. It is in fact MCCC I'm trying to get in the game. Doesn't appear when I click sim or on the computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Jul 2019, 16:17

dressedforspace wrote:

Okay I fixed that and restarted the game and still not working. It is in fact MCCC I'm trying to get in the game. Doesn't appear when I click sim or on the computer.

I'm assuming you activated script mods through your Options Menu?

I tested it just now, and my setup looks like this.

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] DSGkdaT

And when I started the game I was greeted with the MC Command Center pop-up in the top right of the screen. The options also showed on the computer. Basically I would not recommend having a folder structure that is too complex. One layer "under" your Mods-folder should be fine, but not too many more.

I'm aware that this guide here (I assume you read this one, because you use a subfolder "Scripting Mods") is partially outdated, though due to lack of motivation on my end, I haven't really gotten around to posting updates to it. Maybe the @Freezer Bunny will help us out later.

Also, if you haven't done it yet, try clearing your caches:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cachebackup.php
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2019, 16:43

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
dressedforspace wrote:

I'm assuming you activated script mods through your Options Menu?

I tested it just now, and my setup looks like this.

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] DSGkdaT

And when I started the game I was greeted with the MC Command Center pop-up in the top right of the screen. The options also showed on the computer. Basically I would not recommend having a folder structure that is too complex. One layer "under" your Mods-folder should be fine, but not too many more.

I'm aware that this guide here (I assume you read this one, because you use a subfolder "Scripting Mods") is partially outdated, though due to lack of motivation on my end, I haven't really gotten around to posting updates to it. Maybe the @Freezer Bunny will help us out later.

Also, if you haven't done it yet, try clearing your caches:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cachebackup.php

Hey,

Yeah I did activate the script mods alright, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I am not greeted with the MC Command Center pop-up in the right top of the screen at all, I know for sure it's not running for whatever reason. 

I tried clearing up my catch there, but I don't seem to have the "scratch directory" that's in the original saved folder. But I followed it all through anyway and didn't change anything sadly :-(

Thanks ever so much for your help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Jul 2019, 16:51

First thing: is your The Sims 4 game on patch version 1.52.100.1020 (Island Living)? If yes, are you positive you are using only the version 6.3.2. of the MCCC mod? That all files of your MCCC, match that 6.3.2. version?

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

On second thought, instead of having these mods as loose files like I did in my example, it might be better to put those in a folder named "MCCC", but it should be directly under "Mods", not "Scripting Mods". This will especially benefit those people who use lots of mods.

If it's correctly installed, you should also get a popup like this here at the startup of TS4.

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] JeIS2g8

Then in-game, this is what the pop-up in the top right looks like:

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] EHKepwh

Then there is also the theoretical possibility of other (script) mods interfering, have you double-checked on that? E.g. did you remove possible previous versions of MCCC, or other script mods in general?

I'm not familiar enough with today's landscape of mods in TS4; I'm not even really playing the game anymore these days. So unfortunately my insight is limited. If you haven't done so yet, remove all mods/CC you have, and leave only the MCCC in. Then try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2019, 18:01

The_gh0stm4n wrote:First thing: is your The Sims 4 game on patch version 1.52.100.1020 (Island Living)? If yes, are you positive you are using only the version 6.3.2. of the MCCC mod? That all files of your MCCC, match that 6.3.2. version?

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

On second thought, instead of having these mods as loose files like I did in my example, it might be better to put those in a folder named "MCCC", but it should be directly under "Mods", not "Scripting Mods". This will especially benefit those people who use lots of mods.

If it's correctly installed, you should also get a popup like this here at the startup of TS4.

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] JeIS2g8

Then in-game, this is what the pop-up in the top right looks like:

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] EHKepwh

Then there is also the theoretical possibility of other (script) mods interfering, have you double-checked on that? E.g. did you remove possible previous versions of MCCC, or other script mods in general?

I'm not familiar enough with today's landscape of mods in TS4; I'm not even really playing the game anymore these days. So unfortunately my insight is limited. If you haven't done so yet, remove all mods/CC you have, and leave only the MCCC in. Then try the game again.

Yeah my patch is up to date and I only have the 6.3.2. mod of the mccc, its my first time using any mods in the game.

I get that pop up too but in the custom content part theirs no files and then in the script mods part there is the two mods (the main one and the whohoo one) from mccc I'm trying to install.

Yeah again I have never had any other mod in the game and none from mccc, so I'm left stumped.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Jul 2019, 19:51

The question I have for now is, are you able to play the game otherwise 'normally'? A.k.a. are you noticing any other problems with the game apart from this unlucky episode with the MCCC?

Are you also logged into your Windows Administrator account? If not, please try doing so, or generally: try logging into a different Windows user account and see if it makes any difference there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2019, 22:17

Just show us where you put your files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2019, 18:53

The_gh0stm4n wrote:The question I have for now is, are you able to play the game otherwise 'normally'? A.k.a. are you noticing any other problems with the game apart from this unlucky episode with the MCCC?

Are you also logged into your Windows Administrator account? If not, please try doing so, or generally: try logging into a different Windows user account and see if it makes any difference there.

Yeah I can play the game normally and really have no issues other then this. I wonder could if its anything to do with my antivirus? Not sure though.

I'm logged into the main admin account on my laptop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2019, 18:57

anadius wrote:Just show us where you put your files.
Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] QDVLZQH
Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] Fp2HpZq
Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] 9VzqQBY

like this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2019, 18:59

Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] Screen12
Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] Screen11
Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] Screen11

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Jul 2019, 19:06

dressedforspace wrote:Mods Not Appearing In Game? [SOLVED] Screen11

You did not extract the contents of the .zip archives (I know the old guide states that for some mods it should be done this way, I will be pulling the guide shortly from public view). But this was only ever meant as a general guideline. If the mod creators give more specific instructions, as is the case with MCCC, then one should follow the mod creator's instructions instead. But no worries.

You have to extract the contents of the archives and instead have the isolated files inside your Mods/Scripting Mods subfolder, like I showed in my previous screenshot here above:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35230-mods-not-appearing-in-game#205408

Edit: guide pulled.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2019, 19:15

Brilliant! It finally worked. Thanks so much for the help and patience.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Jul 2019, 19:18

dressedforspace wrote:Brilliant! It finally worked. Thanks so much for the help and patience.

Cool! As hinted, the guide has been pulled from public view, and will go online again...when amendments and updates will be posted there. Always remember though, that the installation part of mods in the guide, is partially just a set of general guidelines. You will want your principal source of knowledge to be always the mod creator directly.

Feel free to get in touch with us again anytime you need more Support. Problem solved, and topic closed. Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top