Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I open the actual SIMS 4 game? (Sorry, poor with PCs)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I open the actual SIMS 4 game? (Sorry, poor with PCs) Empty How do I open the actual SIMS 4 game? (Sorry, poor with PCs)

Post by Guest Thu 04 Dec 2014, 09:19

Hi,
I apologise in advance for the probably silly question compared to most. 
I believe I have downloaded and installed the program properly - it has the correct install path inside Electronic Arts folder of Program files (x86).
When the program finished installing it told me so and gave me the option of starting the game which I elected to do, but nothing happened. Now I'm unsure how to open it - I went back to the install path to hopefully find something that opened the game but there are so many folders and I'm not sure what to do. I'm hoping you might be able to help me as this is the first game I've downloaded and I am very lost and frustrated, I don't want to stuff anything up. 
I understand there is an ultimate fix, which I have downloaded but I don't want to install it without first making sure I have done the initial steps correctly!

Thanks, 
L

Back to top Go down

How do I open the actual SIMS 4 game? (Sorry, poor with PCs) Empty Re: How do I open the actual SIMS 4 game? (Sorry, poor with PCs)

Post by Guest Thu 04 Dec 2014, 16:19

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Normally, after the installation, a shortcut for the game is created at the desktop. But if you can't find it, then going to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and double clicking TS4.exe will start the game for you. You can then create a shortcut by right clicking TS4.exe and selecting "Create Shortcut", moving it to the desktop afterwards.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top