Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E1104)"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E1104)" Empty "The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E1104)"

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 01:50

I unistalled and reinstalled everything including the ultimate fix but this error keeps showing up and it's driving me mad. 
Note that I uninstalled my antivirus programs as well so those shouldn't be the issue either.
Please help asap, thank you~

//EDIT

"The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E1104)" Screen10

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like.

Back to top Go down

"The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E1104)" Empty Re: "The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E1104)"

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2014, 04:15

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

Please, go to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist and install both vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe. If they are already installed, then uninstall and install them again.

Then, re-extract the Ultimate Fix and copy the 4 folders to that location again.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

"The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E1104)" Empty Re: "The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E1104)"

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 18:02

Hi there, i got the same problem and the solution list below:

1. a) ADD THE FOLDER WHERE YOU INSTALLED THE SIMS 4 TO                 YOUR ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE’S EXCEPTION LIST

b) AND ALSO ADD THE FOLDER WHERE YOU EXTRACT "ULTIMATE          FIX", OTHERWISE THE GAME MIGHT NOT LAUNCH!

2.   Please, go to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims               4\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist and install                    

both vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe. If they are         

already installed, then uninstall and install them again.

Then, re-extract the Ultimate Fix and copy the 4 folders to that location again.

Good luck! "The dynamic library 'rld.dll' failed to initialize (E1104)" Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014, 15:17

Could be your antivirus that is having a problem. I had the same issue. I had windows defender. I turned it off and switched to Avast and added Sims4 folder in the exception list. Applied the fix and voila! I am able to play again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top