Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video card problem?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Video card problem? Empty Video card problem?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 16:20

Hi guys first of all thanks so much for the download Smile

Also, when I have set up everything, it says that:

"Can't run TS4 with video card in this system. Please check that hte video card meets minimum specs and that the latest video drivers are installed."

I have Intel (R) HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M video cards. I've updated the video drivers.

I also have the following specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 2.30 GHz
8GB RAM

I checked the minimum system requirements and the website says "NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better". Thing is I'm not sure if my video card is better than that or it's something else interfering with the video driver working properly. So can anyone here with more superior knowledge in this area tell me? And my laptop worked fine with other games. I'd be sad if my video card really doesn't support the game I've waited so long to play it Why God.

Sorry I'm such a noob lol.  Noob  Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Video card problem? Empty Re: Video card problem?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 16:29

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

According to some research that was done in The Sims Forum, your card *should* be able to run the game, but not at max. Take a look:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/774696/updated-supported-graphics-card-list-the-sims-4-edition

Scroll down to the part about NVIDIA GeForce Series (Laptop). So, are you sure you are trying to run the game with the NVIDIA card? Please right click on your desktop, and select "NVIDIA Control Panel". There, look for the option that allows you to change the 3D settings per-program, and look for The Sims 4 on the list. When you find it, make sure that you set it so it plays with the NVIDIA card, and not the Integrated one. Then, try again.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 09:45

Hi thanks for your help Smile

I checked the NVIDIA control panel and it was already set to the NVIDIA GeForce video card. But it still didnt work. So I thought maybe I should try switching to the Intel card. And surprisingly it worked (for now)!

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 12:57

galzrul wrote:Hi thanks for your help Smile

I checked the NVIDIA control panel and it was already set to the NVIDIA GeForce video card. But it still didnt work. So I thought maybe I should try switching to the Intel card. And surprisingly it worked (for now)!

Thank you!

That's very strange. I don't recommend that you play the game with the Intel card, as it's extremely underpowered. It can cause issues in the long run if you play with the integrated card. 

You should make sure that the NVIDIA card's drivers are updated, and are the proper version. NVIDIA has a program called "GeForce Experience" that keeps your drivers up to date. You can find it here:
http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Or you can also look for the drivers yourself and install them manually, without any programs. As I don't know your OS, I can't give you the direct link. But you can find all of the drivers here:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 14:15

I did update my NVIDIA GeForce driver to the latest version though. I'm not sure why it won't allow me to play the game, while the Intel one does WhatDidUJustCallMe? And it's pretty smooth. There's not much lag and it doesn't crash weirdly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top