Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Ultimate Fix may contain a virus!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Ultimate Fix may contain a virus! Empty Sims 4 Ultimate Fix may contain a virus!

Post by Guest Sat 15 Nov 2014, 13:28

So I downloaded the Sims 4 but it didnt work. I read several threads from other people that had the same problem and I eventually got it fixed by downloading the ultimate fix. About 2 days later I was just on my computer and my antivirus came up saying it had detected malware in the sims 4 folder. I also couldn't open my documents, my computer or my browser. When I did open my browser there was ads coming up all over the place and I noticed there had been something installed called "Click Caption". This wasn't there before I got the sims 4! However once I uninstalled that everything seemed back to normal (but I didnt have to have my antivirus do its whole disinfecting thing). Mainly writing this to warn other but I'm interested to see how many other people had the problem and what the staff say about the situation since I saw one other post with this problem and they just blamed it on something else on their computer

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Ultimate Fix may contain a virus! Empty Re: Sims 4 Ultimate Fix may contain a virus!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Nov 2014, 04:55

RainbowMilk wrote:So I downloaded the Sims 4 but it didnt work. I read several threads from other people that had the same problem and I eventually got it fixed by downloading the ultimate fix. About 2 days later I was just on my computer and my antivirus came up saying it had detected malware in the sims 4 folder. I also couldn't open my documents, my computer or my browser. When I did open my browser there was ads coming up all over the place and I noticed there had been something installed called "Click Caption". This wasn't there before I got the sims 4! However once I uninstalled that everything seemed back to normal (but I didnt have to have my antivirus do its whole disinfecting thing). Mainly writing this to warn other but I'm interested to see how many other people had the problem and what the staff say about the situation since I saw one other post with this problem and they just blamed it on something else on their computer

Hello RainbowMilk and welcome,

Sorry for the late reply, but what the "staff" has to say ? Let me tell you what we have to say: if there was a virus, wouldn't there be posts all over the place regarding that ? You are the second person complaining about this "supposed" virus. I remember replying to another user on here, yes, and I basically said the same to that user too. I suggested she does a proper anti-malware/anti-virus check, but after that she never posted back again on here about her progress. 

And the fact that nobody has replied to your post, saying that he/she has the same issue, also says a lot.

If you still believe there is a virus, feel free to un-install everything and get your copy of TS4 elsewhere. Simple as that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top