Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize". [SOLVED] Empty "The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 20:27

Hello, I followed all the rules previously posted about the dynamic library issue. I use Norton Internet Security and I have added the folders to my exceptions list, and downloaded the Ultimate fix. But the same message keeps appearing, what should I do?

Back to top Go down

"The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 20:51

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

What exactly is the error message you are getting? Is it E0, E1103 or E1104?

Did you make sure to install the vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe, as mentioned in the Ultimate Fix guide? If they are already installed, you can try to uninstall and reinstall them (or repair them) to see if it fixes anything. Also, you need to make sure to add the location where you are extracting the Ultimate Fix to the exceptions list too, to prevent the antivirus from deleting anything before you copy the folders. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

"The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 21:22

Hello thank you for the quick response.

The message I am getting is [E0] I already installed the vcredist_86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe and I just repaired each one. 

I deleted and added the place I put the Ultimate Fix on the list but it still says the message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 22:00

gamelover123 wrote:Hello thank you for the quick response.

The message I am getting is [E0] I already installed the vcredist_86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe and I just repaired each one. 

I deleted and added the place I put the Ultimate Fix on the list but it still says the message.

I see. The issue is most likely caused by your antivirus then, as it's deleting some important files (or interfering with them). You'll have to experiment with the exceptions list, maybe adding all of the folders from the file's path to it or even adding the files themselves (if possible). The most important files that need to be added to the list are rld.dll, RldOrigin.dll and TS4.exe, all of them found at Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. You can also try disabling your antivirus, or outright changing it to another one, should nothing else work.

Please, keep us updated on your progress. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Dec 2014, 16:48

Hello I tried disabling my anti virus and it worked!!

Is there any way I can enable my Norton Internet and Windows Firewall without having troubles?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Dec 2014, 19:36

gamelover123 wrote:Hello I tried disabling my anti virus and it worked!!

Is there any way I can enable my Norton Internet and Windows Firewall without having troubles?

Glad to hear that! Very Happy

Well, yes, theoretically adding the install location to the Exceptions List of Norton should allow you to play without any issues. But that antivirus is known to somewhat ignore user input and do whatever it pleases, so... you'll have to experiment with it a little. If nothing you can try works, I'm sorry to say that you'll have to keep it disabled or change it for a better one. But that's your choice.

You can keep us updated if you want. Or if you consider the problem solved, let us know and we'll close the topic. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 13:59

I'll add install location to the exceptions list, if that doesnt work i'll disable it. 

Thank you Problem Solved!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun ! Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top